• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern BEING HUMAN: CHAPTER II | OOC [On Break!]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Pssh the Lance Lord Ephraim is where it's at.

I like Ephraim. He kind of reminds me of Roland, in some ways. Attacking a well-defended castle with only three guys, one of whom turns out to be a traitor, and succeeding? Definitely Roland's kind of play.

...But he isn't Hector. Hector is best GBA lord.

She's flippin' out about the sheer amount of nonsense I'm going to write for this Company Law exam tomorrow.

Also, I'll be damned if this conversation between Ephraim and Valter doesn't capture the kind of attitude I was going for with Roland perfectly:

Valter:
“So, you’ve captured Renvall, have you? And with such a small force! Impressive! You’ve earned your reputation. I must say, I quite admire your work. I take it you’re the leader of this pack–the misguided Prince Ephraim.”

Ephraim:
“I am.”

Valter:
“I’m General Valter, the Moonstone of Grado’s Imperial Army. Catching up to you has caused me no small amount of trouble. We’ve reduced your wretched home of Renais to ruin, and yet… you and your little band of bravos continue to be a thorn in our side. But that all ends here.”

Ephraim:
“We’ll see…You claim you’ve taken the capital of Renais… Tell me, how did you know I would attack Renvall?”

Valter:
“Ha ha… Patience. You’ll have your answer soon enough. Now, be good lads, and drop your weapons, will you?”

Kyle:
“Prince Ephraim, let us attack!”

Ephraim:
“……”

Valter:
“Listen to me, Ephraim. You’re a smart man. You know it’s futile to fight me. You cannot win. You cannot escape. Accept the reality of your situation, and surrender to me.”

Ephraim:
“Surrender?”

Valter:
“Heh heh heh… That’s right. If you do, I’ll let you live. I hold your life in the palm of my hand. Do not test my good humor. Now, come over here, bend your knee, and beg for your life. Show me how Renais dogs grovel.”

Ephraim:
“I think not.”

Valter:
“What?”

Ephraim:
“You said your name was Valter, didn’t you? Well, I’m sorry, Valter, but I don’t have time to waste playing games with you. So, we’re going to knock you louts about a bit and then make our way out of here.”

Valter:
“Fool… Have you gone mad? Do you truly believe you can fight your way past my wyvern knights?”

Ephraim:
“Watch and see. I don’t pick fights I can’t win. Kyle, Forde. Are you ready?”

Kyle:
“My life has been yours since the moment I took my chivalric vows.”

Forde:
“It’s moments like these that keep me by your side, my prince.”

Valter:
“What idiotic wretches you are… Prepare yourselves to be destroyed utterly!”

Ephraim:
“We break to the east. GO!”

For context, he's got like two cavaliers against a screen full of wyvern lords and wyvern riders.

AND HE ACTUALLY ESCAPES!

Badass.

Also I'm going to have to apologize, Lisa will be getting a slight personality retcon (honestly she's been a struggle, the plan for her has radically changed over the last few months like you wouldn't believe) but I've finally got everything in place now, sorry if you get whiplash from the Switch. Pretend she always was like this from tonight LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back