• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Lancelot said:
The heir?
Arren Tyrell is almost forty and still single, he better hurry up and make some babbies otherwise I doubt his rule will last very long, especially considering his sickness.

Hypnos said:
Arren Tyrell is almost forty and still single, he better hurry up and make some babbies otherwise I doubt his rule will last very long, especially considering his sickness.
Wonder what his stance is on the way, it could be very important with how powerful Highgarden is

Hypnos said:
Akio said:
Wonder what his stance is on the way, it could be very important with how powerful Highgarden is
In that case he better choose carefully...

The Hightowers could either be a problem or a strong ally.

Akio said:
He was supposed to marry Area Targaryen (Or at least they were going to meet to decide on a betrothal) before she was murdered on the road so it was looking like they would go for the loyalists for a while but now I'm not to sure. I might try and get in their and offer him on of Walder's granddaughters if he doesn't find someone soon though I'm split, I might also offer one of Hightower's second son though it wouldn't be ideal.

Lancelot said:
In that case he better choose carefully...
The Hightowers could either be a problem or a strong ally.
So are near a half dozen other strong houses in the Reach. He's got his work cut out for him.

Also, pledge to Tiber and you can have all the chicken you can pick/eat. :P

Hypnos said:
He was supposed to marry Area Targaryen (Or at least they were going to meet to decide on a betrothal) before she was murdered on the road so it was looking like they would go for the loyalists for a while but now I'm not to sure. I might try and get in their and offer him on of Walder's granddaughters if he doesn't find someone soon though I'm split, I might also offer one of Hightower's second son though it wouldn't be ideal.
This will be interesting. Would the offer come by raven or face to face? Either to Highgarden or Oldtown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hypnos said:
If Cayden becomes leader of Dorne he has more then a few sisters of marrying age so hes free to play around in that regard though he rather not if not necessary. If Cayden follows Daenna who get married to the shadow king all he have to do is wait till he dies and become king of Westeros ((if we win of course)) So if they're would be marriage contracts most likely the Martells would be the one offering for Daennas side unless one of the other families of Dorne offered in their stead ((or another one of the seven kingdoms declare for Daenna then its a bit more free with variety))

WanderingJester said:
So are near a half dozen other strong houses in the Reach. He's got his work cut out for him.
Also, pledge to Tiber and you can have all the chicken you can pick/eat. :P

This will be interesting. The offer would come by raven or face to face? Either to Highgarden or Oldtown.
If I did offer marriage I'd want it to be face to face so that it seems less like a power grab, really I'd want to do it at the Lannister wedding since that's the only time they could potentially meet and Walder wouldn't be there to interfere since he doesn't like selling of his children if he can help it (Or so he claim since he's the only asshole who has actually done it so far)

Hypnos said:
If I did offer marriage I'd want it to be face to face so that it seems less like a power grab, really I'd want to do it at the Lannister wedding since that's the only time they could potentially meet and Walder wouldn't be there to interfere since he doesn't like selling of his children if he can help it (Or so he claim since he's the only asshole who has actually done it so far)
Speaking of which:

I wonder who will win the tourney there and who will be crowned Queen of Love and Beauty? Certainly a powerful political move if I've ever seen one.

Also, if @HuorSpinks doesn't reply within a certain amount of OOC time, should we consider doing the funeral ourselves?

WanderingJester said:
Speaking of which:
I wonder who will win the tourney there and who will be crowned Queen of Love and Beauty? Certainly a powerful political move if I've ever seen one.

Also, if @HuorSpinks doesn't reply within a certain amount of OOC time, should we consider doing the funeral ourselves?
If @HuorSpinks doesn't post the funeral soon then just go ahead with the Lannister wedding, mess with the timelines a tad so that the funeral hasn't taken place yet or something and that people are only just hearing about Hollis' death. The funeral doesn't have to take place right after his death anyway.

WanderingJester said:
Speaking of which:

I think the Hightower sons would potentially be pretty solid competitors in the tourney but I couldn't see either of them winning.

WanderingJester said:
Speaking of which:

Wonder if Caydens gonna be back in Westeros. The Tyrell funeral and Lannister wedding could be good opportunities for him if hes made it back by then

Lancelot said:
I think the Hightower sons would potentially be pretty solid competitors in the tourney but I couldn't see either of them winning.
The Tullys will probably enter but more for the fun of it than to win, like Jory Cassel, they don't really expect to win.

For the Tourneys are we going to decide who wins or roll for it, I feel like a tourney is one of the times where rolling may be best.

Hypnos said:
The Tullys will probably enter but more for the fun of it than to win, like Jory Cassel, they don't really expect to win.
For the Tourneys are we going to decide who wins or roll for it, I feel like a tourney is one of the times where rolling may be best.
Rolling perhaps but some people have certain advantages like better horsemen ship and such so do they get any advantages?

Hypnos said:
If @HuorSpinks doesn't post the funeral soon then just go ahead with the Lannister wedding, mess with the timelines a tad so that the funeral hasn't taken place yet or something and that people are only just hearing about Hollis' death. The funeral doesn't have to take place right after his death anyway.
I'll give it until Monday, unless people want me to post sooner. Lemme know what the deal is if anyone want to move forward before then.

Lancelot said:
Fair enough, very honest assessment.

Akio said:
Wonder if Caydens gonna be back in Westeros. The Tyrell funeral and Lannister wedding could be good opportunities for him if hes made it back by then
I think if he leaves and hauls ass right now he'll be able to make the Lannister Wedding, otherwise probably not. Also it's a great opportunity for a great many people now that I think about it: Viserys, Cayden, Riverlords, etc.

Hypnos said:
Depends on who's entering in what competition I suppose. Really up to the skills of the contestants involved. I was thinking about drawing up a bracket for who enters and see if we can discuss things in the OOC or see if fights could work out organically IC before resorting to dice (which will come if the GMs can't agree on a winner).

WanderingJester said:
I'll give it until Monday, unless people want me to post sooner. Lemme know what the deal is if anyone want to move forward before then.

I think if he leaves and hauls ass right now he'll be able to make the Lannister Wedding, otherwise probably not. Also it's a great opportunity for a great many people now that I think about it: Viserys, Cayden, Riverlords, etc.

Depends on who's entering in what competition I suppose. Really up to the skills of the contestants involved. I was thinking about drawing up a bracket for who enters and see if we can discuss things in the OOC or see if fights could work out organically IC before resorting to dice (which will come if the GMs can't agree on a winner).
One way or another Caydens going back to Westeros within 3 rp days. Ethier to prepare for Daennas arrival or prepare dorne for war for when the Ibbens come.

WanderingJester said:

If Viserys get his ass out of Highgarden for the wedding it might be nice storywise for him to win the Joust and crown the QoLaB. He may not be the best fighter but stranger things have happened (Jorah winning the joust at Lannisport for one)

I would imagine Trevrir is the main candidate for winning the Jousting.

Roland and Martyn - if they compete - will be the two melee finalists more likely. I'll flesh out the Frey family soon, and have a few decent Freys. Since they aren't all political, power-hungry ,honourless, murderers. I might even make a high tier Jouster, not on Trevrir's level; but only a tier below.

Edit: This is if the Arryn's are invited, I know the Stormlanders likely won't be showing up - for obvious reasons - ahem, Blackwater Bay.

Hypnos said:
If Viserys get his ass out of Highgarden for the wedding it might be nice storywise for him to win the Joust and crown the QoLaB. He may not be the best fighter but stranger things have happened (Jorah winning the joust at Lannisport for one)
Yeah... don't underestimate the power of boners.

Akio said:
One way or another Caydens going back to Westeros within 3 rp days. Ethier to prepare for Daennas arrival or prepare dorne for war for when the Ibbens come.
Alright so if he leaves then it would take around 2 weeks to sail over to Westeros, afterwards at least another 2 weeks to ride up to Casterly Rock (if he's coming from Dorne). So yea, I'll stick by what I said: if he hauls ass right now he'll be able to make it, otherwise probably not.

Lancelot said:
However who knows. Maybe one of the hightowers will cheat like Loras and Rhaegar?
Would that include a Mountain going berserk and cutting horse's heads off or no? I can see Roland being pissed if he's cheated out of a joust like that :P

Hypnos said:
I'm hoping he does make it since you're right, it'll be a great story point for him. Plus the added dynamics would be very interesting in regards to the overall political atmosphere of the wedding.

Archon said:
I would imagine Trevrir is the man candidate for winning the Jousting.
Roland and Martyn - if they compete - will be the two melee finalists more likely. I'll flesh out the Frey family soon, and have a few decent Freys. Since they aren't all political, power-hungry ,honourless, murderers. I might even make a high tier Jouster, not on Trevrir's level; but only a tier below.
Martyn isn't going to compete, I've already decided. Not because I don't want enter a Lannister into a Lannister Tourney, but Martyn knows there's war coming, and doesn't want to risk an early injury which might haunt him on the field later. I'm still on the fence about having Celena compete though...

Archon said:
I would imagine Trevrir is the man candidate for winning the Jousting.
When Walder inevitably snuffs it (Which he will) I might take up a Frey character so you better save me someone really cool.

Caydens an decent Jouster and a very good horsemen and not above cheating as Loras did. In the melee he could do well as long as he was not swarmed by fighters

WanderingJester said:
Alright so if he leaves then it would take around 2 weeks to sail over to Westeros, afterwards at least another 2 weeks to ride up to Casterly Rock (if he's coming from Dorne). So yea, I'll stick by what I said: if he hauls ass right now he'll be able to make it, otherwise probably not.
Would that include a Mountain going berserk and cutting horse's heads off or no? I can see Roland being pissed if he's cheated out of a joust like that :P

I'm hoping he does make it since you're right, it'll be a great story point for him. Plus the added dynamics would be very interesting in regards to the over political atmosphere of the wedding.

Martyn isn't going to compete, I've already decided. Not because I don't want enter a Lannister into a Lannister Tourney, but Martyn knows there's war coming, and doesn't want to risk an early injury which might haunt him on the field later. I'm still on the fence about having Celena compete though...
Hes actually probably gonna go from Pentos to kingslanding first to get a feel what going on and to meet Kuriva and swear drones loyalty ((no matter how temporary)) so he may be in kingslanding when he heards of the wedding.

Hypnos said:
When Walder inevitably snuffs it (Which he will) I might take up a Frey character so you better save me someone really cool.
I'm considering giving Egyll a younger brother who is a fierce, respected, honourable Knight of great-renown. Chivalrous, kind, fair, think a Frey Garlan Tyrell - just less skilled. He'd essentially be the Kevan to Egyll's Tywin, the second in command, and the only man Egyll trusts whole heartedly. I think he'd have a very solid run in the tourney, with a finalist run in the joust perhaps.

If you'd be interested in a character of the sort, it'd be pretty awesome. But if you make a Frey, I'd rather it be entirely how you want it. Since roleplaying is obviously better with a character you design yourself. :D

Akio said:
Caydens an decent Jouster and a very good horsemen and not above cheating as Loras did. In the melee he could do well as long as he was not swarmed by fighters
Cayden doesn't seem like the Jouster type, he'd probably exceptional leading a light cavalry skirmish or something, but as a Dornishmen and a Mercenary, heavy cavalry is very mush out of his comfort zone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back