• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Archon said:
Say what you want about Mace, but that episode is actual proof he is a legitimately good diplomat. Especially when the Banker dude whose name eludes me tried to say they don't take risks, and Mace basically said you always take risks.
[media]

[/media]
Wasn't it confirmed at some point that Mace only acts like an oaf so as to not be seen as a threat (Like Pycelle acts old and frail) and actually takes after his mother quite a bit, I can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure it was in an interview at some point.

WanderingJester said:
Oh, he's done some horrible things ethically of course, but to Tywin it's all about opportunities, and he made the most out of all the ones he had been given. I can understand how terrible the sack of King's Landing was, but then again, I can't really blame him for hopping on the chance to do it. I won't say he's better or worse than Dany or Walder, just that he definitely was a very avid opportunist.
Honestly though, Tywin doesn't scare me. Walder Frey doesn't scare me. Hell Ramsey Snow doesn't scare me. You know who scares me the most out of all canon RP characters?

Euron Crow's Eye mofo Greyjoy. If by some chance all of my characters except for Nagito goes to shit, I'm making a calculative/crazy late entry Greyjoy into this RP.
I think a late-game Greyjoy would mess things up unless he was exiled and didn't want to be king.

WanderingJester said:
Oh, he's done some horrible things ethically of course, but to Tywin it's all about opportunities, and he made the most out of all the ones he had been given. I can understand how terrible the sack of King's Landing was, but then again, I can't really blame him for hopping on the chance to do it. I won't say he's better or worse than Dany or Walder, just that he definitely was a very avid opportunist.
Honestly though, Tywin doesn't scare me. Walder Frey doesn't scare me. Hell Ramsey Snow doesn't scare me. You know who scares me the most out of all canon RP characters?

Euron Crow's Eye mofo Greyjoy. If by some chance all of my characters except for Nagito goes to shit, I'm making a calculative/crazy late entry Greyjoy into this RP.
I'd probably fear Randyll Tarly more than anyone else, he seems like a vastly underrated opportunist. Seems like the kind of guy who would just turn on the Tyrells in the blink of an eye, if I was Lord of the Reach, I'd be utterly terrified of that man more than any Hightower.

If I wasn't Lord of the Reach... Dany, obviously. Dragons+Targaryen Madness=Brown Pants.

Hypnos said:
Wasn't it confirmed at some point that Mace only acts like an oaf so as to not be seen as a threat (Like Pycelle acts old and frail) and actually takes after his mother quite a bit, I can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure it was in an interview at some point.
Wouldn't surprise me, he seemed very intelligent in that conversation - and acting like a powerless oaf is probably the best way to survive in Westeros.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hypnos said:
Mace is very shrewd. He makes himself seem agreeable and easy to manipulate but leaves those who try to negotiate with him flabbergasted to negotiate around him. Most politicians dont know how to deal with him

Akio said:
Mace is very shrewd. He makes himself seem agreeable and easy to manipulate but leaves those who try to negotiate with him flabbergasted to negotiate around him. Most politicians dont know how to deal with him
I don't know if I am imagining things but I believe I read that the reason that Mace didn't assault Storms End was because he was waiting to see how the war went?

Lancelot said:
I think a late-game Greyjoy would mess things up unless he was exiled and didn't want to be king.
I would say he's the younger brother that almost cause the Iron Islands to go into civil war with half backing Conn and half backing him. Instead he decided to let Conn rule and set off with his ship to raid around the world Euron style, and finally came home after his journey's finish (also since he knew Conn was out of power).

Archon said:
I'd probably fear Randyll Tarly more than anyone else, he seems like a vastly underrated opportunist. Seems like the kind of guy who would just turn in the Tyrells in the blink of an eye, if I was Lord of the Reach, I'd be utterly of that man more than any Hightower.
If I wasn't Lord of the Reach... Dany, obviously. Dragons+Targaryen Madness=Brown Pants.

Wouldn't surprise me, he seemed very intelligent in that conversation - and acting like a powerless oaf is probably the best way to survive in Westeros.
Perhaps the only thing I can go with Dany was the Dragons, but I can agree with Randyll. He's play the game really well in that no one's really aware of him. One day Mace is going to wake up with Heartsbane in his chest and House Tyrell in ruins if he's not careful. Speaking of House Tyrell in general, randomly saying this: I'm very personally attracted Margaery Tyrell from the show, weirdly. Like she's not the hottest girl I've ever seen, but something about her just makes her very... beautiful.

I'll stand by my statement about Euron. The mofo's sane and smart enough to mind fuck nearly anyone alive but crazy enough to be completely unpredictable to anyone moving against him. All in a package that can hold his own in a fight and an excellent sailor and leader. Man's like a handsome ticking time bomb.

T

Lancelot said:
I don't know if I am imagining things but I believe I read that the reason that Mace didn't assault Storms End was because he was waiting to see how the war went?
Yep, one of the smartest moves to date. He was in a win-win situation.

If the Loyalists won, then he got off nicely for successfully holding Storm's End down, if the rebels won, he got off nicely because he didn't contribute much to the war effort, and his huge-ass army barely went near Robert - bar Randyll's vanguard.

Lancelot said:
Exactly what he did

WanderingJester said:
I would say he's the younger brother that almost cause the Iron Islands to go into civil war with half backing Conn and half backing him. Instead he decided to let Conn rule and set off with his ship to raid around the world Euron style, and finally came home after his journey's finish (also since he knew Conn was out of power).
Perhaps the only thing I can go with Dany was the Dragons, but I can agree with Randyll. He's play the game really well in that no one's really aware of him. One day Mace is going to wake up with Heartsbane in his chest and House Tyrell in ruins if he's not careful. Speaking of House Tyrell in general, randomly saying this: I'm very personally attracted Margaery Tyrell from the show, weirdly. Like she's not the hottest girl I've ever seen, but something about her just makes her very... beautiful.

I'll stand by my statement about Euron. The mofo's sane and smart enough to mind fuck nearly anyone alive but crazy enough to be completely unpredictable to anyone moving against him. All in a package that can hold his own in a fight and an excellent sailor and leader. Man's like a handsome ticking time bomb.
Margaery is probably my favorite girl in the books to be perfectly honest with you. Cunning, really attractive with her attitude, and fun. Sandra is growing to be an interesting character in the books but she's still getting kind of manipulated and Danny keeps jumping around between weakness and strength which bothers me. Aryas a pretty good character though.

WanderingJester said:

Your description of Euron is my description of Randyll, except general over sailor, and opportunist over time bomb.

I have my own suspicion that next book, Randyll will turn on the Tyrell forces... I don't know how, I don't know why, but in-spite of everything he's done for the Tyrells he'd probably the most disloyal bannermen they have. It's clear Randyll is in it for Randyll, screw the rest.

I don't get a vibe of intimidation from Euron though, it's been a few years since I read the books and I can't remember his chapters at all, only that he won the kingsmoot and sailed off to steal a dragon or something... I should do some individual research on him, I'd love to read the books again but... I just won't. xD

I'm probably most attracted to Sansa, and not even because she's amazing looking. More to due with the fact that she just needs a damn hug, so much misery and tragedy, ugh. Poor her, where's Sandor already?!?!

Archon said:
Your description of Euron is my description of Randyll, except general over sailor, and opportunist over time bomb.
I have my own suspicion that next book, Randyll will turn on the Tyrell forces... I don't know how, I don't know why, but in-spite of everything he's done for the Tyrells he'd probably the most disloyal bannermen they have. It's clear Randyll is in it for Randyll, screw the rest.

I don't get a vibe of intimidation from Euron though, it's been a few years since I read the books and I can't remember his chapters at all, only that he won the kingsmoot and sailed off to steal a dragon or something... I should do some individual research on him, I'd love to read the books again but... I just won't. xD

I'm probably most attracted to Sansa, and not even because she's amazing looking. More to due with the fact that she just needs a damn hug, so much misery and tragedy, ugh. Poor her, where's Sandor already?!?!
That fair, I think Randyll's predictable in that people (like you and I) can trust him to be dishonest, whereas Euron's just the personification of chaos. You expect Euron to do A or B and he does Q and somehow he'll win better than if he chose A or B. I can certain see the similarities in the self serving aspect of both individuals however. The thing with Euron as well is that he's got all these crazy magic shit coming from his travels as well like the dragon horn, and what not, though I think Randyll's a slightly better politician than Euron. That's what I think when I read about Euron in the books and wikia as well.

Akio said:
Exactly what he did
Margaery is probably my favorite girl in the books to be perfectly honest with you. Cunning, really attractive with her attitude, and fun. Sandra is growing to be an interesting character in the books but she's still getting kind of manipulated and Danny keeps jumping around between weakness and strength which bothers me. Aryas a pretty good character though.
I think it's a combo of her looks and personality that makes her so attractive. I mean if I was a character in ASoIaF I'll be wrapped around her fingers pretty much, even with her bad history of marriages. Danny's too naive for me and Sansa's nice too, but too self pitying and helpless most of the time. Meh about Arya, she bores me *shrug* :|

WanderingJester said:
That fair, I think Randyll's predictable in that people (like you and I) can trust him to be dishonest, whereas Euron's just the personification of chaos. You expect Euron to do A or B and he does Q and somehow he'll win better than if he chose A or B. I can certain see the similarities in the self serving aspect of both individuals however. The thing with Euron as well is that he's got all these crazy magic shit coming from his travels as well like the dragon horn, and what not, though I think Randyll's a slightly better politician than Euron. That's what I think when I read about Euron in the books and wikia as well.
I think it's a combo of her looks and personality that makes her so attractive. I mean if I was a character in ASoIaF I'll be wrapped around her fingers pretty much, even with her bad history of marriages. Danny's too naive for me and Sansa's nice too, but too self pitying and helpless most of the time. Meh about Arya, she bores me *shrug* :|
Her history with marriages isn't her fault. One was murdered by shadow baby abd one was murdered by poison xD if there was a girl like Margaery in the rp Cayden would be very very attracted to her. Daenna currently is more like Danny for obvious reasons right now

Akio said:
Her history with marriages isn't her fault. One was murdered by shadow baby abd one was murdered by poison xD if there was a girl like Margaery in the rp Cayden would be very very attracted to her. Daenna currently is more like Danny for obvious reasons right now
To be fair her second husband was poisoned by her grandmother who she told all of Joffrey's cruelties to so it was kind of her fault.

I don't know why Mace just doesn't marry Margaery off to the Night's King.

Within a fortnight he'd be hailed as a hero for single-handedly destroying the White Walkers without losing a single soldier.

Fuck Dany, she'd probably sleep with you one night, get upset when you forget to close the door, and burn you alive for your transgressions. Arya would probably carve me into pieces, no way am I going near a little infant Faceless Woman, imagine if you broke up? You'd be dead in an hour.

Margaery is cursed. Nuff said.

Sansa is the only non-lethal option which also gives me the North. Hell yeah!

Hypnos said:
To be fair her second husband was poisoned by her grandmother who she told all of Joffrey's cruelties to so it was kind of her fault.
Please she did the world a damn Favor xD

Archon said:
Within a fortnight he'd be hailed as a hero for single-handedly destroying the White Walkers without losing a single soldier.

Fuck Dany, she'd probably sleep with you one night, get upset when you forget to close the door, and burn you alive for your transgressions. Arya would probably carve me int pieces, no way am I going near a little infant Faceless Woman, imagine if you broke up? You'd be dead in an hour.

Your reasoning XDXDXD

Akio said:
I would say it's not a big loss with Renly. He's probably getting it on with Loras more than he was sharing meals with her anyways, let alone sharing a bed together. Also, what @Hypnos said about the second one. Also I kind of like Daenna more than Dany right now, for whatever reason. At least she hasn't bitched as much and doesn't have three dragons at her beck and call. (Maybe one dragon soon but who knows *shrug*)

Hypnos said:
Truth.

Archon said:

Fuck Dany, she'd probably sleep with you one night, get upset when you forget to close the door, and burn you alive for your transgressions. Arya would probably carve me into pieces, no way am I going near a little infant Faceless Woman, imagine if you broke up? You'd be dead in an hour.

Call me suicidal, but I'll take that curse on if it means getting Margaery. I'll even go and make shadow babies with the Red Witch to stab the curse to death with :P

Akio said:
Please she did the world a damn Favor xD
Also truth.

WanderingJester said:
I would say it's not a big loss with Renly. He's probably getting it on with Loras more than he was sharing meals with her anyways, let alone sharing a bed together. Also, what @Hypnos said about the second one. Also I kind of like Daenna more than Dany right now, for whatever reason. At least she hasn't bitched as much and doesn't have three dragons at her beck and call. (Maybe one dragon soon but who knows *shrug*)
Truth.

Call me suicidal, but I'll take that curse on if it means getting Margaery. I'll even go and make shadow babies with the Red Witch to stab the curse to death with :P

Also truth.
lol well Daennas more of a mixture between Danny and Sansa for me. Shes not as bitchy and is more willing to ask for help but right now is pretty inexperienced in a lot of things. She'll probably be for more fearsome as time goes on.

Akio said:
lol well Daennas more of a mixture between Danny and Sansa for me. Shes not as bitchy and is more willing to ask for help but right now is pretty inexperienced in a lot of things. She'll probably be for more fearsome as time goes on.
Also, I just realized something you said earlier. No offence mate, but the Wall would probably come down first before Cayden gets a shot with Margaery. Martell and Tyrell mutual hatred remember? xD

WanderingJester said:
Also, I just realized something you said earlier. No offence mate, but the Wall would probably come down first before Cayden gets a shot with Margaery. Martell and Tyrell mutual hatred remember? xD
Im well aware xD Thats why i said like Margaery though if she's from highgarden like in the books there wpuld be a problem

Just realized something @HuorSpinks Does House Florent still control Brightwater Keep in Reach or does the Cadet Branch of House Tyrell does? Just wondering since they sort of come into it after the Battle of Blackwater in the books.

WanderingJester said:
Just realized something @HuorSpinks Does House Florent still control Brightwater Keep in Reach or does the Cadet Branch of House Tyrell does? Just wondering since they sort of come into it after the Battle of Blackwater in the books.
Florent, Tyrell only gets it after the Florents rebel with Stannis, since they haven't done that Florent is still around.

Should I post as New Ghis? I'm waiting on the Lannister wedding for my Frey, Centurion for Rory, and some time to pass for Dolar.

Hypnos said:
Florent, Tyrell only gets it after the Florents rebel with Stannis, since they haven't done that Florent is still around.
So the Cadet Branch of House Tyrell doesn't exist, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back