• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Archon said:
Should I post as New Ghis? I'm waiting on the Lannister wedding for my Frey, Centurion for Rory, and some time to pass for Dolar.
I just finished reading your CS, I really hope you're not going after Qarth, the greatest city that ever was or will be. You will die, the Qartheen do not mess around.

Hypnos said:
I just finished reading your CS, I really hope you're not going after Qarth, the greatest city that ever was or will be. You will die, the Qartheen do not mess around.
Would Qarth feel threatened by New Ghis though? They're close but there's still the Red Waste between them (sort of).

WanderingJester said:
Would Qarth feel threatened by New Ghis though? They're close but there's still the Red Waste between them (sort of).
Im more worried about the sorrowful sons then the Quarthen military. They would without a doubt be sent after him if they felt threatened

Hypnos said:
Not anytime soon.

Definitely after (if) the whole Empire comes into fruition.

Until New Ghis takes the whole of SLaver's Bay though, Qarth has nothing to fear. Until then. The Sorrowful Sons are basically good assassins, I wouldn't put them anywhere near the legendary Faceless Men.

No but if they come after you there's gonna be a lot more of them then the one faceless man That wpuld be sent

Akio said:
Im more worried about the sorrowful sons then the Quarthen military. They would without a doubt be sent after him if they felt threatened
Meh, the Sorrowful men are the poor man's Faceless Men. You can stop them with good enough security. Just ask Selmy (or Nagito) xD

WanderingJester said:
Meh, the Sorrowful men are the poor man's Faceless Men. You can stop them with good enough security. Just ask Selmy (or Nagito) xD
Selmy is not exactly a normal body guard, even when hes old

Considering Qarth is Constantinople, you can consider a fully formed New Ghis Empire as the Ottomans.

Akio said:
No but if they come after you there's gonna be a lot more of them then the one faceless man That wpuld be sent
Yeah, and a lot less efficient than the Faceless Men. They would be trying to assassinate someone with some of the most secure guards in the known world besides the less numerous Kingsguard. Unsullied.

My guy is basically an Emperor in the making, and those guys have a crap ton of personal guards; not like the idiot Dany, Daario basically waltzed into her camp because he was wearing a disguise.

Archon said:
Considering Qarth is Constantinople, you can consider a fully formed New Ghis Empire as the Ottomans.
Yeah, and a lot less efficient than the Faceless Men. They would be trying to assassinate someone with some of the most secure guards in the known world besides the less numerous Kingsguard. Unsullied.

My guy is basically an Emperor in the making, and those guys have a crap ton of personal guards; not like the idiot Dany, Daario basically waltzed into her camp because he was wearing a disguise.
Unsullied are actually not the greatest guards. To be a good guard your not fighting in formation, their soldiers not warriors. And it takes a powerful warrior to be an excellent guard, not a great soldier.

Though Danny did lack guards, way to unserious about her saftey. Not like Daenna. She has some serious guards, few but damn good.

Akio said:
Selmy is not exactly a normal body guard, even when hes old
Still they're not as good of an assassination organization as many take them to be. Most of their targets aren't the extremely protected ones usually, and I'm not sure Sorrowful Men can get the job done that easily against a rival ruler.

Archon said:

I wonder how many times Daario would've died if he was in this RP, especially if he somehow winded up in Westeros xD .

Akio said:
Unsullied are actually not the greatest guards. To be a good guard your not fighting in formation, their soldiers not warriors. And it takes a powerful warrior to be an excellent guard, not a great soldier.
Though Danny did lack guards, way to unserious about her saftey. Not like Daenna. She has some serious guards, few but damn good.
The Unsullied excel in disipline, and that is a very core feature of what makes a great guard. The Unsullied will always be aware of their surroundings, and on the lookout for assailants. They don't need great combat ability to be guards, they just need good awareness, good discipline, loyalty, and okay combat ability. Check, check, check and check.

WanderingJester said:
Still they're not as good of an assassination organization as many take them to be. Most of their targets aren't the extremely protected ones usually, and I'm not sure Sorrowful Men can get the job done that easily against a rival ruler.
I wonder how many times Daario would've died if he was in this RP, especially if he somehow winded up in Westeros xD .
I'd say his first death would have been a day before the RP. Can you imagine him trying to walk into the Red Keep dressed as a Gold Cloak, only to be cut down the moment he's questioned on his identity.

Archon said:
The Unsullied excel in disipline, and that is a very core feature of what makes a great guard. The Unsullied will always be aware of their surroundings, and on the lookout for assailants. They don't need great combat ability to be guards, they just need good awareness, good discipline, loyalty, and okay combat ability. Check, check, check and check.
I'd say his first death would have been a day before the RP. Can you imagine him trying to walk into the Red Keep dressed as a Gold Cloak, only to be cut down the moment he's questioned on his identity.
I can also see him just pissing the wrong people off only this time there's not love sick girl with three dragons to protect him. Example being him constantly hitting on Celena, finally Martyn just takes out his sword and cuts him in half. Or hitting on Astris or something and pissing a Marcher Lord or just insulting Tiberius or Roland or something. Guy's pretty much alive only because Dany's head over heels for him for a while xD I mean he's smart and stuff but nowhere to the point where he doesn't pull stupid things off lol.

He was and is a oretty decent fighter though ya he would likely end up possible off someone he could afford. If he pissed off someone like Tiber he would probably have no qualms ordering his death. Not many care for one mercenary

I

WanderingJester said:
I can also see him just pissing the wrong people off only this time there's not love sick girl with three dragons to protect him. Example being him constantly hitting on Celena, finally Martyn just takes out his sword and cuts him in half. Or hitting on Astris or something and pissing a Marcher Lord or just insulting Tiberius or Roland or something. Guy's pretty much alive only because Dany's head over heels for him for a while xD I mean he's smart and stuff but nowhere to the point where he doesn't pull stupid things off lol.
He'd die at leastthree times in every city of Westeros. He survived as long as he did since he's a mercenary in Essos, bring that pretty-boy over to Westeros though, and half the Knights of the realm will want his head. I can also imagine him getting into a tangle with a Knight, acting all cocky like he's going to win, then just get Jorah'd the moment his weapon gets lodged in the Westerosi plate. He's got skill, but his attitude would get him murdered 9 times out of 10.

On the off-chance he wins, he gets murdered by whoever was accompanying the Knight.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I said don't mess with Qarth I meant more because of their fleet than anything else, the Thirteen, Spicers guild and the Brotherhood all have fleets around five times the size of the Redwynes and they don't even rule the city, I could see new Ghis being crushed in any naval attack.

Hypnos said:
When I said don't mess with Qarth I meant more because of their fleet than anything else, the Thirteen, Spicers guild and the Brotherhood all have fleets around five times the size of the Redwynes and they don't even rule the city, I could see new Ghis being crushed in any naval attack.
Naval attack? There'd certainly be no Naval attack, the biggest problem would be the Red Waste; and I'd honestly have to think up a plausible way in which to skip that barrier, after that though - like Constantinople - New Ghis would just pulverize the great walls with all manner of siege equipment whilst adding a dash of animal carcass to the attack.

I'm pretty sure New Ghis would lose like 40,000 or more troops taking the city, Sultan Mehmed II succeeded - but not without massive losses.

Taking Qarth wouldn't be for any other reason than saying "Hey, world. We just took the greatest fucking city in the world. Don't mess with New Ghis."

This attack would only happen when New Ghis is actually a fully-fledged Empire though, and not a singular little island city. Like all Empires, manpower is always in absurd supply. Losing such an amount to Qarth would help with reducing the military, because I don't want to be the colossal beast that dwarfs everyone else.

Hypnos said:
Dont think they're exactly warships but that is a good point

I'm skeptical if such a thing is even possible, I know the Warlocks basically murdered the Valyrian dragons with magic, and Valyria never came close to conquering Qarth.

But the Warlocks have pretty much lost most - if not all their strange magical might - or so I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Archon said:
Naval attack? There'd certainly be no Naval attack, the biggest problem would be the Red Waste; and I'd honestly have to think up a plausible way in which to skip that barrier, after that though - like Constantinople - New Ghis would just pulverize the great walls with all manner of siege equipment whilst adding a dash of animal carcass to the attack.
I'm pretty sure New Ghis would lose like 40,000 or more troops taking the city, Sultan Mehmed II succeeded - but not without massive losses.

Taking Qarth wouldn't be for any other reason than saying "Hey, world. We just took the greatest fucking city in the world. Don't mess with New Ghis."

This attack would only happen when New Ghis is actually a fully-fledged Empire though, and not a singular little island city. Like all Empires, manpower is always in absurd supply. Losing such an amount to Qarth would help with reducing the military, because I don't want to be the colossal beast that dwarfs everyone else.
The problem is Qarth isn't going to sit back watching you take a load of cities and chill, they're going to do what city states tend to do in Civ V and go "Hold up a second, I'm noticing a patern here, this guy is conquering a load of nearby cities, I think we might want to put a stop to that" and probably join up with other eastern cities to attack. New Ghis is an island, a Navy as large as Qarths would be very important in winning wars.

Akio said:
Dont think they're exactly warships but that is a good point
Every ship is a warship, just use them in a war. Ibben technically doesn't have any warships but they're using their whaling fleet to transport men, if Qarth is threatened I doubt they'd just allow a load of ships to remain unused because "they're not warships"

Hypnos said:
The problem is Qarth isn't going to sit back watching you take a load of cities and chill, they're going to do what city states tend to do in Civ V and go "Hold up a second, I'm noticing a patern here, this guy is conquering a load of nearby cities, I think we might want to put a stop to that" and probably join up with other eastern cities to attack. New Ghis is an island, a Navy as large as Qarths would be very important in winning wars.
Every ship is a warship, just use them in a war. Ibben technically doesn't have any warships but they're using their whaling fleet to transport men, if Qarth is threatened I doubt they'd just allow a load of ships to remain unused because "they're not warships"
True. Im just saying in battle on the sea they would have a hard time matching up to ships made for combat the same way

Hypnos said:
I don't know about that, Qarth seem like they don't give two craps about the rest of the world, and why should they? For all intents and purposes they are completely untouchable. And slaver's Bay really isn't that close to Qarth, in-fact there's a good bit of distance between them.

Even if Qarth did jump up and join some sortof Anti-Ghiscari coalition; they'd be pretty much limited to allying Meereen, if Meereen is already taken they have nothing and nobody to ally, because the Free Cities would only care if New Ghis attempted to set foot in their territory, which I've stated they most certainly will not.

Also, despite the thousands of ships at Qarth's disposal, we don't realistically know how large a fleet New Ghis could host with the combined economy of Meereen, Astapor, New Ghis, and Yunkai. Meereen and New Ghis alone seem to be incredibly wealthy. And already New Ghis has a powerful fleet, not near Qarth or Braavos, but nothing to sneeze at.

It's safe to assume that any ships New Ghis pumps out will be superior to that of Qarth since their will be a 50/50 ratio of Warships/Trading ships, as opposed to Qarth's total trading navy.

Still not arguing the fact that Qarth most likely crushes even the Imperial New Ghis navy though. Because they very likely would.

Lancelot said:
can we rename this tab to hypothetical battles?
Why am I always involved in them?

I don't want to be trapped in this battle-thread!

Someone, save me!

Poor New Ghis, always pitched against great naval powers. I'm just going to hatch a huge harpy and stomp Braavos and Qarth to the ground, what can their pesky ships do then?!

Archon said:
Why am I always involved in them?
I don't want to be trapped in this battle-thread!

Someone, save me!

Poor New Ghis, always pitched against great naval powers. I'm just going to hatch a huge harpy and stomp Braavos and Qarth to the ground, what can their pesky ships do then?!
I wasn't saying that they were bad...

Please go on.

@WanderingJester

About the tournament, you have to make Martyn join so him and Roland can finally get their inevitable melee out of the way. Either that or let Roland beat up on his sister ignorantly as he thinks its just another man lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back