• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

WanderingJester said:
How about Idris Elba? Here he is in Thor
heimdall-does-idris-elba-really-want-to-leave-the-marvel-universe-jpeg-188760.jpg

And I mean not quite medieval armor, but still pretty cool armor in Pacific Rim.

latest

It's really vague, so honestly a really sly guy like Lord Frey or Tiber (hell even Gelgin) might be able convince him it has nothing to do with Daenna. Too bad none of them speak Yi Tish *shrug*
Cayden will probably try to find a translator if he stays with Daenna

WanderingJester said:
How about Idris Elba? Here he is in Thor
heimdall-does-idris-elba-really-want-to-leave-the-marvel-universe-jpeg-188760.jpg

And I mean not quite medieval armor, but still pretty cool armor in Pacific Rim.

latest

It's really vague, so honestly a really sly guy like Lord Frey or Tiber (hell or even Gelgin) might be able convince him it has nothing to do with Daenna. Too bad none of them speak Yi Tish *shrug*
I love you, Heimdall would work great. Especially since the Ghiscari have crazy fashion-sense, and have their hair knotted into horns and stuff, a good ol; horned helmet would compensate nicely.

And let's face it, what de-facto King doesn't want a set of unique bad ass armor?

Of course, it's probably pretty risky to go fighting alongside the Unsullied dressed in a golden-plate set of armor with a huge horned helmet. Might give something away, y'know?

Last edited by a moderator:
WanderingJester said:
Haha, better hurry. Haelga's already got one xD
Hes doing it not out of desire to manipulate him but hes interested in him. A beggar from Yi Ti who has such skill would peak his interest simply because he would find him interesting as a persob

Archon said:
I love you, Heimdall would work great. Especially since the Ghiscari have crazy fashion-sense, and have their hair knotted into horns and stuff, a good ol; horned helmet would compensate nicely.
And let's face it, what de-facto King doesn't want a set of unique bad ass armor?

Of course, it's probably pretty risky to go fighting alongside the Unsullied dressed in a golden-plate set of armor with a huge horned helmet. Might give something away, y'know?
You can always say that's his ceremonial armor and his combat armor is a bit more practical and less flashy. Though I mean in the Lannister Army, it's pretty easy to identify who and where the leaders are, seeing as how their armor is red and gold laced along with being made into figures of lions on them, along with similarly dressed people as their Lionguards xD .

Akio said:
Hes doing it not out of desire to manipulate him but hes interested in him. A beggar from Yi Ti who has such skill would peak his interest simply because he would find him interesting as a persob
Oh I know, I was just kidding lol

WanderingJester said:
You can always say that's his ceremonial armor and his combat armor is a bit more practical and less flashy. Though I mean in the Lannister Army, it's pretty easy to identify who and where the leaders are, seeing as how their armor is red and gold laced along with being made into figures of lions on them, along with similarly dressed people as their Lionguards xD .
He also when he can speak to him might try to learn some tips for him in the fighting department. And get his ass kicked multiple times xD

Akio said:
He also when he can speak to him might try to learn some tips for him in the fighting department. And get his ass kicked multiple times xD
Well, I mean, if he wants the latter, Cayden can always just attack Nagito with his fists or something xD . Don't blame me though if his bones gets snapped into several different pieces during the process lol

WanderingJester said:
Well, I mean, if he wants the latter, Cayden can always just attack Nagito with his fists or something xD . Don't blame me though if his bones gets snapped into several different pieces during the process lol
He rather not die, and he hopes to actually learn something not just get his ass kicked xD

WanderingJester said:
Yeah, I think I'll have him ride the wild life and just camp with the golden army of badassery.

But, when Astapor is taken, a whole personal phalanx of Unsullied will act as a personal guard in similar armor. At a closer look, beside the helmet, it looks relatively light; offering slightly more arm protection. Not too unrealistic!

And I believe a whole phalanx of Golden-Armored, horned helmet Unsullied ripping through normal infantry would be pretty scary. People would be like, "We have to deal with Unsullied and now these, super Unsullied?! NOPE NOPE NOPE!"

Obviously not real gold, but golden colored. Besides that, it probably offers a decent bit more protection than a standard Unsullied garb, but being light armor; considerably less than Westerosi plate.

Akio said:
He rather not die, and he hopes to actually learn something not just get his ass kicked xD
Nagito probably wouldn't kill him if Cayden went at him with his fists, but he might not be walking around for a week (month) or so. lol Fair enough about learning things, though I mean even if they can't talk Cayden can probably learn a bit just by watching how Nagito moves when he fights someone.

Also, someone mentioned this before, but it's a really good point. Daenna, as of right now, will never have to worry about being guilty of anything, not when she can always just request trial by combat and use her Yi Tish as her champion xD .

Archon said:
Yeah, I think I'll have him ride the wild life and just camp with the golden army of badassery.
But, when Astapor is taken, a whole personal phalanx of Unsullied will act as a personal guard in similar armor. At a closer look, beside the helmet, it looks relatively light; offering slightly more arm protection. Not too unrealistic!

And I believe a whole phalanx of Golden-Armored, horned helmet Unsullied ripping through normal infantry would be pretty scary. People would be like, "We have to deal with Unsullied and now these, super Unsullied?! NOPE NOPE NOPE!"

Obviously not real gold, but golden colored. Besides that, it probably offers a decent bit more protection than a standard Unsullied garb, but being light armor; considerably less than Westerosi plate.
Oh that sounds fun. I wish you the best in dominating Slaver's Bay.

So long as you don't ally with the ibbs...

Wait, but the characters from the Ghiscari cities in the show have darker and olive hues to their skin. It shouldn't be too hard to find those, right?

The Ibbenese look like a strong ally to have.

Still, it isn't like New Ghis would help them attack Westeros. Like, at all. Even if they asked.

TheAncientCenturion said:
Wait, but the characters from the Ghiscari cities in the show have darker and olive hues to their skin. It shouldn't be too hard to find those, right?
If you'd rather me use that I have no qualms, in-fact the actor who played Mehmet II in that Dracula-esque movie-thingy fits the bill quite well.

WanderingJester said:
Nagito probably wouldn't kill him if Cayden went at him with his fists, but he might not be walking around for a week (month) or so. lol Fair enough about learning things, though I mean even if they can't talk Cayden can probably learn a bit just by watching how Nagito moves when he fights someone.
Also, someone mentioned this before, but it's a really good point. Daenna, as of right now, will never have to worry about being guilty of anything, not when she can always just request trial by combat and use her Yi Tish as her champion xD .

Oh that sounds fun. I wish you the best in dominating Slaver's Bay.

So long as you don't ally with the ibbs...
Probably, though id like to still be able to walk and not ruin any ability for them to be friendly with each other. Though he would probably try to learn tips from him and watch him especially considering he fights without armor like him. He may even grow interested in learning to use a Katana.

Trial by combat is the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life. *is suspected of treason* I chose trial by combat and send some on the equivalent of Aemon the dragonknight. Now im just gonna watch the show

I have to say in regards to the earlier discussion about a Yi Tish army versus a Westerosi one:

It goes back to the whole, who would win? Knight vs Samurai? Yes I understand that the Knight with a shield would have better defense that can withstand the attacks of the samurai, but I think a lot of people discount the mentality difference between the typical soldier in a Westerosi army and a Yi Tish army. The grunt of a Westerosi army is usually a low born who's profession isn't war, and is looking forward to going home to his wife/mistress and regular day job. The grunt of the Yi Tish army, while perhaps lacking as good equipment, is only concerned about not dishonoring himself in front of his comrades. That means the Yi Tish are more likely to disregard their own safety in battle, something that's probably extremely mind boggling to the average fighter from the West (the same mentality that led to kamikaze attacks in WWII). Just in that alone could very well turn what should be a logical victory on paper to a much closer deal or even upset in reality.

That random rant brought to you by me watching a documentary on Samurai culture right now.

Archon said:
The Ibbenese look like a strong ally to have.
Still, it isn't like New Ghis would help them attack Westeros. Like, at all. Even if they asked.

If you'd rather me use that I have no qualms, in-fact the actor who played Mehmet II in that Dracula-esque movie-thingy fits the bill quite well.
There's a good chance that Braavos would go to war (and call others to go to war) against Ibben if they go ahead with the whole land an army in Westeros thing. Just not sure if you're willing to get dragged into that mess as Ibben's ally if that happens...

Akio said:
Probably, though id like to still be able to walk and not ruin any ability for them to be friendly with each other. Though he would probably try to learn tips from him and watch him especially considering he fights without armor like him. He may even grow interested in learning to use a Katana.
Trial by combat is the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life. *is suspected of treason* I chose trial by combat and send some on the equivalent of Aemon the dragonknight. Now im just gonna watch the show
That's fair. Perhaps that would happen, but it's not every day you meet someone who speaks Yi Tish as well as a language a Westerosi would understand xD , so we'll see. We'll have to consider what happens like if Cayden goes back to Dorne without Daenna or something.

Pretty much any crime really. "I accuse Daenna of adultery, thief and murder." "I chose trial by combat." *sends Nagito in, moments later cleared of all charges.* At that point the only way to get a conviction of any kind would be to escalate to a Trial by Seven and hope Daenna doesn't have six other good fighters on her side/can't send Nagito to fight all seven of the accuser's champions. xD

WanderingJester said:
I have to say in regards to the earlier discussion about a Yi Tish army versus a Westerosi one:
It goes back to the whole, who would win? Knight vs Samurai? Yes I understand that the Knight with a shield would have better defense that can withstand the attacks of the samurai, but I think a lot of people discount the mentality difference between the typical soldier in a Westerosi army and a Yi Tish army. The grunt of a Westerosi army is usually a low born who's profession isn't war, and is looking forward to going home to his wife/mistress and regular day job. The grunt of the Yi Tish army, while perhaps lacking as good equipment, is only concerned about not dishonoring himself in front of his comrades. That means the Yi Tish are more likely to disregard their own safety in battle, something that's probably extremely mind boggling to the average fighter from the West (the same mentality that led to kamikaze attacks in WWII). Just in that alone could very well turn what should be a logical victory on paper to a much closer deal or even upset in reality.

That random rant brought to you by me watching a documentary on Samurai culture right now.

There's a good chance that Braavos would go to war (and call others to go to war) against Ibben if they go ahead with the whole land an army in Westeros thing. Just not sure if you're willing to get dragged into that mess as Ibben's ally if that happens...

That's fair. Perhaps that would happen, but it's not every day you meet someone who speaks Yi Tish as well as a language a Westerosi would understand xD , so we'll see. We'll have to consider what happens like if Cayden goes back to Dorne without Daenna or something.

Pretty much any crime really. "I accuse Daenna of adultery, thief and murder." "I chose trial by combat." *sends Nagito in, moments later cleared of all charges.* At that point the only way to get a conviction of any kind would be to escalate to a Trial by Seven and hope Daenna doesn't have six other good fighters on her side/can't send Nagito to fight all seven of the accuser's champions. xD
Dammit Braavos again? Didn't we have this hypothetical discussion, only for it to potentially happen? xD

Besides, why would Braavos declare on Ibben? And who exactly can they call to arms? They have no vassals or allies, debts don't exactly work that way, they could I suppose though, if Braavos wanted to take Ibben out so badly.

WanderingJester said:

He will probably be awhile before he finds a translator. Maybe at some point when their sailing for Ib he has them stop in Brovos to speak with the Iron bank and happens to find one. Id want a reason to have a water dancer anyway xD if he leaves he may try to find a translator to convince Nagito to follow him for a time, using the bait of other dragon daughters considering every hours has married into the Targayan line at least once most likely.

Even then right now she has 3 damn good fighters. Nagito, Cayden, and William are considered experts. Desgan can be considered one as well if he'll fight for her. The other 3 are iffy though

A knight and European army would almost always vanquish a feudal Japanese army, for the matters of better equipment. A samurai's katana has been over stated time and time again in the media, it cannot get by plate, and is one of the few swords not suited for half-swording and other HEMA techniques. They have good bows, but then we have the English longbow, one of the better bows to come from the West. The statement of honor holds true for both, with religious fanaticism sporting a point for the European armies. We all know how the Crusades devolved from a cry of help from Byzantium to a use of religious warfare for political gains.

Peasants of both factions have near identical concerns, maybe honor holds more weight in the eastern culture, maybe, but fear rules the battlefield. Not everyone is going to be brave, most people won't. And once you see your leaders, the samurai, being taken down by heavy cavalry and infantry, you're not likely to stick around.

Not to mention Yi Ti is essentially China, with maybe Leng being Japan.

Archon said:
Dammit Braavos again? Didn't we have this hypothetical discussion, only for it to potentially happen? xD
Besides, why would Braavos declare on Ibben? And who exactly can they call to arms? They have no vassals or allies, debts don't exactly work that way, they could I suppose though, if Braavos wanted to take Ibben out so badly.
Nah, not really the same discussion, as Braavos would probably only have beef with Ibben if they decide to mobilize and head an invasion force against Westeros. They have a lot of investments/assets there that, while they tolerate the occasional civil war, would not risk having a foreign power disturb potential payout from what's technically the Iron Bank's.

They would have a massive and very powerful navy, and Ibben is much closer to Braavos than New Ghis. They'll also probably contact Norvos as well as Tyroshi or even Qohor, offering money to fund their expeditionary force against Ibben. The Iron Bank's been known to take out countries hitmen style by hiring another country by cancelling or calling in their debts, it's been done in the past and can happen again in the future. There's a good amount of interest in regards to their affairs on Westeros to warrant such actions.

Akio said:
He will probably be awhile before he finds a translator. Maybe at some point when their sailing for Ib he has them stop in Brovos to speak with the Iron bank and happens to find one. Id want a reason to have a water dancer anyway xD if he leaves he may try to find a translator to convince Nagito to follow him for a time, using the bait of other dragon daughters considering every hours has married into the Targayan line at least once most likely.
Even then right now she has 3 damn good fighters. Nagito, Cayden, and William are considered experts. Desgan can be considered one as well if he'll fight for her. The other 3 are iffy though
Hmm... could work, will just depend on where/when said translator would appear and such and such. Also, wouldn't exactly call Nagito an "expert" fighter so to speak, with respect of Cayden and William, who are both undoubtedly professional soldiers by trade at least. She does have many great fighters on her side though. Sort of like a female blond Liu Bei almost.

TheAncientCenturion said:
A knight and European army would almost always vanquish a feudal Japanese army, for the matters of better equipment. A samurai's katana has been over stated time and time again in the media, it cannot get by plate, and is one of the few swords not suited for half-swording and other HEMA techniques. They have good bows, but then we have the English longbow, one of the better bows to come from the West. The statement of honor holds true for both, with religious fanaticism sporting a point for the European armies. We all know how the Crusades devolved from a cry of help from Byzantium to a use of religious warfare for political gains.
Peasants of both factions have near identical concerns, maybe honor holds more weight in the eastern culture, maybe, but fear rules the battlefield. Not everyone is going to be brave, most people won't. And once you see your leaders, the samurai, being taken down by heavy cavalry and infantry, you're not likely to stick around.
I wouldn't say the amount of religious fanaticism is common enough to factor into an average battle that I simulate in my head in regards to what I was talking about. If the Holy Roman Empire was fighting France, there wouldn't be much religious fanaticism involved, more of fealty to proper lords as both at the time were still Roman Catholic. Not really disputing the equipment, but samurais used more than just a katana or their bows in battle though. I'll say the code of honor doesn't permeate the ranks of a Western Army as much as an Eastern one, residing mostly with the Knights or Knights in training (squires) the common ranks couldn't care as much for that. I'll agree with the fear spreading easily on the battlefield to everyone, but I think there's just a bit more fear resistance with the Eastern Armies as there is with a Western one.

Most of this is more of an opinion than a statement of fact, as was my last post, so while I don't contest that a Western Army definitely have an edge here, I just think the battle would be closer than most people put it usually. *shrug*

Dom is a very good fighter because he used to fight all the time before becoming a knight. He can't match Nagito but he could probably give Cayden and William a run for their money

Akio said:

[QUOTE="Crimson smile]Dom is a very good fighter because he used to fight all the time before becoming a knight. He can't match Nagito but he could probably give Cayden and William a run for their money

[/QUOTE]
Thats 5 then if Desgan fight for her. Not sure the other two would be unless Cayden had Gerrard and Dallen fight. Can archers even fight in trial by seven?

Though Nagito worth like 3 guys so.

WanderingJester said:
Nah, not really the same discussion, as Braavos would probably only have beef with Ibben if they decide to mobilize and head an invasion force against Westeros. They have a lot of investments/assets there that, while they tolerate the occasional civil war, would not risk having a foreign power disturb potential payout from what's technically the Iron Bank's.
They would have a massive and very powerful navy, and Ibben is much closer to Braavos than New Ghis. They'll also probably contact Norvos as well as Tyroshi or even Qohor, offering money to fund their expeditionary force against Ibben. The Iron Bank's been known to take out countries hitmen style by hiring another country by cancelling or calling in their debts, it's been done in the past and can happen again in the future. There's a good amount of interest in regards to their affairs on Westeros to warrant such actions.

Hmm... could work, will just depend on where/when said translator would appear and such and such. Also, wouldn't exactly call Nagito an "expert" fighter so to speak, with respect of Cayden and William, who are both undoubtedly professional soldiers by trade at least. She does have many great fighters on her side though. Sort of like a female blond Liu Bei almost.

I wouldn't say the amount of religious fanaticism is common enough to factor into an average battle that I simulate in my head in regards to what I was talking about. If the Holy Roman Empire was fighting France, there wouldn't be much religious fanaticism involved, more of fealty to proper lords as both at the time were still Roman Catholic. Not really disputing the equipment, but samurais used more than just a katana or their bows in battle though. I'll say the code of honor doesn't permeate the ranks of a Western Army as much as an Eastern one, residing mostly with the Knights or Knights in training (squires) the common ranks couldn't care as much for that. I'll agree with the fear spreading easily on the battlefield to everyone, but I think there's just a bit more fear resistance with the Eastern Armies as there is with a Western one.

Most of this is more of an opinion than a statement of fact, as was my last post, so while I don't contest that a Western Army definitely have an edge here, I just think the battle would be closer than most people put it usually. *shrug*
Oh trust me I know Nagito would fuck most of us 6 ways till Sunday in about a minute. Still that would be one problem to Cayden maybe wanting to use a Katana. Unless he found a V-steel one he would be at a massive disadvantage in Westeros

Trial by seven against Daenna you say?

Trevir, Roland, Martyn, Dolar, that one tier 5 queensguard that I forget the name of, Siegfried, the second best current queensguard.

Nagito, Cayden, Dom, William.....

Yeah I think Daenna gets rekt pretty hard in this one lol.

Akio said:
Thats 5 then if Desgan fight for her. Not sure the other two would be unless Cayden had Gerrard and Dallen fight. Can archers even fight in trial by seven?
Though Nagito worth like 3 guys so.

Oh trust me I know Nagito would fuck most of us 6 ways till Sunday in about a minute. Still that would be one problem to Cayden maybe wanting to use a Katana. Unless he found a V-steel one he would be at a massive disadvantage in Westeros
Yea, he might want to stick with his spear or a long sword (or some curve crap from Dorn, I'm not sure how they do things down there honestly). Nagito can disregard the disadvantages of a katana against plate armor with his V-Steel Lightsaber magic sword, but the same can't be side for his other Yi Ti warrior comrades xD

Leusis said:
Trial by seven against Daenna you say?
Trevir, Roland, Martyn, Dolar, that one tier 5 queensguard that I forget the name of, Siegfried, the second best current queensguard.

Nagito, Cayden, Dom, William.....

Yeah I think Daenna gets rekt pretty hard in this one lol.
Well, it would really depend on who's accusing Daenna at this point no? I mean I doubt Martyn or Siegfried would lift a finger for Kuvira. lol

Also I thought Nagito was said to be tier 5 and that Aemond is on a completely different level (tier 6) so when did he suddenly boost up to that level because even you said he doesn't compare to somebody like Aemond, Jester.

So in all honesty while Nagito would be able to beat pretty much anyone 1v1 I think Roland and Trevir, the two most skill based PCs in westeros would be more than a match for him as hes being attacked by 2 people not just 1.

WanderingJester said:

You're purposefully neglecting the different wars and hostilities between protestants and catholics later down the line in Europe, and the fierce compeition to destroy one another. And that's from a very minor shift in religion compared to the Crusades which called Kings and peasants over, Hell. The Children's Crusade was even a thing (that ended horribly,). If there's one thing the post-Christian West has shown, it's that religious tolerance is very thin ice. With cracks in it.

Sure, they have essentially longswords that double as spears, and spears. But heavy infantry makes use of pikes, as similar weapon. And there's still the warriors pride and honor, but the code of honor is another over stated falsehood. The Japanese have shown to be brutal and uncaring in past offenses, be it on Korean or Chinese soil, or to each other. They have lost and fled, broken from battles too. Only the very best really had this honor on exceptional levels, the peasants are the same no matter where you go. They have some honor, sure, but that's not the reason they're fighting. It's because they owe it to their feudal lords.

WanderingJester said:
Yea, he might want to stick with his spear or a long sword (or some curve crap from Dorn, I'm not sure how they do things down there honestly). Nagito can disregard the disadvantages of a katana against plate armor with his V-Steel Lightsaber magic sword, but the same can't be side for his other Yi Ti warrior comrades xD
Well, it would really depend on who's accusing Daenna at this point no? I mean I doubt Martyn or Siegfried would lift a finger for Kuvira. lol
And interesting weapon for him to learn if it exist in game of thrones is a Japanese Naginata if there is a Yi Ti version. It would probably work better for him then just a straight spear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back