• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~Fire Emblem Reverence: The Insurrection of Etalus~ [Rules & OOC]

Should we keep OOC on-site, or move to Discord?

• Stay on-site

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move to Discord

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • I don't mind either way

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ah! Sephonia looks so good! I can't wait for her and Ichor to butt heads.
I know I was thinking about that all day I am sorry I turned like the Archipelago into like a vacation resort place with a sprinkle of Jussane corruption. Though I’d like to see how they would bond or dislike each other over it.
Women.... good
I hope Sephonia isn’t intruding on your character too much. I was like what’s a respectable distance for a retainer to have.

Last edited:
New headcanon, the Archipelago was a late addition to the Jussane empire, and was turned into a tourist attraction because it was so different to the rest of the empire.

That's also where I imagine Ichor picked up the more Japanese-adjacent aspects of his design, 'cause I highly doubt you'd find that kind of thing in Ditania.

That's also where I imagine Ichor picked up the more Japanese-adjacent aspects of his design, 'cause I highly doubt you'd find that kind of thing in Ditania.
Agreed I like this headcannon plus I mean Japan is a big island and an archipelago is like a bunch of little islands.

I know I was thinking about that all day I am sorry I turned like the Archipelago into like a vacation resort place with a sprinkle of Jussane corruption. Though I’d like to see how they would bond or dislike each other over it.

I hope Sephonia isn’t intruding on your character too much. I was like what’s a respectable distance for a retainer to have.
My thought is that maybe she was his older siser's retainer before she started serving him? That makes sense since she'd pick up the habit of treating him as a kid lol

New headcanon, the Archipelago was a late addition to the Jussane empire, and was turned into a tourist attraction because it was so different to the rest of the empire.
APPROVED, i like the mental image

Japan is also just 14,000 islands though. So it does count more or less as an archipelago.

Nice to see we have medieval weeb either way.

My thought is that maybe she was his older siser's retainer before she started serving him? That makes sense since she'd pick up the habit of treating him as a kid lol
She thinks it’s an unfortunate for him to be in the situation that he’s in but if you wish to do that I left a good year and a half open to play with.

She thinks it’s an unfortunate for him to be in the situation that he’s in but if you wish to do that I left a good year and a half open to play with.
I don’t think retainers know about the full details of the Scheme by default, so she’d prob know he’s here to make an alliance, but wouldn’t necessarily know a marriage is going to be part of them. Might be wrong tjough

I don’t think retainers know about the full details of the Scheme by default, so she’d prob know he’s here to make an alliance, but wouldn’t necessarily know a marriage is going to be part of them. Might be wrong tjough
True you so right I'm already metagaming. Yeah she doesn't know about the marriage I don't think. And has her own vested interest in Ditania rich resources.

Afternoon everybody! Just had a little peak at the characters and it looks to be a colourful cast, which is awesome! I will be taking a more thorough look on Sunday and will probably give a little bit of feedback before the deadline, at which time I'll also decide which of my character ideas I'll be going with.

Is anybody yet to submit a character planning on applying for the Ditanian noble? (i.e. The Discerning Daughter) I am more than happy to, just didn't want it to seem like I was pre-assigning myself 'the protagonist' role given her unique importance in making a decision on which scheme to honour. Given I'll be looking at everybody's forms in depth anyway I can probably craft a character who will be equally conflicted over all of the main schemes. But if anybody else wants to play her that is absolutely cool by me. I have ideas for a couple of other roles too (i.e. a Nortalian retainer, or a Meridanian retainer)

Discord is still on my agenda to sort out, just have been trying to catch up with some blogging stuff!

I mean, you taking the 'protagonist' role would be perfectly fair, as the person who knows more than any of us what direction the plot would be going at least in regard to factors outside of any of our control.

I’d say that a GM taking the role of the protagonist of their own RP is an RPing faux pas that has probably caused plenty of other RPs to explode in the past.

That being said, I don’t think one Main Scheme person is more important than another, because they all bleed, so if you want to step in and fill a role, go for it, Sky. Still plenty of time before the deadline though. Even if no one wants the role now, someone else may come in wanting it later.

It's a delicate issue, I've seen many RPs doomed by the fact that people entrusted with plot-critical roles dropping out and leaving the RP pretty much in a state can't be salvaged without a reboot. I can understand why GMs would want to take-on critical roles like that, on the other hand it shouldn't be a carte-blanche to play out the sole hero of the story.

I'd say the Dittanian role is slightly more plot-critical than the rest, solely because it's the anchor point that the other characters motivations revolve around.

Greetings, been lurking for the last few days and finally decided to take the plunge and work on a character to submit for the rp. Currently thinking I am going to make a retainer of Sanghalo. General character concept is the character is a relative (either child or sibling) of the Baron of Faust that was employed as a retainer but in reality is kept around as a political hostage to ensure the loyalty of the baron. Their scheme is more focused around gaining political standing for Faust in the kingdom, or if things go south work the situation to their advantage to lead to the region potentially breaking away.

Well, lurking, and I guess I'll try my hand at the last noble position.

Since I'm doing the discerning daughter, what is the current political environment of Ditania like?

Last edited:
I’d say that a GM taking the role of the protagonist of their own RP is an RPing faux pas that has probably caused plenty of other RPs to explode in the past.

That being said, I don’t think one Main Scheme person is more important than another, because they all bleed, so if you want to step in and fill a role, go for it, Sky. Still plenty of time before the deadline though. Even if no one wants the role now, someone else may come in wanting it later.
It's a delicate issue, I've seen many RPs doomed by the fact that people entrusted with plot-critical roles dropping out and leaving the RP pretty much in a state can't be salvaged without a reboot. I can understand why GMs would want to take-on critical roles like that, on the other hand it shouldn't be a carte-blanche to play out the sole hero of the story.

I'd say the Dittanian role is slightly more plot-critical than the rest, solely because it's the anchor point that the other characters motivations revolve around.
You've both summed up my thoughts pretty perfectly, and I appreciate that you guys know what I don't want to take that critical role and yet why it also might end up being necessary aha/ The whole thing with the schemes and with there not being much pre-established 'the story will go in this direction' is that whoever does stick around will still be the ones driving the narrative, though yeah the Ditanian daughter does have more of a direct effect on exactly what will happen with Etalus itself.
Greetings, been lurking for the last few days and finally decided to take the plunge and work on a character to submit for the rp. Currently thinking I am going to make a retainer of Sanghalo. General character concept is the character is a relative (either child or sibling) of the Baron of Faust that was employed as a retainer but in reality is kept around as a political hostage to ensure the loyalty of the baron. Their scheme is more focused around gaining political standing for Faust in the kingdom, or if things go south work the situation to their advantage to lead to the region potentially breaking away.
Hello! Sounds good to me. Feel free to do with Faust's internal politics what you will - we can smooth out and make sure everything is consistent between the Sanghalan characters once I've accepted people.
Well, lurking, and I guess I'll try my hand at the last noble position.

Since I'm doing the discerning daughter, what is the current political environment of Ditania like?
Hello! The current political situation would be stable, but not particularly happy. In the lore section I mentioned they'd recently had a civil war which lasted fifteen years - I hadn't specified exactly why this happened as to leave it open for character freedom, but it ended without major agreement on whatever had caused the issue, with the Dukes deciding to stop fighting because their armies were worn out and out of fear of its neighbours taking advantage of its weakened state. Some even believe the civil war was subtly instigated by one of the other nations in order to keep Ditania weak, as a unified Ditania would have the resources to be the most powerful nation.

Duke Claudio, the discerning daughter's father, would have been involved in that civil war, which ended around five years before the events of the RP. Though the Dukes are now cooperating, there's still a lot of bad blood between them, with strong factions and deep wounds making meaningful national decisions take a very long time to get anywhere. I had in mind that Duke Claudio was perhaps among the most powerful Dukes under the old regime pre-civil war, but has lost much of his influence in court nowadays. In fact, whilst responsibility over the Etalus region is commonly considered a great honour, it was granted to him knowing that he would likely face extra threats of bandits and foreign interest, which would keep him busy and stop him from rising dangerously in court again. If that doesn't work for your character though we can by all means change things - I do however have a couple of twists/plot points to come relating to Duke Claudio so I'll need to work with you on that to make sure things are consistent!

SkyGinge SkyGinge

Got it. I have a draft ready, I can send you it later to see if it's at least somewhat acceptable and accurate b4 I post it on CS for public viewing. I'll of course edit it later.

Update: The OOC Discord Server is now up!
Please excuse how basic it is - this is my first time setting up a Discord server lol. Once I've accepted characters next week we'll be able to use it to plan/plot together - I'll add some extra channels then for our writer intro forms, and I'll share updates on there too as we go along.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back