• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~Fire Emblem Reverence: The Insurrection of Etalus~ [Rules & OOC]

Should we keep OOC on-site, or move to Discord?

• Stay on-site

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move to Discord

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • I don't mind either way

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"I'm excited to see a new Fire Emblem roleplay! I've been a big fan of the series for years. What kind of characters are you planning to create? Any specific storylines in mind?"

Thanks for all the PMs this morning! I'm busy for the next few hours but I'll give you all some responses evening my time~

Almost done w my (first?) character! Now I just gotta do the formatting to make it look all nice.

"I'm excited to see a new Fire Emblem roleplay! I've been a big fan of the series for years. What kind of characters are you planning to create? Any specific storylines in mind?"
Hello! You can see what characters people have submitted by clicking on the 'characters' link at the top of this page, and the world/grander scenario I've set up can be read about in the 'lore' page which is also there.

It's amazing to see so many characters submitted this quickly! I've not yet carved out the time to sneak a peak, but I'll try to at least jot down who has applied for what soon as that'd be helpful. It also looks like we'd prefer moving over to Discord for OOC on the whole, so I will look into setting that up in the next few days.

Also the official decisions I've come to regarding characters wielding weapons outside their proficiency:
  • Characters can use these weapons, but with two big penalties: the weapon's might is reduced by 60%, and the wielder's speed stat is cut in half whilst using the weapon. So if your character finds themselves in a situation where their only option is to pick up a weapon they're not skilled at, they will still be able to do a bit of harm and you can still write out the situation in a creative way, albeit without posing much threat.
  • Obviously this doesn't apply to magical tomes due to the lore behind how they're used (although there's at least one character I know is being submitted for whom I will probably offer a slight compromise in light of the above)
  • Magical staffs will come with a might stat which enables them to be used as physical weapons. Again I'll sort out all the weapon might so you don't need to worry about that, but if you're wanting to write a cleric/troubadour and you wanted them to have a quarterstaff or something more designed to defend themselves then that is fine too.

Hello! You can see what characters people have submitted by clicking on the 'characters' link at the top of this page, and the world/grander scenario I've set up can be read about in the 'lore' page which is also there.

It's amazing to see so many characters submitted this quickly! I've not yet carved out the time to sneak a peak, but I'll try to at least jot down who has applied for what soon as that'd be helpful. It also looks like we'd prefer moving over to Discord for OOC on the whole, so I will look into setting that up in the next few days.

Also the official decisions I've come to regarding characters wielding weapons outside their proficiency:
  • Characters can use these weapons, but with two big penalties: the weapon's might is reduced by 60%, and the wielder's speed stat is cut in half whilst using the weapon. So if your character finds themselves in a situation where their only option is to pick up a weapon they're not skilled at, they will still be able to do a bit of harm and you can still write out the situation in a creative way, albeit without posing much threat.
  • Obviously this doesn't apply to magical tomes due to the lore behind how they're used (although there's at least one character I know is being submitted for whom I will probably offer a slight compromise in light of the above)
  • Magical staffs will come with a might stat which enables them to be used as physical weapons. Again I'll sort out all the weapon might so you don't need to worry about that, but if you're wanting to write a cleric/troubadour and you wanted them to have a quarterstaff or something more designed to defend themselves then that is fine too.
Oh yeah this reminds me, question:

Are we messing around with durability at all, or should we not bother having redundant lower-tier weapons to save our good Prf ones with?

Oh yeah this reminds me, question:

Are we messing around with durability at all, or should we not bother having redundant lower-tier weapons to save our good Prf ones with?
Good question. Yes we should have durability (it's necessary for magic lore-related reasons, and also for common sense for weapons like bows and throwing knives), but I'm leaning towards not making it a hard-coded stat and more of a creative common-sense kind of thing. If your character has been bashing a steel sword around for several combat scenarios then I'll probably give you a gentle nudge to switch weapons. If that's a bit too loose though then I can also sort durability when I'm sorting might after characters have been accepted.

Quickest question so for axes I know in fire emblem clubs and maces are considered part of the axe category . Would hammers/war hammers like mauls also be in that category.

Yes! Hammers are part of the axe family in game, helpful against armour knights.
Thank you also I will be a retainer but what do you think of the scheme. A Scheme of Have not
Basically I’m gonna make my character a brigand and their scheme is to basically try to capture and shut off as many resources as possible. Any possible chance to secure a resource through trade, speech, and or combat, they will try to take that opportunity granted if the costs aren’t too high.

I think it fits with a brigand type scheme, but that’s me.

Hey folks, just posting here to show I'm still around, nice to see everyone has already started cooking up ideas.

The direct quote would be "3 additional stat points per level your character has gained" which is up for interpretation until Sky says otherwise, but you don't really gain level 1.
Figured you would gain level 1 in a class, since it's not like you're born to be a soldier or a thief or a caster.

But iz no problemo either way.

Figured you would gain level 1 in a class, since it's not like you're born to be a soldier or a thief or a caster.

But iz no problemo either way.
I mean, iirc most fire emblem games everyone is at least level one. Even generic villagers. They just have much lower stats than actual classes

Good question. Yes we should have durability (it's necessary for magic lore-related reasons, and also for common sense for weapons like bows and throwing knives), but I'm leaning towards not making it a hard-coded stat and more of a creative common-sense kind of thing. If your character has been bashing a steel sword around for several combat scenarios then I'll probably give you a gentle nudge to switch weapons. If that's a bit too loose though then I can also sort durability when I'm sorting might after characters have been accepted.
How does durability work with our cool personal special weapons? Necessitate regular repairs?

Thank you also I will be a retainer but what do you think of the scheme. A Scheme of Have not
Basically I’m gonna make my character a brigand and their scheme is to basically try to capture and shut off as many resources as possible. Any possible chance to secure a resource through trade, speech, and or combat, they will try to take that opportunity granted if the costs aren’t too high.

I think it fits with a brigand type scheme, but that’s me.
Sounds fine to me. Basically an adaptable 'ensure we end up with the best deal, by force if neccessary' kind of desire which could be fun as it could lead to them siding with different characters and ideas at different points. Retainer schemes don't all need to be mega complex anyhow.
How does durability work with our cool personal special weapons? Necessitate regular repairs?
Depends on how much you use them, and also on what the weapons are. If we're using the games as a benchmark, some personal weapons (esp. in later games) don't have durability the same way, so again as long as it makes narrative sense for your cool special weapon to not rust/break after a lot of use then I'm happy to just have no durability concerns for a special weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back