• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Warhammer 40K: The Interex Valhalla

Eplov said:
Mkay. But I have some reservations about his "oracle" going around saying, "hey, don't help out the Imperium, help yourselves! Oh, and pay me taxes."
They'd be paying for his protection/help/leadership/waffle iron. Or he might call it a fee in exchange for liberating them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Protagonist said:
They'd be paying for his protection/help/leadership/waffle iron. Or he might call it a fee in exchange for liberating them.
That seems reasonable. Not sure oracle is the right term though, that has definite religious connotations and this isn't really a religion you're espousing. Publicists?

Eplov said:
That seems reasonable. Not sure oracle is the right term though, that has definite religious connotations and this isn't really a religion you're espousing. Publicists?
Interestingly, apart from the xeno-friendly attitude, you're talking about going back to pre God-Emperor ways of interacting with tech. I think that's about the time the bureaucracy got out of control, too.

"Oracle" is a reference to a part of a song called 2112, which is an Epic Rock song about a person in a sci-fi setting who comes into conflict with their theocratic dystopian society which stifles progress and individuality. They're given a vision from an "Oracle".

I figured a pseudo-religious sounding term would work best since mechanically speaking they're very similar to missionaries and they also retain elements of "faith" in a way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Protagonist said:
"Oracle" is a reference to a part of a song called 2112, which is an Epic Rock song about a person in a sci-fi setting who comes into conflict with their theocratic dystopian society which stifles progress and individuality. They're given a vision from an "Oracle".
I figured a pseudo-religious sounding term would work best since mechanically speaking they're very similar to missionaries and they also retain elements of "faith" in a way.
Fair enough.

Anyone aware of a good software to use for map making? Especially one that might help me move tokens around of our characters?

I saw something a while ago. It was on a page titled something like "40k essentials". If I find it I'll add a link.

Eplov said:
I asked in the OOC if melting or punching through the door was an option and you never responded..
Oh yeah.

Well, I didn't think of that. I'll say that there's a warning sign on the door saying there's no atmosphere beyond it, therefore punching through one wouldn't be a good idea thanks to decompression.

Protagonist said:
Oh yeah.
Well, I didn't think of that. I'll say that there's a warning sign on the door saying there's no atmosphere beyond it, therefore punching through one wouldn't be a good idea thanks to decompression.
That's what I thought you'd say, but I presume all of us space-goers wore our voidsuits under our armor right? ;)

Seriously though, can Apharius point in the direction of the anti-navigator and we punch through bulkheads until we get there?

Or is there a trail of gore leading to the now closed and void containing door left from the anti-navigator's legless corpse dragging itself through there?

I honestly think him just pointing and saying "thataway" is sufficient for now. You stole my data slate, so you get to answer. ;)

Protagonist said:
Actually, how about Carth does search for an alternate route-I think that might be better
What does he roll? It's not tactics this time, just reading a map. I guess maybe an int test with a bonus for being mundane?

Since that was a pretty bad roll, could Carth probably recognise that he doesn't quite know what to make of it, and so just toss it to Naomi or something?

Fezzes said:
Since that was a pretty bad roll, could Carth probably recognise that he doesn't quite know what to make of it, and so just toss it to Naomi or something?
I don't think @Protagonist is feeling that kind. We're just going to take the long, long, long, ... , long way. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back