• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy War for the Throne [always accepting]

Crow sits in a bar, laughing and drinking. A group of people walk into the crowded bar, lead by a pretty girl. Crow smiles. She's not what she seems... Perhaps I'll watch this group. He orders another drink, and leans back as it's slid across the counter into his hand.

@silentecho

Last edited by a moderator:
Arcsidian decides it is time to seek an audience with the king. As he enters the keep, the looks on soldiers eyes becomes more and more suspicious which makes arcsidian question himself with paranoia. finally he asks permission to enter the court room. draco and brutus are already there. The king's face shows no signs of color.

"My lord, I presume that these..." takes an aggressive look at burtus and continues "that these fine gentlemen have already warned of the danger you are in. I will protect you with the best of my abilities."

BELL said:
Crow sits in a bar, laughing and drinking. A group of people walk into the crowded bar, lead by a pretty girl. Crow smiles. She's not what she seems... Perhaps I'll watch this group. He orders another drink, and leans back as it's slid across the counter into his hand.
@silentecho
Anya ordered a tall glass of beer and started drinking it happily. She did not get drunk easily, so she helped herself, smirking as her men did the same. "Be careful guys, we need to stay reasonably sober." She chucked and took note of her surroundings, seeing a man order another drink for himself. It seemed like an average crowd, and she didn't see reason to worry about anybody here as she watched the clock.

By now Crow's out-drunk a few other men, and retreats from the bar to a table, sipping a cold beer. To his disappointment, he still hasn't gotten a buzz.

Anya eventually gathered her men up, content with the amount of time they had spent there. She discreetly ran her hand over the dagger she kept in her shirt against her back. She took a deep breath and headed outside. It was getting dark. She had to make sure her men were solid on her plan.

Crow's gut tells him that something interesting will happen to this girl, so he gets up and tosses a pouch to the counter with a thud and the sound of coins. The bartender opens it, revealing a pouch full of gold coins. "All the drinks that can cover are on me." Crow grins. He had taken that from a wealthy bandit hideout earlier that week; he didn't care about it as it wasn't his money. Crow quietly walks out, glad of his silent footsteps. He picks a concealed spot near the girl and listens. The man smiles and taps one of his ears.

Anya was no idiot. She knew that someone was nearby. She smirked. Eavesdropper. Don't like those kind of people. If it's information he wants, it's information he'll get. No promises that he stays alive to use it though. Giving a brief nod to one of her best men, she started to discuss the plan as the man left the group. "At midnight, we will infiltrate the castle, starting on the West side. Should be easy enough, the guards are pushovers."

Crow's eyes widen under his bangs, his smile returning again. He decides to speak up. "Before I come out, promise not to try to kill me, alright?"

(Logging off for the night)

Anya hears the voice and narrows her eyes, turning towards it. "I'll give you time to explain yourself. If I don't like it, you're dead. Deal?" She didn't give him a chance to answer. "Good."

"So, I hear you're raiding a castle. I don't know why, but perhaps I could be of assistance?" The voice is familiar, Anya and some of her men might remember it from the bar. The bartender had asked his name, and he had answered: Ballast McGee.

Anya paused, her expression softening a little as she heard the voice. "You're Ballast McGee... the man from the bar." She paused again, thinking. "Interesting. Well, what do you have to offer? Keep in my that I don't usually recruit. And... why do you want to join us?"

The man laughs and sighs in relief at the same time. "Well, I didn't think I'd get this far. But alright, I'll answer." Crow (His real name) doesn't get out from his hiding spot, but tosses a pouch identical to the one he paid with at the bar over the stuff he hides behind. "That's filled with gold, so that's one reason. A few others are that I'm decent with my sword, and I'm useful for diversions, someone to pin this all on if you'd prefer to keep yourselves in the dark. My reputation paints a different picture than my appearance, but I can prove to you that I'm the same man that bloodied ex-bandits rambled about in bars, the same man who suddenly appeared and left a trail of destruction. Come closer and I'll tell you my name." (Longer than I intended, I'm so sorry owo;; ;)

Anya listened to him, not even glancing at the pouch of gold he threw to the side. She started to walk towards the voice, smirking. "You sound impressive enough." She stopped once she was within 10 feet of him, then threw a dagger at his head. It stuck in the wall just above his head, on purpose. Her softened expression turned hard again. "Give me one reason why I should trust you." She signaled to her men, who prepared themselves.

Crow stays very, very still. "I mean, I could reveal myself to you guys, tell you my name, and throw more money at you? I wouldn't be taking any of your food or money, I just wanna go with you all." He shrugs. "I guess I'm bored. I want to do something interesting."

With each passing moment, the tension and distress began the to creep in on everybody. Both Arcsidian and Draco are seasoned warriors but they really do not know what to expect. "The cults assassins normally attack with daggers and darts. Very sneaky so watch your back everybody! their darts are also poisonous. Don't get hit!" Arcisdian says while further lecturing the room!

Anya put her daggers away and stared at him for a long momemt then sighed. "Fine. Do anything stupid and you'll end up a pile of blood and guts." She snapped her fingers and the men returned to her side. She started to walk towards the inn where they were staying, expressionless.

"So what defines stupid?" Crow calls over to Anya. He then adds, as a second thought, "Also, we never exchanged names, which we should do." He doesn't move, still sitting there, His heart pumping fast. Am I... Scared?

Anya ignored the first question, then couldn't help but roll her eyes a little at the second comment, still walking. One of her men felt bad for him and stopped, turning to Crow. "She'll kill me if I say her real name. Just call her Shay."

Crow nods and smiles a little. "Thanks..." He watches them leave, waiting for them to be out of earshot.

Anya eventually headed into the inn with all her men, heading up to the rooms they had paid for with stolen money. Anya had a room to herself, and she pulled out a paper, laying on the bed and staring at it - the details of their attack.

Once the group is gone, Crow lets out a shaky breath. He didn't realize he was holdomng breath, now it comes out with relief. Still in shock, Crow starts laughing. He doesn't know what about, but he can't help but laugh. Eventually he manages to stand up before pulling the dagger out of the wall and putting it in his coat, and waits.

One of Anya's men came out of the inn and approached Crow. "One, Shay will be pissed if you don't return her dagger, two, you want to help me set up the attack? The castle is just a few miles away."

Crow smiles. "I'll return it in then morning, and sure, might be good to know what's happening." He dusts himself off and looks at the other man. "Alright, show me the way."

The man introduced himself as Alph. "Listen though, I really would give that back to her pronto. She'll think you're planning something and kill you. You'll be dead by morning." He reached his hand, wanting him to give the dagger to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back