• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Sorry about that. It’s a tricky thing to judge.

We’ve got some players posting daily and some posting once a week or less, so after a few days of inactivity I suggested a timeskip.

I was just worried as the (quest) threads with slow activity have all died or had to be cancelled unfortunately.

In future I’ll wait a few more days after posting the timeskip notice here. ☺️👍

Last edited:
Finally got a post out. I still don't know who all is on the quest because I either forgot or never found out, so I'll edit in whoever I need to later

Just wanted to put this somewhere, as it has been bothering me.

I don't think it's a good idea to do a timeskip in a thread where four different conversations are going on just because one of the conversations has ended. It was my understanding that the main thread was a hub of sorts for everyone to mingle in between quest threads and other stories and find party members in character. I understand there's a group leaving on a quest but the timeskip should have been done in a separate thread just for them (even if the entire town is shaking from an earthquake).

Now, if you absolutely want everyone to take part in something like this, you should give ample time to respond. Let everyone know in this thread that there is going to be a timeskip then wait a week or so (in real time) so everyone has a chance to post and finish up conversations and then post an IC timeskip. I understand this would mean that the questing party might have to wait a little longer for their adventure (or their new adventure thread could start with something a little more vague like "after the events of the morning the party sets out") but I feel this would have been a better option than prioritizing one group out of the four that I was aware of.

Anyway, just my two cents on the whole thing.
I will agree that the discrepancy in post-frequency does make it a tad difficult to keep up with every conversation going on at a time, and sometimes certain conversations (particularly the slower paced ones) can become lost in the detritus, and doing a time skip after a single day was kind of fast, but I think waiting a week for what is essentially a cut-scene is a bit much... or, at the very least, a week should be the absolute maximum wait time (pursuant to the fact that many of the most active members post once, if not several times a day.)
Perhaps, in lieu of what Lost Echo Lost Echo mentioned, it'd be best to wait for those present in a thread to acknowledge that a time skip is happening, use their next post to wrap things up, and then the time skip can proceed. This would provide a window of a few days (3-5) for people to kick out a quick finisher (remember all posts don't have to be paragraphs long, here) whilst also accommodating those who have already finished their scenes and are waiting for things to move along!

Also thanks for speaking up on what you felt! I'm sure you weren't the only one that might not have been quite ready yet for the skipperoonies! <3
Finally got a post out. I still don't know who all is on the quest because I either forgot or never found out, so I'll edit in whoever I need to later

Currently, the participants of the Arian Mines Quest are as follows:
* Myself (Rika)
* Siwai
* Urzoth
* Callan
* Tobias
* Goldie
* Connor
* Pierre (via Connor)

If I missed anyone, you're more than welcome to slap me with a fish carcass... Long as it's not a lamprey... hate those things...

Last edited:
I kinda feel bad for the Wyvern. It's probably taking a nice snooze and then gets its front doors kicked in by 8 hunters.

Hmm. I don’t think “standard folk menace” was the right phrase for Cricket to describe wisps with. I was trying to say that they were a danger that common folk saw often and knew how to deal with (by not following lights in a swamp).

I will agree that the discrepancy in post-frequency does make it a tad difficult to keep up with every conversation going on at a time, and sometimes certain conversations (particularly the slower paced ones) can become lost in the detritus, and doing a time skip after a single day was kind of fast, but I think waiting a week for what is essentially a cut-scene is a bit much... or, at the very least, a week should be the absolute maximum wait time (pursuant to the fact that many of the most active members post once, if not several times a day.)
Perhaps, in lieu of what Lost Echo Lost Echo mentioned, it'd be best to wait for those present in a thread to acknowledge that a time skip is happening, use their next post to wrap things up, and then the time skip can proceed. This would provide a window of a few days (3-5) for people to kick out a quick finisher (remember all posts don't have to be paragraphs long, here) whilst also accommodating those who have already finished their scenes and are waiting for things to move along!

Also thanks for speaking up on what you felt! I'm sure you weren't the only one that might not have been quite ready yet for the skipperoonies! <3

Currently, the participants of the Arian Mines Quest are as follows:
* Myself (Rika)
* Siwai
* Urzoth
* Callan
* Tobias
* Goldie
* Connor
* Pierre (via Connor)

If I missed anyone, you're more than welcome to slap me with a fish carcass... Long as it's not a lamprey... hate those things...
Morning. ☺️

Yes, I think I’ll leave it 3-5 days next time. A few people requested a skip back on the 1st, so I wasn’t sure if folks were disappearing because I was taking too long.

Maybe I can tag the missing players on day 3, then move things along on the 5th day if still no response.

Morning. ☺️

Yes, I think I’ll leave it 3-5 days next time. A few people requested a skip back on the 1st, so I wasn’t sure if folks were disappearing because I was taking too long.

Maybe I can tag the missing players on day 3, then move things along on the 5th day if still no response.
This sounds sufficient!

Also... I just looked at Connor's carriage and um... holy shite. 😂 It's huoooooooge.

Not that he’d actually do anything (to any rookies)
Every single veteran within earshot of that statement:
Nervous Key And Peele GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back