• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern the Halifax witch hunts

"She was with someone else, they didn't look like they were dating or anything, her name was Aura and she was just the kindest girl I ever met" said Martin, the Tauren in question.

((Oh hush, you. I can do as I please, and say whatever the hell I want. The few good things about being an adult in this terrible world.)) @Luxx`Noir~

Darnall finished the sandwich and rolled into the kitchen to put the plate into the sink. Then, he rolled back into the living room and picked up the roku remote, looking through the different choices slowly.

@Tonstad39

"I don't even know what I want to watch. There are so many options, and they all look good, but nothing seems interesting enough to really make the effort to pay attention." Darnall cast a questing look in Maryl's direction. "Is that a normal sentiment?"

"That is somewhat disappointing. I guess we can watch this though." Choosing at random, Darnall clicks the first episode for the show Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Darnall didn't respond as he watched the show. It was bright and childlike and he could relate to Kimmy instantly. No matter how bad other people may believe the show to be, he was sold instantly. "She's just like me." He murmured softly as his attention fell wholly onto the TV, his eyes glazing over ever-so-slightly.

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Ika pranced across a street in a residential area. It's been just over 6 days since she'd made her way out of the lair of the victim of circumstance who'd mistakenly summoned her. Absorbing the witch had given Ika a grasp of her surroundings, being able to gain all of the thoughts, memories, and abilities of those she takes. Thanks to this Ika knew she where she was, when she was and how she'd gotten there. The world around her was much more vibrant and jovial than the pits she was used to. So far she'd managed to stay under the radar, the information gained from the witch had shown her that this new world took much less kindly to slaughter and brutality than the hells she'd inhabited up until recently. As such, she took to covert assimilations, attacking those isolated from others, turning them to horrors of flesh and bone and sending the drones as scouts into the wilderness and beyond in search of more viable organisms. This specific instance of her was in the shape that of a dog, a black dog. A replica of the pet of a homeless man she'd come across earlier that week. 

Unlike the chicken from the old riddle joke, Ika had no intention of getting to the other side of the road. She waited at the median for right time, lunging forward out in front of a car as it came close. The front end of the car that hit her bent inward and the car flipped forward upon impact. The incident caused several collisions and a commotion prompting people to crowd around the scene. This being her primary form for the moment it, actually held an extreme amount of matter within it. This allowed her to take on large forms if needed but also made her smaller disguises incredibly dense. Ika feigned injured whines to draw people in.

@Tonstad39 

@others

(sorry for super late entry, life has been keeping me well overburdened lately)

Last edited by a moderator:
People had panicked and called their insurance companies, two other cars had their front bumpers bent inwards and a large group of people crowded at where the whines were coming from, they were three humans and two light elves.

Maryl had gone into her bedroom and shut the blinds, she didn't pay much attention to the crash a few blocks down so she set her alarm clock to go off at 8:00pm and she clopped off into her bed.

Darnall was lost in the magic of Kimmy, Titus, and Livian. The outside world currently did not exist. He probably wouldn't be roused even if the wreck had happened right outside Maryl's place.

((anywho. Goodnight. I'll try to bring my RP A-game tomorrow. I'm ready to get to the fun part where Darnall is using magic more.))

Luxxie had been walking down the median, and had seen the whole situation unfold. He walked up, crouching by the dog. He used sleep magic on the dog an the people around, before whisking the dog to his pub. Once inside, all the customers now gone, he locked the door and laid the dog down, waking it up. "What are you doing here?" He asks, looking at the dog.

maxresdefault (6).jpg

Ika had been prepping to passively infect those around her right as Luxxie had used some manner of sleep magic. 

Given Ika's morphology and her lack of a necessity for sleep the witchcraft did more in the ways of stifling the grasp of her consciousness on that specific instance of her rather than actually put her to sleep. Though she had procured a few other thralls on this plane already, she was rather fond of that specific mass of matter and wasn't intent on losing in less than a week. Taking the capture as a sign aggression she assumed a defensive role in the confrontation. As she regained control of the her fulcrum in dog form she sprouted numerous sharpened tendrils out from its body stabbing into nearby walls and objects, some darting in Luxxie's direction. The tendrils stopped just before making contact with him and hovered menacingly. 

Ika stared intently at Luxxie looking to decipher his intent and answered his question in an unintelligible ancient tongue. 

@Luxx`Noir~

All of the bar patrons look at the shapeshifting monster and ran out of the bar and a few run out screaming not knowing what it is, only a lone dwarf stood near the enterence for he was curious of what the thing was.

( "all the customers now gone" Quote) "I'm waiting, for a verbal answer." He asks, looking at the dog still.

maxresdefault (6).jpg

Strange guttural grunts followed by snaps and cracks as Ika reshaped and restructured the dog body's throat and snout for human speech. 

"Acquisition...inquisition...reformation...", Ika responded ambiguously, not keen on spilling the beans just yet. The words came out harsh and gravelly at first, sounding like many voices speaking in unison before finally settling on a singlular one, a characteristically female one.

"How about you? Come here often?", she joked, tail wagging and head slightly tilted to one side.

@Luxx`Noir~

"Everyday. This is my place you've ruined." He says, going behind the counter to grab a mop stored underneath. He mops all the smashed alcohol bottles into a pile, before using a broom to pick them up, tossing them away.

The one dwarf got out his smartphone and began recording the event while nervously shaking the camera.

maxresdefault (6).jpg

"Oh.", Ika retracted her extra appendages, figuring this guy wasn't out to get her, at least not yet, though he did seem annoyed with her. The retreat of the tendrils caused the objects they had skerwed to fall to the floor and dusty debris to fall from the places where they hit the wall. 

"Sorry about your 'place'.", Ika apologized halfheartedly as she scoped the place out, noticing the dwarf with the smartphone. Ika could sense the dwarf's agitated state through electroreception, a skill she'd picked up from the various fish her scourge was absorbing as the scouts made their way further out into the world. She decided to tease them a little. 

Ika made eye contact with the dwarf out of the corner of her eye. She detached the lump of matter that was her tail making it sprout spider-like legs and mouth like that of a lamprey, having it scuttle out of view and towards the dwarf. 

"Soooo, as much as I'm enjoying this awkward, brooding thing you have going on...", she said caustically to Luxxie as he continued to cleaned up her mess. Her ears perked up at a revelation she had. 

"Say, this 'place' gets a good amount of bodies moving though it, doesn't it?", Ika asked, almost rhetorically. 

@Luxx`Noir~

@Tonstad39

Users who are viewing this thread

Back