• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern the Halifax witch hunts

Tonstad39

God of wisdom
Halifax, a city in Nova Scotia on Canada's Atlantic coast. Like most cities, Humans have coexisted semi-peacefully with the supernatural & non-humans for hundreds of years. In recent times, however there has been an increase in Magic related crime. This led authorities to crack down on illegal witchcraft, even sparking a debate in the Nova Scotia House of assembly on Witch's rights. 

Halifax police use magic users & hired witch hunters to help detect and apprehend magical suspects. Magical criminals tend to come in the form of street gangs, blood magic smugglers and dark possession rapists & con artists. This lethal combination has been putting the city on the list of Canada's least safe places to live. 

RULES

1. characters can be really powerful, but no godmodding please

2. Have 3D characters, y'know to make the RP worth while.

3. Post length is preferred to be a paragraph or less, you are doing an RP not writing a short story.

4. One sentence does not count as a whole pose, we still want something to play off of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aura sat alone on the curb of a street, rubbing her hands together. She hated when she stole, but she had to. It was never anything serious. Usually just some bread or a few bucks so she'd survive for the rest of the day. Something people could spare. Something they wouldn't notice. She always felt terrible afterwards anyways. Maybe that was angel in her. "Fucking hell, Aura, you're only a little bit angel." She mumbled to herself, trying to ignore how upset she was. 

Lin was wearing a large evening gown indicative of high society, golden earings hung down and her fangs were drawn as she was looking for quick prey. She walked down a lonely street like an empress of the night. She walked past Aura, ingoring her completely while looking for victims.

Aura jumped to her feet, sensing darkness within the woman passing. That and money, something Aura desperately needed. "Ma'am?" Aura asked softly, approaching the dark woman. "Ma'am can I speak to you for a moment?"

Lin stopped and turned towards the young lady, it was definatly off putting for a young girl to be out at night before saying with her natural asian accent "Of course darling, what do you need" as she gave a fanged smile.

Aura was about to ask for money when she saw the fangs. She gasped and stumbled backwards. "I... I'm sorry, I..." aura couldn't find her words. She was terrified. 

"My presence intimidates you" Lin said "I get that a lot, but I don't plan on preying on you, i'd rather prefer larger, more substantial prey than A little human girl, don't be afraid, i won't eat you." As she held out an open cold hand to show that there was a soul behind her immediate monstrosity before saying "now darling what would you need"

Aura gulped and took a hesitant step forward. "I was just wondering if you'd have any money to spare... I'm trying to make my way on the streets but I... I haven't eaten in days..." aura looked at her feet shyly. She hated begging. 

Lin laughed and said "I might not look it, But I know ewhat it's like to be poor & hungry. So maybe I could take you out to a nice dinner, I know I would've loved that when I was your age" she then held up a $100 bill and gave it to her while awaiting a response.

Aura gasped and looked up at the woman in shock. "You would really do that?" She asked incredulously. "You'd really... that would be... thank you so much!" Aura was in pure shock. No one had given her a helping hand in life without her using her powers. This was incredible.

Lin endearingly said while putting her wallet back into her designer purse "when you're a multimillionare like me, that hundred is practically nothing & would you like to take up my offer in the dinner?" She then smiled hoping to befreind the human.

Aura nodded. "Yes, please! That would be amazing!" Aura smiled softly. She couldn't believe what was happening. She wanted nothing more than to hug the Vampiress for her kindness.

"then follow me to my car" Lin said before motioning Aura to follow her down the street past a few shoddy convenience stores toward a parking garage before saying "My name is Lin, what's yours?"

"Aura, it's nice to meet you Lin." Aura said softly, following Lin to her car but always glancing over her shoulder to make sure someone wasn't following her. She was terrified of the city, of the men around her, of anyone really. But Lin seemed trustworthy.

"Aura, this could be the start of something marvelousl" Lin said before getting to the parking garage. Aura seemed like a good girl who had no where to be, Lin thought about how she wanted to take care of her as a sort of adopted mother in one of her penthouses as she walked up a couple flights of stairs across the small road of a parking lot towards a black 2011 Porshe 911.

"Aura, this could be the start of something marvelous" Lin said before getting to the parking garage. Aura seemed like a good girl who had no where to be, Lin thought about how she wanted to take care of her in one of her penthouses as she walked up a couple flights of stairs across the small road of a parking lot towards a black 2011 Porshe 911.

Aura smiled lightly. "Really? You think so?" Aura asked, scurrying after Lin. A sinking feeling hit Aura suddenly and she stumbled backwards. There was something going on somewhere in the city. Aura took a moment to breathe before following after Lin.

Lin turns around and grasps onto Aura with her arm, supporting her while saying saying "It must be a lot to take in" Lin said while getting the Porshe's car keys out of her purse with the hand that was free, unlocking both doors at the push of a button. She then put the keys back in her purse and began rubbing Aura's midsection hoping to get her angst out. (i've been busy doing schoolwork, that's why it takes me a while to respond)

Aura shook her head. "It's a... It's a weird thing I get. When someone commits a crime I get really sick. I don't even have to see it." Aura mumbled. She didn't want to explain that she was half-angel. "But thank you, you're being very kind to me." Aura smiled lightly.

Lin was almost shocked that she was dealing with an angel, but Where were her wings! "Why would a fallen angel still get sensations after being decommisioned?!" Lin thought as she always had a difficult time understanding how heaven works in the west. Lin dragged aura over to her car and said "By the way Aura, you don't have to hide your Angelness, I may not understand how heaven works here in Canada, but i do know that not all Angels are benevolant, but i want to ask you something"

Aura went pale. "Is it that obvious?" She asked softly, rather embarrassed. She tried to hide being half-angel as much as possible. "Uh, yeah, what do you wanna ask?"

"I've always noticed that same reflex if I predate someone who's with a guardian Angel, they always get like that when I gouge out their client's entrails. Anyways, I assume your a fallen angel, why do you still get the sensations even though your decommissioned?" Lin said

"Fallen... No, I'm not fallen." Aura smiled softly. "I'm half angel, my mother is in Heaven and my father is in Hell." Aura rubbed her hands together. "I'm glad he was sent to Hell. He deserves to burn forever."

"Wait so half angels don't inherit the wings" Lin said opening the door to the Porsche to let Aura in her car. When aura seemed like she could support herself again, Lin walked to the other side of the car and got into the driver's seat.

"Sorry to hear that" Lin said in a distressed manner before locating her keys in her purse and using them to start the car. She baked out of the parking garage, got down to the pay station. She rolled her window down to give the machine the ticket to park there &a the money to pay for the spot before the divider rose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back