• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Color Of Royalty OOC Chat

QuestingBeast said:
Okay, sounds good! Thanks :)
Hmm, I'd like to leave it up to the Royals whether their character has any friendship with Bernard. The guy's obviously open and enthusiastic for it, so it comes down to whether the Royals'd be annoyed by him, pfft.

@Church418 @Irianne @Prudentia @Semblance @Archie
I don't know if they would be "friends" but Daniel would definitely know you.

He would make it a point to, at least, know every Red Knight by name.

Hmm, see... I'm mostly trying to figure out whether Bernard would approach Daniel when he sees him on the training ground. His action or inaction depends on two contextual factors; whether the prince trains with the Red Knights often and whether Bernard is on friendly (rather than professional) terms with the prince.

My brain is pretty well fried from college finals, otherwise I'd try and offer some suggestion for joint history.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm I imagine that the Swordhands would be more separate from the rest of the Red Knights due to what they do. I mean, they're pretty much an enforcer/assassin group right? How visible to the populace are they? I keep forgetting that I'm the only Swordhand and I'm kind of making things up as I go so if anything contradicts some of the information or such, tell me cause I have no idea what I'm even doing.

Also, @Church418 and @QuestingBeast, you could have Marcus initiate the interaction between your characters if you're not sure about their relationship. Marcus could want the prince to face varying styles and chose Bernard to fight or something.

@QuestingBeast I'd assume Alorei would be familiar with at least all the Shields and maybe the more outgoing Helmets/Swordhands. She likes going down to the Red Knight barracks and she loves to hear their stories. From what RP's already happened, it sounds like Bernard likes to tell stories, so I'm sure she's happily listened to some of yours in the past. :P So, in short, I'd say she's definitely familiar with you, and I doubt he's gotten the impression she's annoyed by his enthusiasm, but the only interaction they're likely to have had is in group settings so I'm not sure they'd really have a friendship per se.

Yet!

QuestingBeast said:
Hmm, I'd like to leave it up to the Royals whether their character has any friendship with Bernard. The guy's obviously open and enthusiastic for it, so it comes down to whether the Royals'd be annoyed by him, pfft.

So Ardyn (the Bride) will probably have known Bernard her entire life given that she was raised with the royal family. She'll most likely pester him with questions about the outside world b/c she wants to know what life is like beyond the castle walls, especially after she finds out that she was taken from her family, so she'll be curious as to what her life would have been. She'll probably turn more cautious when she finds out that Bernard plays a role in torturing the prisoners, but depending on how he treats her and what their relationship is like, she may not it obvious

Sounds good, thanks.

Semblance said:
So Ardyn (the Bride) will probably have known Bernard her entire life given that she was raised with the royal family. She'll most likely pester him with questions about the outside world b/c she wants to know what life is like beyond the castle walls, especially after she finds out that she was taken from her family, so she'll be curious as to what her life would have been.
I like the idea of him playing tales-spinner for her. Finally, someone who likes to have their ear talked off! Heh. No doubt some dull times were alleviated with unnecessarily drawn-out stories.

Semblance said:
She'll probably turn more cautious when she finds out that Bernard plays a role in torturing the prisoners, but depending on how he treats her and what their relationship is like, she may not it obvious
Aye, he'd never dig if he noticed something's up. Bernard respects her position too much. He may also have misinterpreted her caution for disgust at his bloodied hands, and be glad for it.

Of course, if she ever asked him not speak on the matter, he'd do so in a heartbeat, too.

Was bored and decided to make a Crow post. No real progress was made and reading can be skipped

QuestingBeast said:

Sorry I just checked this thread haha

I could see him and Hewyn getting drinks together. Hewyn would definitely like how Bernard can take and dish out pain and smile to it, probably fun to spar with!

They also look pretty similar. Hewyn's probably just like "he's a prettier less awful version of me".

Can I just commend everyone in this group, and of course @FloatingAroundSpace , for how responsive everyone is with this role play?! Y'all are so good at responses and planning, cooperation, and kindness. It's really an awesome group here. Even those my characters haven't interacted with yet are showing such great patience and cooperation. I really like this group and the role play.

As a fellow GM/role player, it is very hard to find a beautiful Detailed world. :)

Love love!

It is nice that it's moving along fairly quickly. No one is particularly behind and everyone seems very attentive. All the factions have a sort of game plan (kinda-maybe) and it's great! xD

@Church418 @QuestingBeast

While you guys are sparring don't worry about waiting for me in the posting order, just have at it. I know combat tends to take a lot of talk for not a lot of time, and I doubt I'll have anything interesting to add in the meantime if she's just watching. I'll interject if I have anything relevant to contribute.

@raspberryrose @Wandering Hollow

On a related note, if either of you wanna interact while Alorei waits for the spar to finish, feel free :) I'm not sure if Alfred is right there or not, but I'm sure she knows him and would probably talk to him if he was close by. Tristan I'm not sure she'd recognize unless you think there's a reason she would, Raspberry. Not that that means we can't talk, just wanna make sure I have the context of their conversation right ^^

@Irianne

hmm Tristan finds what the Royals do, as well as the Crows, distasteful and needlessly violent (which is hypocritical considering what he is), however, he definitely likes the princes and princess more than the king. Normally, he wouldn't interact very much with them but if I let that happen, than he would ultimately end up useless so there's that. He would definitely know her though, simply because of who she is.

As for some sort of history, I imagine that since he's fairly high up on the Swordhand food chain (ranking?), he's occasionally taken missions from the king in lieu of the captain if the captain was busy or already on a mission or something. It would give him a reason to have met the king as well as meet any other royals on his way back to the compound or out to the mission. If nothing else, he would probably approach her out of sheer politeness, especially since she's not looking to fight him.

He might have also met some of the royals when he was younger and was being punished for rebelling.

edit// Tristan mainly just assumes that the royals don't know him, so even if your character does, he just thinks of himself as a face in the crowd and doesn't think that anyone really bothers to remember him except as a Swordhand. (lol, it definitely makes it easier for introductions)

I've a final project due tomorrow and I'm hardly half done. If I manage to magically finish it ahead of time, I'll be able to post, but unless such magic occurs, I'll expect to post by Monday night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back