• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Color Of Royalty OOC Chat

@Bunny

Dear lord, I just realized I had forgotten to ping you. I'm so sorry. The RP has started if you want to throw up your first post! Once again, sorry about that somehow I skimmed over your app. >.<

FloatingAroundSpace said:
@Bunny
Dear lord, I just realized I had forgotten to ping you. I'm so sorry. The RP has started if you want to throw up your first post! Once again, sorry about that somehow I skimmed over your app. >.<
WHAT

Will post... Soon hopefully... But don't hold me to that too much... Finals coming up, along with state testing so I'm a tad preoccupied with that and it's taking up my time. Shall try to get a post out if I can sometime soon, to give at least some crows something to react to.

Last edited by a moderator:
haha, I can speak and understand Mandarin but reading and writing it is a lost cause for me. I'm EST as well but I have school so I'll tend to reply after 4. Probably around once a day, maybe more on the weekends.

@FloatingAroundSpace, for the Red Knight Compound, what buildings are there? Can you sort of describe the area for me? Also, more of a general question, what would the place that they trained be called; The courtyard, the training field, the training courtyard?? Just, I'm not too well versed in the medieval terminology of things so bear with my ignorance.

@raspberryrose

You came to the wrong person for medieval terminology whoo nelly.

For the compound, it's very simple. It's a walled-in-courtyard of sorts that contains three main buildings; the barracks where they sleep, the mess hall where they eat, and the armory where they have their armor and their weapons. The courtyard is next to the castle and connected to it so that the royals can go out and watch the Knights train. One wall of the courtyard is the actual castle and on the opposite side of that wall is the barracks, basically like a two-story stone building where they sleep. It's sparsely furnished and the outhouse is right next to it (and the rookies get the rooms right next to them lol). On opposite sides are the armory and the mess hall, the mess hall I described in the first post, the armory another stone building where all the weapons are kept. Everywhere else is plain, patchy grass where they train and wrestle and whatnot out of sheer boredom most of the time.

Questing, let me know when you're ready to begin. Daniel's on his way, but I can have him get distracted by something if you still want to continue the conversation at your table.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Raspy made a nice bridge for exiting the scene, so once Wandering Hollow makes his post, Bernard can head over to the training grounds and maybe get a few hits in with Alfred.

Though, perhaps there'd be an instructor there already, preparing the Red Knights to spar with the prince, since he sent word ahead and all?

QuestingBeast said:
Thanks. Raspy made a nice bridge for exiting the scene, so once Wandering Hollow makes his post, Bernard can head over to the training grounds and maybe get a few hits in with Alfred.
Though, perhaps there'd be an instructor there already, preparing the Red Knights to spar with the prince, since he sent word ahead and all?
Marcus Burthael is a Shield Captain and long time mentor of Daniel's. I'll have him go directly to the training grounds to exchange pleasantries.

@FloatingAroundSpace

Hey, do shields get assigned as bodyguards for a royal or do they rotate who they watch and manage events and keep tabs on certain people too? Is there any investigative aspect to the job or do they for the most part simply stay near to the royal they're assigned?

Just trying to get a handle on how well Bernard would know all of them. Or if I'd have to figure out which one he's been assigned to guard, which would mean he'd only know the rest secondhand.

@QuestingBeast

Shields are mostly bodyguards for the royal family. They don't have to stay near the royal, they may cover exists and entrances and roam about in case some crafty citizen tries to slip away. I would assume Shield Captains are the ones that are placed near the entrances and exists and the younger, sprier Shields are guarding the Royals specifically unless there is a Captain that is a personal request from a royal.

As for how they are assigned, it depends on several things I would think. It would depend on how trusting the Royals are of the Shield in question. If, for example, they were a bit of a tough nut to crack when they first were being trained and raised, they will most likely not be used as a bodyguard very often. Given that anyone especially resistance would have been... dealt with, most of the Shields are complacent. As such, unless there is a personal preference among royals, they would just go in shifts, yes.

The older you are, the further away you get from the Royals because it's assumed you're slower and going to choke soon.

As for down times, they would be given similar roles to the Helmets and would tag after certain suspicious people. Given their size and girth, they would be sent after high-priority people and would be given the order to kill if necessary, though I doubt many times it would dissolve into that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back