• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Butterfly Effect.

Will you join in this deathly dance?

• Metamorphosis: I shall.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caterpillar: I shall not.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rosaline Lester

{The Dragonfly}

25pod5h.jpg

[media]

[/media]

Rosaline's eyes brightened as Mordecai descended the staircase and approached her of his own volition. Before, he had looked so ragged, so desperate to escape; now, although still visibly on edge, he appeared stronger and more resolute. That was good. It pained Rosaline, what she needed to do to ensure his submission to her will. It really did. She absolutely despised having to manipulate and hurt him in such a way, but in the end it was for his own safety, although he would most likely never accept or understand that fact. No matter how hard he tried to force her away, though, she would never give up on him. On the contrary, she would fight back tenfold. To see that her brother still had some strength left in him was truly uplifting. The only disheartening part was the source of that strength: that infernal psychiatrist. How easily she had been able to gain Mordecai's trust was infinitely infuriating, and Rosaline, for the life of her, was determined to let him fall for her deceptive charms no longer. Even if he couldn't, she could see the danger brewing beneath Iris's well-mannered surface, and she would gladly die before she let him suffer any further injury at her hands.

"You're looking much better," she observed with a gentle smile as he sat, perching on the far end of the couch. "I'm glad to see it. You know I don't enjoy frightening you, right?"

Mordecai, in response to this, merely scoffed in derision. To be expected, of course.

"How arrogant of you to assume that I am intimidated by you."

Why did he have to be so defensive? The lie was quite transparent - she had seen the look on his face when he practically bolted from the room. He certainly was resilient, she had to give him that. Rosaline heaved a heavy sigh at the thought. Why, oh why couldn't he just quit already? Why did he always have to make things so complicated?

"Look, I'm sorry about the house. And for breaking into your office. But I just thought that you would be more comfortable in a familiar setting. That's all I want, Mordecai. For you to be safe and content. I've said it before, and I'll say again a million times over. If you think I'm lying to you, I want you to tell me so. Look into my eyes and tell me that I'm lying."

Her brother didn't even miss a beat.

"I am fully aware that you are speaking the entire truth, as you believe it to be. What you fail to realize, dear sister, is that I am already perfectly safe and content with another woman. Or, more accurately, what you fail to accept."

The words didn't hurt, as they once had. They were meant as a method of self-defense, like a trapped animal baring its fangs, and she brushed them aside as if they were nothing but air. He was simply misguided, the poor man. Besides which, there was another, very important matter at hand. While Rosaline would have liked to say that she was not at all suspicious of the fact that the other two women had taken their leave together, but such would have been nothing but falsehood. In addition, the words which had been exchanged between her brother and Iris on the floor above deeply worried her. What exactly had he told her? Why was there a need for her to speak to the detective in private? Rosaline was determined to find out.

Before her brother had the time to react, she was moving closer to him. Closer and closer, to the extent that she was practically sitting in his lap.

"Listen to me carefully, Mordecai. I need to know exactly what you told Iris upstairs. It's for your own safety, and for hers. You remember what I told you, don't you? You wouldn't want anything bad to happen, would you?"

Despite the ominous implications of her words, her voice was sweet as honey, her eyes as soft as daylight. With one gentle hand, she caressed the side of his face. The other, she let rest upon his thigh. They were close. So very close. Her heartbeat sped up without any hint of a warning as she gazed into his eyes. His beautiful, terrified blue eyes. He would have to tell her. He had no other choice. She truly hated to manipulate him in such a way, that was stil very, entirely true.

But damn, was he breathtaking.

NimbusTheCat said:
Pls do.
Erase my sins.

*frantically washes incest off of hands*
I am dead serious.

She's dead.

If she doesn't move before Iris comes back, she's getting strangled.

Legit choked.

Annabella said:
I am dead serious.
She's dead.

If she doesn't move before Iris comes back, she's getting strangled.

Legit choked.
I wish to see this happen. xD

I hate myself so much right now.

|Iris Mason|

-The Caterpillar-

Kerry-Washington-%E2%80%93-Scandal.jpg

"I'll kill her."
Soko

Theme Song||I'll Kill Here: Soko

{I thought this fit Rosaline more but since Iris is quite salty at the moment, it'll do.}

She wasn't going to do it.

She definitely was not going to resort to violence.

It was barbaric, it was animalistic, it was unwarranted--

Iris was going to strangle Rosaline Lester, her and Iroya had negotiated out a few terms which would be relayed to Mordecai when Iris was able to form a coherent sentence. The woman stood by, sensing the presence of Hernandez behind her but not daring to look back in fear that the woman would know everything merely by the expression on her face. She watched as Rosaline slid over towards Mordecai and cupped his cheek as if
he was her lover, she had only heard half of the conversation but it really didn't matter. One person was not going to live to see the next day and Iris was intent on making that happen.

Breathe.

She needed to breathe, this was highly unprofessional and it was certainly not needed however Iris wanted to place her hands around Rosaline's neck and squeeze tightly enough until her circulation was cut off..if only for a brief moment. Slowly, the woman stepped forward from her hiding spot and the calculating expression on her face possibly told it all but she found that she could not care at all in that moment. The terrified look on Mordecai's face was enough to expand the rage growing inside of her and the psychologist's hands flexed for a split second before speaking. "I was patient with you, Rosaline. I can't understand what makes you such a bitch but I am trying to..with that said, I apologize for what I am about to do."

Without a second thought, Iris sprinted the distance and grabbed a handful of Rosaline's hair. This part would be easy if she timed it right and she narrowly missed Iroya before nearly ripping out the girl's hair as she tugged and yanked her out of her seat. What came next was going to be regretted, Iris brought her foot up and connected it with Rosaline's side, being pulled down by something before raining blows upon the girl.

She was going to regret this.

She really was.

She didn't give a shit at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mordecai Lester

{The Butterfly}

33wmcs4.jpg

What...what was she doing?

Oh.

Oh, God.

Rosaline moved quickly, so much so that by the time Mordecai's brain had registered the basic instinct to flee, she was already leaning over him, her hand softly caressing his cheek. Her touch seared his skin, as if he were being branded by the impurity of the intention of her flesh touching his. He could feel her breath on his face, warm and unsteady, and it set off an uncomfortable prickling sensation under his skin, as if thousands of tiny insects were trying to dig their way out. Insects that she herself had buried within him the last time they had met. And just as before, it was the feeling of her other hand trailing along his thigh that sent him over the edge. Trembling. Oh God, he was trembling. He couldn't stop. It all just felt so sick, and horrible, and wrong. Then there came the sound of her voice. So soft, and sweet and deceptive. In his petrified state, he registered the implications of her bone-chilling words, but could not bring himself to speak.

He had tried. He had tried so hard not to be frightened of her. After all, she was only human. What had he to fear from humans? Each was just as fragile and susceptible to manipulation as the next, and so Rosaline should have been no exception. But she was. In the end, no matter what amount of logic Iris and himself had been able to apply to the situation, the fact remained that Rosaline Lester had a hold on her brother. Encroaching upon his personal property had only been the first step. Now, by destroying what was left of his personal space, she shattered every bit of his resolve. He was pathetic, absolutely-

The following events happened so quickly that Mordecai scarcely had time to register them. Footsteps in the hallway were followed by the sound of Iris's voice, and the next thing he knew the air above was clear. His sister was no longer looking down on him; rather, she was on the floor, completely at the mercy an exceptionally irate psychiatrist. Mordecai shot to his feet, but could bring himself to move no further. The wrath of Iris Mason was a paralyzing thing. Never before had he seen her like this. Never. It wasn't as if the violence of her actions bothered him - not he who was naturally prone to hurt and maim. Rather, as he watched his previous notions of her being totally obliterated before his very eyes, with each and every blow that she dealt to her helpless victim, he found himself feeling oddly...proud. Proud that he'd had the fortune of attracting such a strong and fearsome woman. Then foolish that he was forced to depend upon her to rescue him from his very own sister. And then, finally, when he noticed the telltale stain of red running down his sister's cheek, suddenly concerned. She wasn't going to stop. At this rate, she was bound to kill the woman unless someone stopped her.
He had to stop her, before she did something that she would regret. It was then that he forced himself to move, reaching down to wrap his arms around her waist and pull her away from her bloodied target. Adrenaline had completely dissolved every ounce of his fear.

"Love...love, it's alright! You can stop now! You've more than made your point!"

Annabella said:
HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS FUNNY BUT I SUDDENLY FEEL LIKE I MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE AND DIDN'T NOTICE IT

NimbusTheCat said:
I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS FUNNY BUT I SUDDENLY FEEL LIKE I MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE AND DIDN'T NOTICE IT
NO, IT WASN'T A MISTAKE.

I'M NOT LAUGHING AT YOU, I'M JUST PICTURING THE LOOK ON IROYA'S AND MORDECAI'S FACE.

Annabella said:
NO, IT WASN'T A MISTAKE.
I'M NOT LAUGHING AT YOU, I'M JUST PICTURING THE LOOK ON IROYA'S AND MORDECAI'S FACE.
OOOOOOOHHHHH MY GOSH.

NOW I AM TOO.

AND I AM DYING.

Annabella said:
OH MY GOD, I FEEL SO BAD FOR ROSALINE.
OH MAN.

DAMN.

HAHAHAHAHA..

Iroya:

damn_girl_psych.gif

Mordecai:

well-damn-gif.gif
DO NOT FEEL BAD. CHICK DESERVED IT.

HOLY SHIT.

THESE IMAGES ARE PERFECT.

WHY. xD

||Iris Mason||

||The Caterpillar||

Kerry-Washington-–-Scandal.jpg

{Fucking cute ass picture of Cillian.}

One moment she was hovering above Rosaline and the next she was being pulled away, nearly clawing at the hands around her in an effort to escape before realizing that it was Mordecai and that it wouldn't be civilized. Of course, she had ruined any facade of civilized. Her mature nature had just been tossed out of the window and she was sure that it was not returning, the woman relaxed as she leaned into Mordecai before wincing as Iroya quickly made her way towards Rosaline and propped her up not without shooting a piercing glare towards Iris. The psychologist quickly stood, gently removing herself from Mordecai's grip before wiping her hands on her suit.

This was certainly not how she had planned the evening to go and Iris winced at the sudden guilt which coiled in her stomach, flinching as Iroya turned her gaze on the woman, her mouth opening before closing again.
"Ms. Lester, are you alright?" Iris couldn't bare to look at the girl, receding before clasping Mordecai's elbow for some form of support. She had just attacked a woman who did not deserve it and the fact that she had allowed her anger to get the best of her was appalling. It had just happened, a brief moment of anger before Iris was unable to hold back on getting physical.

She had not only attacked Rosaline, she had harmed her. The hand on Mordecai's elbow tightened as she looked at him, a disgusted expression on her face as she replayed the image of her pulling Rosaline off of Mordecai in her head.

Mordecai Lester

{The Butterfly}

33wmcs4.jpg

Mordecai exhaled deeply, his heart rate slowly evening out as Iris finally relaxed into his grasp. He watched in awed silence as Iroya helped his sister to her feet. Rosaline looked as if she had been hit by a small truck. A steady stream of red poured from her nose. The rest of her face was marked will smaller lacerations. Blood smears obscured her features, and she staggered into Iroya as she stood. It wasn't as terrible as it looked, of course; facial wounds were merely prone to bleeding more than expected. Even so, Mordecai knew that, as her brother, he should have felt bad for her. In the very least, he should have been compelled to assist her. But he wasn't. Not after what she had done. Instead, he felt light, and airy. A wide grin spread over his face, and he actually had to consciously hold back the childish laughter that was bubbling up in his throat. This sudden change of mood was most likely the product of minor hysteria at having experienced too many jarring alterations of emotion in such a short period of time, but it felt so much better than his earlier terror that Mordecai could not bring himself to care.

The man was shocked, however, to note the expression of disgust upon Iris's face as she clung to his elbow for stability. Was she honestly feeling remorse for having attacked such an insufferable woman? A sudden, harsh pang shot through his heart. Iris truly was the kindest of souls, despite the violent, relentless side that she had just portrayed, and to see her put herself down over scum like Rosaline Lester was an absolute sin in itself. Gently, he rubbed comforting circles into her back, his eyes conveying his strong belief that she wasn't at fault, not missing the look of utter betrayal that Rosaline sent his way as he did so. The woman in question radiated an aura of utter defeat as she turned to Iroya once more.

"I'll be ok, thank you. Just...just go. All of you. Please."

She didn't need to tell Mordecai twice. Without giving his sister a second glance, he ushered Iris towards the door with a gentle, "Come, dear." This was far from over, of that he was sure, but it would be a good while before his sister tried anything else.

Except maybe suing on a charge of assault. That, he hadn't thought of.

||Iris Mason||

||The Caterpillar||

proxy.php

The grin on Mordecai's face.

The sudden deflation of Rosaline.

The disappointed look on Iroya's face.

All of this and more made Iris feel suddenly pathetic, she felt as if her skin no longer fit and could not fight the urge to run out of the room, walking as quickly as she could in her need to leave; she knew that Iroya had to ask if Rosaline wished to press charges and Iris believed that she deserved it if Rosaline said yes. She quietly assured herself that the woman was touching Mordecai when he clearly did not want it and yet, she couldn't quite convince herself of anything at the moment. Iris was silently grateful for the cold gust of air that welcomed her as she rushed outside, nearly sprinting towards the car before wrenching the car door open and climbing inside. Closing it behind her, Iris stared down at her hands before sucking in a shaky breath and clutching her head in her hands.

That was not okay. She had done what her mother would do, she had resorted to using her hands..her hands. It didn't help that Rosaline hadn't fought back, the woman hadn't even tried to after Iroya helped her up, and Iris couldn't possibly understand why she had done such a thing. She would never do it again, it would never happen again..the need to make Mordecai feel secure had escalated and now Iris was thoroughly wondering to what extent she would go to for the man.

'You'd kill for him.' Iris knew that the thought wasn't false, if given the chance, if he ever asked then she could easily succumb to his wishes and that wasn't good. It wasn't good at all. Her morals were disillusioned as of now and she was shaken up, it wasn't good..none of it was. Iris waited for Mordecai, she would apologize to him..maybe Rosaline could somehow hear it.

Well, my heart definitely isn't broken.

And I definitely don't have another Keaton Henson song for the next post.

But also.

Oh fuck.

I have a horrid idea.

Angst central up in here.

I feel terrible for Rosaline.

NimbusTheCat said:
Well, my heart definitely isn't broken.
And I definitely don't have another Keaton Henson song for the next post.

But also.

Oh fuck.

I have a horrid idea.

Angst central up in here.

I feel terrible for Rosaline.
I swear to God, Benedict Cumberbatch should make her feel better..

Oh no..

OH NO.

OH NO.

I FEEL HORRID.

Annabella said:
I swear to God, Benedict Cumberbatch should make her feel better..
Oh no..

OH NO.

OH NO.

I FEEL HORRID.
DO NOT FEEL HORRID.

IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT.

IT IS THE ANGST.

IT CONSUMES US BOTH.

It will have to happen after they all leave.

Benedict is gonna have some heavy shit to deal with if he decides to show up, let me tell you.

NimbusTheCat said:
DO NOT FEEL HORRID.
IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT.

IT IS THE ANGST.

IT CONSUMES US BOTH.

It will have to happen after they all leave.

Benedict is gonna have some heavy shit to deal with if he decides to show up, let me tell you.
WE MUST NOT SUCCUMB TO IT.

*Clings to you as angst fills the room*

Oh, damn.

Let me just--

Oh God. My heart hurts for her.

Annabella said:
WE MUST NOT SUCCUMB TO IT.
*Clings to you as angst fills the room*

Oh, damn.

Let me just--

Oh God. My heart hurts for her.
*screams and latches onto you as the angst reaches chest height for me but probably like waist height for you* WE'RE GONNA DIE.

I am trying so hard to dislike her but IT JUST ISN'T WORKING.

I have decided that she won't press charges.

But.

Ugh.

Angst

Users who are viewing this thread

Back