• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tale of Two Survivors { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Alexander Brennan
Former Seraphite | 19 | Current location ;; Washington

Alex smiled and nodded. “Thank you.” Alex said as he chuckled hearing that. “In a few hours, I will find you a nice bed that we can rest on.” Alex told him, starting to walk once more, squeezing his hand. He would never lie to Nate, he’d never do what Carlos was going to do. They were one. Guiding light and Medic. Medicine Man and Monkey Man. Nate and Alex. He led them onwards, to Oregon.

Nathaniel Matthews
Former Firefly| 21 | Current location ;; Washington

Nate let out a breath he had not been holding. He smiled at the trees, because for just a moment, things were good. Good enough for now. Good enough for the next few hours he hoped. “I’m going to hold you to that.” He preferred beds but he would sleep on the forest floor if that was the answer. He would follow Alex anywhere. Alex trusted Nate like Nate trusted him. “I would like a nice, squishy pillow too. And one of those really soft comforters.” He would ride this better feeling for now.

Alexander Brennan

Alex looked at him, and shook his head with a grin. “Okay. You can hold me to it.” He said. He gently swung their hands as they walked, before his attention was turned to Nate once more. “Oh? You just want everything don’t you? Very needy you are.” Alex said as he laughed, enjoying this moment. He knew that the further they walked, the closer they’d get to Oregon and maybe a town at the border. Probably not as good as the abandoned one but hopefully one with at least one apartment or hotel room with a nice bed. Alex would never admit it, but he was starting to prefer beds to the ground as well.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate nodded. “I have many wants and needs,” he joked. “Would you like to hear the rest of them?” He asked as they moved. The more he talked, the more it was distracting. He wanted to stay in that distraction. “Of course you do. One of those fluffy carpets that some of those places have. And with all those fancy amenities we can’t use.” He smacked a hand down on his leg. “Oh, you know what I want? Pajamas. Clothes that are comfier to sleep in. Think you can do all that for me?”

Alexander Brennan

Alex chuckled as he arched an eyebrow. “Is that so?” He asked as he listened, hearing Nate and laughed softly at what he said. He listened closely and then tilted his head a little. “Maybe in our farmhouse we can have different clothes for different things. Sleeping, fancy feasts, exploring, farming.” Alex said as he nodded. “I will try and do all of that for you.” Alex told him with a serious face before he broke and smiled wide. “I would love to have comfy clothes to sleep in.” He added wistfully.

Nathaniel Matthews

“Ben just slept mostly naked,” Nate told him. “He said clothes were uncomfortable so he just didn’t wear them. He kept his underwear on because I didn’t want to see that.” He really did miss pajamas. Sometimes, when they were back at the base instead of traveling around, they got away with having night clothes. But mostly they didn’t. Mostly he had to sleep with his normal clothes on. He kissed Alex’s cheek. “I appreciate everything you do for me. Even if it’s silly and in our fantasy world.”

Last edited:
Alexander Brennan

Alex listened to Nate and nodded. “I had a nightdress that I slept in. We all had similar clothes and that included sleeping clothes.“ Alex said as he noticed the trees thinning up ahead. “I’ll do whatever I can for you. And try to make as much of what you want happen.“ Alex told him as they approached the edge of the forest. Up ahead was a town and Alex sighed. “Let’s go find somewhere with a comfy bed for the night?“ Alex said, looking at the town ahead of them.

Last edited:
Nathaniel Matthews

Nightdresses were not so much things that Nate had much experience with because everyone had to be practical and whatever back at base. They seemed practical enough, but he never had them. It was slightly looser pants for him. He eyed the coming town and smiled. “Yes, please.” He gripped Alex’s hand tighter as they neared the small town. Thank goodness it wasn’t a city. He would rather sleep in the forest. He would rather not sleep. The cities were only full of tragedy. Not to say that small towns weren’t. He found plenty of horrible things in them. He could share too many sad stories. As they approached, he scanned the area, though his tired eyes were struggling to spot anything. It looked clear though. Now they had to find a building suitable for his oh so many needs.

Alexander Brennan
Former Seraphite | 19 | Current location ;; Oregon

As they neared, he felt Nate hold his hand tighter and he squeezed it back. As they walked to the town, he glanced at the sign near the first building. “Huckins Oregon. Well. At least we’re out of Washington.” Alex said as he looked around. He didn’t hear anything as he walked forward but he kept his voice quiet. He nudged Nate’s side and pointed with his free hand. Up ahead and to their right was a three story building that looked like a small hotel or something similar. Let’s check it out.

Nathaniel Matthews
Former Firefly| 21 | Current location ;; Oregon

Goodbye Washington for the rest of their lives. Hello Oregon, may that treat them better. As they neared the three story building. Nate looked around. They were passing little buildings like a coffee shop and a post office. He was pretty sure that was a book store on the other end. This building he hoped was apartments. Apartments were usually comfier, but he had a feeling it was a hotel. It had the sameness that came with hotels. He nudged open the front door and held it open for Alex before quietly closing it behind them.

Alexander Brennan

Alex walked with Nate to the building, stepping inside and looking around. “Clear.” He whispered as he moved by the front desk. A few doors laid near it, one was stairs, and the other two could be offices or supply closets. Alex looked at Nate. “Check the first floor and find a place to rest or go up?” He asked.

Nathaniel Matthews

The first floor usually did well for them. Besides, be was not sure that he was in the mood for navigating too much of any building right now. “First floor should do fine,” he whispered as he scanned the area. Being a smaller town, this building was of course in disrepair but did not look like it was absolutely falling apart like some of the places in larger cities. He did not see any signs of growing infection. That was a good sign. He led them down what felt like the first hall leading towards the hotel rooms. This place was probably set up much like a box, because it was so small. They would have a handful of rooms this first stretch and this is would likely have rooms around the perimeter of the building. That means there were plenty to check. Thankfully it was a hotel and all the rooms were inside the building.

Alexander Brennan

Alex looked around at the interior of the hotel and while it was in disrepair, it was better than some places in the bigger cities. “Okay.” Alex whispered back as he followed down the first hall, looking around and listening. Alex paused at the first door and the end of the hallway and listened. Silence. He tried the door, and it swung open. Slowly Alex walked inside, glancing around and listening. Empty. And this room, while it had boarded up windows and could use a new paint job, was in rather good condition. He moved in further and looked back at Nate. They could stop here or check a few more rooms first. But this one seemed good enough for the night to him.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate was more than happy to go with the first room that seemed safe enough. He was so tired of searching and fighting. Their farmhouse could not come fast enough. As soon as he saw that this room was clear of the many dangers that came with the world, he nodded with a “It’s perfect for now,” and closed the door. The lock was one of those old world ones he had yet to really figure out, especially because it appeared to not be working anymore, so he grabbed the chair from the little round desk at the other end of the hotel room and shoved the back underneath the door handle. He was not especially worried about anyone coming in, but he did not want to take the risk. “Okay. Secured. He dropped his pack and sat on the bed with a heavy thump.

Alexander Brennan

Alex heard Nate and he dropped his pack near the beat up couch, and pulled his jacket off, letting it sit on his pack. He was tired, he needed more than a night to rest. He looked over when he heard Nate and nodded with a sigh as he walked over to the bed and sat beside him. Alex wrapped an arm around his shoulder and just sat there for a minute. "I think we need to take a day. Perhaps we stay in bed tomorrow and just relax." He suggested, there was nothing forcing them to move as fast as they could, this town was simple and quiet, and he thought they could use it. "What do you think? We can keep moving on tomorrow if you want."

Nathaniel Matthews

The last do nothing day they had was such a good day. They just wallowed and goofed off in a forest without any problems at all. Well, aside from the part where they were hurting pretty badly which was why they had said do nothing day. They could use another. They had no urgency anymore. They had nowhere they absolutely needed to get to. No more mission. They only had a dream, and that dream was not something that had to be done tomorrow. “Yeah, maybe we don’t go anywhere too fast.” Nate leaned his head against Alex’s shoulder. “Just you and me doing nothing. I like that.” He closed his eyes and breathed in the slowness of the moment. “Alright, now show me what I did to you.”

Alexander Brennan

Their mission was over, all that was left was a dream. A farmhouse that they'd find, eventually. They needed a day off, a chance to enjoy each other and relax. Alex's eyes flicked to the side as he felt Nate's head on his shoulder. "Just you and me." Alex agreed, before he sighed, hearing Nate and he nodded. "Okay, I can do that." Alex told him, gently moving Nate's head off his shoulder and he pulled off his shirt. The boarded up windows still had enough holes to let in a good amount of the fading light. Alex shifted so he was sideways on the bed, back facing Nate and a knee up on the bed.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate did not want to look. He was terrified of looking. He already knew what he would see, and he could see it all without ever actually looking at it. His memory was clear enough. But as Alex removed his shirt again, Nate realized that no, his memory was not that clear. His memory was kind to him. It was so much worse in person. He ran gentle fingers around the wounds that he could see. He slowly unwrapped everything he did before. It was a poor job anyway. Then he got up and moved to the other side to see the damage to the front. “Did they go any lower? Did they hurt your legs too?” He saw some of those poor prisoners when they were letting them out. Not all were lucky enough to get away with pain only on the top.

Alexander Brennan

Alex felt gentle fingers around his wounds, and he felt Nate unwrap what he'd done prior. Alex looked at him when he came around to the front and he sighed. "Yes." Alex admitted, shifting so he could sit back on the bed and he pulled his pant legs up. "They started with my ankles and lower legs because they saw I had prior wounds there. But they didn't go past my knees, they didn't have a chance to." Alex said, showing both lower legs littered with cuts and a few bruises.

Nathaniel Matthews

If it was this painful to look at, Nate could only imagine how it actually felt. “I am so sorry,” Nate repeated for what might have been the millionth time. He was just so sorry. He hated that this was what happened. He could feel himself slipping again. He did not have time for that. “Talk to me. About anything. Like with Carlos except this time you’re distracting me.” Because he was self aware enough to know that was what he needed. He pulled his bag closer and opened it up, grabbing every medical supply he had, and then he started again with steadier hands. He just hoped they would stay that way.

Alexander Brennan

Alex hated hearing Nate say he was sorry, because it wasn't his fault. But he was realizing that was just going to happen. Alex looked at Nate and nodded. "Okay. So you know how I'm such a great shot with the bow? It took a while before I got that good. I remember when I first picked up a bow, my fingers kept slipping off the string, and one time, I went to fire the arrow and instead of hitting the tree, it lodged in a house a few feet to the side and a hundred yards past the tree. The owner came out and I ended up having to spend the entire afternoon helping her out around her house as punishment. It wasn't my best day I'll admit. And it really got worse before it got better. I almost shot Yara a couple times too when we were working together." Alex started talking, remembering the comments from Yara that bows weren't that hard, and to eleven year old Alex, they were harder to master than he thought they would be. "My magical aim came about a year later after I spent so much time working on shooting it."

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate had never been much of one to multitask, because he loved to completely focus on one thing to the best of his ability. However, he knew that his mind would wander, and he appreciated Alex. He let his mind view the world of a young Alex trying to learn the bow as Nate’s hands moved from one cut to the next. He recleaned each of them, carefully working to clear out any dirt and grime. “What did you do to become better at it? What did you shoot for practice?” Once everything on his back was cleaned, he began on his chest and then eventually moved down to his legs. His legs.

Alexander Brennan

Alex let his words cover the pain he felt when Nate cleaned his wounds. He focused on the story rather than what was happening. “I would take the bow at dusk after training and go to the training grounds. I’d use a torch to light everything up. It took a year of both training and late night training but it was very helpful.” Alex said, looking at Nate as he started on his legs. “It was definitely a lot of hard work and long days. But I was determined to be good at using it and I am now.” Alex admitted with a sheepish laugh.

Nathaniel Matthews

Now that everything was cleaned once again, or finally since his work was so sloppy the night before, he began on wrapping what could be wrapped. He only had so much. Thankfully they were so stocked from that perfect little town. “That you are,” Nate mused as he began to bandage the legs first. The legs were most important. “The best I have ever seen. And I have seen others use a bow. My mama was decent at it but she was better at a crossbow. ‘Course, she was best with a knife. I knew a guy a long time ago who fancied himself an archer. Called himself a Ranger in fact. He wasn’t anywhere near as good as you.” He moved to his back next. Second most important to use that bow. Finally he moved to his chest.

Last edited:
Alexander Brennan

Alex listened to Nate as he wrapped up his legs first. “A crossbow? I’ve never heard of that. But thank you, I appreciate that” Alex told him. He felt Nate wrap up his back after his legs. “I’ve never thought about being the best, but the bow was my favorite even if it took me a year to master it.” Alex said with a blush on his face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back