• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

SuperheroRP MermaidxNoob

Darren clenched his jaws as he took in the sight, and he gently turned Natasha towards the door again. "Go," he said, glancing back at Wade's blank stare. "I'll take care of this."

I stumbled out of the room and sat on the couch, staring blankly at a wall. My breathing was ragged and my hands shook.

Wade blinked and stared at the wall sullenly, seemingly oblivious to the other's reactions. Darren started forward tentatively but stopped when Wade's head snapped to look right at him. "You know," he started, red liquid dripping from his fingers. " As much as that hurt - my heart's not actually broken."

Darren stared at wade incredulously. "So you had to tear it out of yourself to check?!" Wade glared daggers at him, letting the organ drop to the floor with a sickening splash. "I grew another one...not that you'd care," the brunette answered dejectedly. "Hell, maybe I should try again -"

"- No." Darren gripped Wade by his wrist, stopping it from plunging into his chest again. Wade sighed and looked at his feet again, jerking his hand away as if Darren had burned him.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I thought about what I'd just seen, my stomach lurched. I stumbled to the bathroom, since my ribs were still healing. I fell down to my knees in front of the toilet and threw up.

"Don't touch me."

Darren scoffed at Wade's words.

"Really? You seemed damned fine with it earlier," he replied, grabbing a towel from the closet and using it to soak up the coppery smelling liquid. Wade crossed his arms and kicked himself away from the desk, looking very much inclined to break something. "It was your fault anyhow."

At this, Darren spun around, canines bared viciously. "My fault? How is this, in any part, my fault?" He stood and ran a hand through his hair in exasperation. "Seriously," Darren continued sarcastically. "I'd just love for you to explain, how I caused all of this."

"Last year, forth of July," Wade shot back pointedly, rendering the feral speechless and gaping for a retort. Finally, he shoved his hands in his pockets and turned away. "That didn't count and you know it."

Wade straightened at Darren's discomfort, his expression unreadable. " So," he began, his hands clenching the sides of the chair so hard his knuckles were white. "Can you honestly look me in the eye and tell that to my face."

Darren paused at Wade's question, visibly shaken. After a moment, he opened his mouth to answer when he heard the distinct sounds of retching echoing in the hallway. Taking the 'saved by the bell' moment, he shook his head and turned away again. "We'll talk later," he muttered before exiting the room and jogging down the hall to the bathroom.

He felt yet another pang of guilt as he found Nat slumped over the toilet, and he rubbed her back comfortingly.

I continued retching until my body couldn't take it anymore. My abdomen throbbed in pain and tears burned down my cheeks.

"Sorry you had to see that," he murmured. Darren helped her up, and looked at her stomach with a worried expression. "You need to lie down."

Darren shook his head. "Honey, you look like you're about to pass out. Just take the couch, and i'll get ice if ya need it."

Darren scoffed, slightly irritated. "I'm not going to let you order me to let you commit suicide, Natasha."

"Fine," he answered levelly, though his expression was rather choleric. He led her, without another word, outside.

He handed her the helmet and climbed on, going through his pocket looking for his keys.

He started the engine and looked back at her. "Seriously? Can't you at least be a little bit agreeable? I'd rather not have your stupid wounds on my body again!"

"I don't know how, but when you get hurt, so do I." He snapped. "Just - never mind." He turned back around and sped down the driveway.

Reluctantly, I wrapped my arms around him limply. My mind was racing with the day's events, and I found myself holding onto Darren tighter at the thought of almost having died and losing him.

Darren relaxed a bit when he felt her arms around him, and he sighed, letting the chilly night's wind blow through his hear as he drove toward base.

Once back on the helecarrier, he let her lean on her once again as he led her down the halls. "Do you want to go to the med bay, or would you rather just sleep it off?" He asked her. He wasn't particularly fond of the first option - the doctors would ask how she healed so quickly - but her safety came first.

Darren gave her a puzzled glance, but took her where she wanted to go. Once there, he raised his hand and knocked on the door twice.

Fury hurriedly opened the door. "Natasha? Where the hell have you been!?" he shouted. I winced slightly and opened my mouth to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back