• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Splicers - I Am Legion - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I'm not surprised you spotted spelling errors. You are quite percpetive.

Anyways, as I mentioned before consider Chaska signed up for "ChiefRybeck Kung Fu! Thanks, Bud!

I only wish Mirgris Mirgris and One of Hearts One of Hearts we're here to enjoy this too. =)

Just so everyone knows, for your next mission I am not going to have Mirgris Mirgris or One of Hearts One of Hearts with you starting out. With both of them being MIA for so long, I'm afraid that we may have lost them both. I am not kicking them out of the game, so if they come back and resume posting, they can jump back into things here no problem. Hopefully Real Life will give them a break and take it easy on them, whatever the situation is.

Me, too. They are both good people, and I would hate to hear that something bad has happened to them.
That's how I felt when I did my checks on them. Thank you for keeping them onboard. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Concerning the Shao-lin Kung Fu, let me see if I have the proper steps down for your game:

1. Trade in both level 2 and level 3 Skills (list both as "traded for Shao-lin Kung Fu" or the like).
2. Add in Attribute bonuses for level 1 Shao-lin Kung Fu.
3. Create a 3rd line of combat statistics (looking like this: 1st line - Chaska out of Host Armor using Zanji Shinjinken Ryu, 2nd line - Chaska out of Host Armor using Shao-lin, 3rd - line Chaska in Host Armor).
4. From here on out, Chaska is 3rd level in Zanji, his main style, and 2 levels behind that in Shao-lin.

Yes?

I updated Jin's Host Armor, I did not change anything out, but I did upgrade her eyes with the Enhanced Vision (Infraed, Ultraviolet, Thermo), and added three light cells.

Jin would be happy to train with the Chief....if anything it is an opportunity for her to legally beat him up. ;-)

Until I get clarification on how the Martial Arts bonuses and moves would interact...I probably will just keep her Jeet Kun Do....which wasn't Jeet Kun Do developed as an improvement over Kung Fu?

Until I get clarification on how the Martial Arts bonuses and moves would interact...I probably will just keep her Jeet Kun Do....which wasn't Jeet Kun Do developed as an improvement over Kung Fu?
Eonivar Eonivar If I may? I love the martial arts!

Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do (for some reason, folks forget to add the e at the end of "Kune," even in the Rifter!) began not from Shao-lin Kung Fu and its many animal-based styles, but Wing Chun Kung Fu which is a fast road to close-range self-defense. Think less practical techniques and flashy forms and more mostly-hand-based rapid combinations meant to end fights fast. =)

There's more where that came from if you're interested. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Concerning the Shao-lin Kung Fu, let me see if I have the proper steps down for your game:

1. Trade in both level 2 and level 3 Skills (list both as "traded for Shao-lin Kung Fu" or the like).
2. Add in Attribute bonuses for level 1 Shao-lin Kung Fu.
3. Create a 3rd line of combat statistics (looking like this: 1st line - Chaska out of Host Armor using Zanji Shinjinken Ryu, 2nd line - Chaska out of Host Armor using Shao-lin, 3rd - line Chaska in Host Armor).
4. From here on out, Chaska is 3rd level in Zanji, his main style, and 2 levels behind that in Shao-lin.

Yes?
You have it correct, my friend.
I updated Jin's Host Armor, I did not change anything out, but I did upgrade her eyes with the Enhanced Vision (Infraed, Ultraviolet, Thermo), and added three light cells.

Jin would be happy to train with the Chief....if anything it is an opportunity for her to legally beat him up. ;-)

If you don't want to give up your level 2 and 3 skills for this, you can always get the Body Building and Weight Lifting skill for free as you train with the Chief.

If you don't want to give up your level 2 and 3 skills for this, you can always get the Body Building and Weight Lifting skill for free as you train with the Chief.
Jin already has body building

Regarding the bonuses for the second martial art, you would get the physical increases, but you would not add the Kung Fu bonuses into your existing combat bonuses. They are separate, and should be recorded in a different stat block.

You have it correct, my friend.
Thank you, Bud! =)

I personally think this is more than win-win for Chaska, but... "win-win-win," as I hope my next statement provides. =)

1. Chaska gets to learn something very worthwhile from the Splicer he admires most (he's young and Chief Rybeck is his first living role model).

2. Sherwood is giving us a second martial art system for 50% its normal cost; they cost 4 Skills in his game and there are no other Skills that are screaming for Chaska to take - a benefit to having put the time and effort into making him well at 1st level, I think.

3. Zanji Shinjinken Ryu (a Japanese sword system created out of whole cloth by the ever-creative Erick Wujcik) is terrific when the user is armed and absolutely gimped when left unarmed! While Shao-lin Kung Fu would not be my first pick (it's more showy than I like, but I admire the hard work longtime practitioners put in to get that good at it), I think it is a grand alternative to what Chaska has when unarmed. =)

I do not want to exchange the two skills so I will just keep what she has. Everyone else can have fun with Ryback, she already knows the weight room pretty well. Jin will be training Acrobatics (the skill she learned at level 2) and learning the Vital Points skill for organics (what she picked up at level 3).

Eonivar Eonivar Since I was offering Body Building for free to the others, you can add on one Physical skill for free and add on something else for that skill slot.

Since I was offering Body Building for free to the others, you can add on one Physical skill for free and add on something else for that skill slot.
Oh ok...no problem...I will have Jin pick up Wrestling then. +12 SDC

Last edited:
So any officer in authority to her outside the mission made her uncomfortable.
Eonivar Eonivar I like how you put that! Jin doesn't trust officers she doesn't know/hasn't had experience with - that's wise in any military outfit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back