• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Splicers - I Am Legion - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I'm enjoying my day off of the new job. Hopefully you feel better soon!
Ah! So you did get a new job! Terrific! I hope you're enjoying the new job too.

Don't worry about me; I'm in the best possible hands - Kaerri's. =)

Everyone, please give me a Perception roll.
Chaska's Perception Modifier is +5. Woodstock's Perception modifier remains unknown.

Update: I'm still trying to figure out what Chaska thinks about all of this (but honestly, most of my game-brain is either tired or confused from trying to Respec O Mighty Fat Cat in Exalted. There's so much to consider! But I'm mostly recovered from being sick! Should be 100% by tomorrow. =) ).

Last edited:
Also, Psychie Psychie I know that you have some upgrades reduce your physical and energy damage taken by half. Any numbers I give you will be straight dice rolls and not cut in half, so you'll need to keep that in mind as I tell you what hits you take.

11 on the dice for a total of 19.
Sherwood Sherwood Thanks. =)

I'm having to adjust what I was going to post as you posted while I was putting it together. Sorry for the delay while I'm doing this. Plus, I'm still playing "catch-up" thanks to being sick as hell since last Saturday (glad that's gone!). Notes for our GM:

1. Side Kick Rifle(s), please. Jin didn't want one, four were available. Could Chaska carry the other two? Chemical Sprayer with Stick-Um for #1 and a clone of what Toni's carrying for #2? Feeling real underpowered here since Mirgris and One haven't been on in over a month, but I trust your sense of game balance.

2. How does a Mega upgrade (Core 107) work for a Chemical Sprayer with Stick-Um? Double-effectiveness instead of double-damage?

3. Not a gripe, just an observation. I'd ask for a Thud Gun, but it sounds like one needs W.P. Shotgun in order to use it and shotguns were the last thing I was thinking Chaska would use (his only gun-type W.P. is Heavy Bio-Weapons).

4. I still have the option of spending his and Woodstock's Bio-E, yes?

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood Thanks. =)

I'm having to adjust what I was going to post as you posted while I was putting it together. Sorry for the delay while I'm doing this. Plus, I'm still playing "catch-up" thanks to being sick as hell since last Saturday (glad that's gone!). Notes for our GM:

1. Side Kick Rifle(s), please. Jin didn't want one, four were available. Could Chaska carry the other two? Chemical Sprayer with Stick-Um for #1 and a clone of what Toni's carrying for #2? Feeling real underpowered here since Mirgris and One haven't been on in over a month, but I trust your sense of game balance.

2. How does a Mega upgrade (Core 107) work for a Chemical Sprayer with Stick-Um? Double-effectiveness instead of double-damage?

3. I'd ask for a Thud Gun, but it sounds like one needs W.P. Shotgun in order to use it and shotguns were the last thing I was thinking Chaska would use (his only gun-type W.P. is Heavy Bio-Weapons).

4. I still have the option of spending his and Woodstock's Bio-E, yes?
No worries at all, my friend.

1. I was wondering if someone would ask for the fourth Sidekick. lol Yes, you can take a second one. Just so I am clear, you want the Mega upgrade on a Super Light Cell cluster one, and a Chemical Sprayer using Stick-Um, also with a Mega upgrade? See #2.

2. To be honest, I don't think that the Mega upgrade will work with the Stick-Um shot. You can increase its range, add different chemical sprays to the Sidekick, or some other add-on for the fifty Bio-E.

3. Yes, it looks like the Thud Gun would use WP Shotgun.

4. Yes. All Bio-E points you gained over the last two levels can be spent before you left the Kraken.

Sherwood Sherwood Hmm. O.K.. Making some tough but well-researched decisions here. =)

EDIT: 5. Then both Side Kick's please, as described above. If my math is right, it can deal out "8d10" damage with a 4-round burst with effectively unlimited ammo (that's 4d10 x 2 with the Mega upgrade).

5a. Also, might the Mega Chemical Sprayer have double-area with the Stick-Um?

6. Concerning WyldKat, I'd like to make the following modifications if it's all right?
25 BIO-E available.

A. Remove Spore Discharger (it's useful, but let's face it; Ambidexterity is stronger when we're up against two Houses, the Machine, and who knows what else). +10 BIO-E.

C. Add Ambidextrous (Core 86). -15 BIO-E.

D. Add Motion Detector (Core 81) -15 BIO-E.

E. Add Righting Reflex (Core 88). -5 BIO-E.

Remaining BIO-E: 5.

7. I have no ideas for what to do with Woodstock (it's late). May I spend for him later? Do you have any recommendations? He's got 32 BIO-E and it's looking like Stealth Field for him is kind of a waste.

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood Hmm. O.K.. Making some tough but well-researched decisions here. =)

EDIT: 5. Then both Side Kick's please, as described above. If my math is right, it can deal out "8d10" damage with a 4-round burst with effectively unlimited ammo (that's 4d10 x 2 with the Mega upgrade).

5a. Also, might the Mega Chemical Sprayer have double-area with the Stick-Um?

6. Concerning WyldKat, I'd like to make the following modifications if it's all right?
25 BIO-E available.

A. Remove Spore Discharger (it's useful, but let's face it; Ambidexterity is stronger when we're up against two Houses, the Machine, and who knows what else). +10 BIO-E.

C. Add Ambidextrous (Core 86). -15 BIO-E.

D. Add Motion Detector (Core 81) -15 BIO-E.

E. Add Righting Reflex (Core 88). -5 BIO-E.

Remaining BIO-E: 5.

7. I have no ideas for what to do with Woodstock (it's late). May I spend for him later? Do you have any recommendations? He's got 32 BIO-E and it's looking like Stealth Field for him is kind of a waste.
5. Sounds like a plan. Yes, the Light Cell one with the Mega upgrade will do 8d10 damage.

5a. I would allow you the increased area of effect on the Stick-Um option with the Mega upgrade.

6. I see no issues with what you've gotten so far.

7. Some options you can look at for Woodstock is increase his vision capabilities, or increase his flight speed. Echo Location for him could also be useful.

7. Some options you can look at for Woodstock is increase his vision capabilities, or increase his flight speed. Echo Location for him could also be useful.
Sherwood Sherwood Thank you for all of that! But this last really has my attention; all three of those ideas are nice, but echo location on Woodstock? Huh! Neat! I'll be thinking about that. =)

In all of this time in this game, I always thought of Toni and Lance as the pain-bringers; I just wanted Chaska to be able to stand alongside them. But with Mirgris out and One not playing, it's "Later, Lance," and "Goodbye, Gus," at least until they reappear.

Having never seen Abominations before, but you made no mention of them having multiple legs that I recall, I can only guess this is either House Janus showing up with their thugs and toys or perhaps the Machine with who knows what.

What does Chaska know with what he's got? Or did he fail his rolls? (If that's the case, then at least it happened on real polyhedrons! =) ).

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood Thank you for all of that! But this last really has my attention; all three of those ideas are nice, but echo location on Woodstock? Huh! Neat! I'll be thinking about that. =)

In all of this time in this game, I always thought of Toni and Lance as the pain-bringers; I just wanted Chaska to be able to stand alongside them. But with Mirgris out and One not playing, it's "Later, Lance," and "Goodbye, Gus," at least until they appear.

Having never seen Abominations before, but you made no mention of them having multiple legs that I recall, I can only guess this is either House Janus showing up with their thugs and toys or perhaps the Machine with who knows what.

What does Chaska know with what he's got? Or did he fail his rolls? (If that's the case, then at least it happened on real polyhedrons! =) ).
Glad to have offered up something to think about for Woodstock.

I am really disappointed in Mirgris and One of Hearts; I had hoped for much better from both of them. At this point, I am operating on the belief that we won't be seeing either of them again. Note to self: remember this for future games.

Chaska would know that the Abominations have a roughly humanoid form with rather short legs and long arms, and they can walk on all fours like a gorilla and get some good speed that way. However, the War Mounts are rather hefty in their girth, and you don't think that the targets following you are Abominations; it just doesn't sound right for them. It is more likely that you have two or three Gorehounds sniffing you out from that direction.

For the two humanoid targets in the front, neither one is large enough to be a War Mount of any kind. These are most likely a Packmaster with another operator of some kind of Host Armor, either a Scarecrow or a Dreadguard. They are not cloaked with a stealth field, so it is easy to spot them both.

I am really disappointed in Mirgris and One of Hearts; I had hoped for much better from both of them. At this point, I am operating on the belief that we won't be seeing either of them again. Note to self: remember this for future games.
Sherwood Sherwood Forgive me if I choose to have more faith in them. I am not convinced that either of them ghosted. Instead, since they haven't logged into RpN at all, I am inclined to believe that Real Life has taken them from us, perhaps much the same way that it did Pips last year. Mirgris and One were cool to me and Mirgris promised he wouldn't ghost again.

I'll take his word on that. =)

Chaska would know that the Abominations have a roughly humanoid form with rather short legs and long arms, and they can walk on all fours like a gorilla and get some good speed that way. However, the War Mounts are rather hefty in their girth, and you don't think that the targets following you are Abominations; it just doesn't sound right for them. It is more likely that you have two or three Gorehounds sniffing you out from that direction.

For the two humanoid targets in the front, neither one is large enough to be a War Mount of any kind. These are most likely a Packmaster with another operator of some kind of Host Armor, either a Scarecrow or a Dreadguard. They are not cloaked with a stealth field, so it is easy to spot them both.
All of this from Echo-location? Or... his Deliveryman skills and experience or something else?

Does Toni know this info, too? I don't want to make any assumptions.
Color me curious about that too.

Does Toni know this info, too? I don't want to make any assumptions.
Yes, Toni knows that the two to the front of you are not War Mounts. The Abomination is larger than either one of the humanoid figures. The sounds from the rear are probably Gorehounds or possibly a group of Mantis Cannons, which would make one of the humanoid figures a Bombardier instead of a Packmaster. At this point, you just don't know.
All of this from Echo-location? Or... his Deliveryman skills and experience or something else?

Color me curious about that too.
It is a combination of all that. You'd know that the humanoid figures are too small to be Abominations or other War Mounts, and the identity of the rear scampering feet is an unknown at this point.

Just a reminder that you don't have to spend your (or Woodstock's) Bio-E if you don't want to. It can be banked up for a long time.

Cool beans! Chaska is updated (Psychie? Tonight went straight into Splicers; I'll work more on Da Chonk as time permits). I am beat and it's past my bedtime so off to Dreamland I go!

Here's some Dreamland music for you when your time comes! Stick Figure has some irie beats, mon! (They use reggae in their sound.) =) Good night! Thanks for the fun!

"Stick Figure - Dreamland"

-"There is no fucking cover here! Awaiting your order to fire...the small targets are approaching quickly, unless they stop and fire, we will probably be going close quarters back here...be ready"
I don't believe this was asked, so just for the sake of getting the facts from the source, I'm asking:

Sherwood Sherwood Is there cover in here? Natural corners? Curves in the rock? Stone shelves? Anything of the sort? If no cover, is there concealment?

Plus (and I am in no way asking for an answer on this), I want to know how these selfish goons know we have a Saint with us! Gang, after this fight, we should really bring that one up.

I don't believe this was asked, so just for the sake of getting the facts from the source, I'm asking:

Sherwood Sherwood Is there cover in here? Natural corners? Curves in the rock? Stone shelves? Anything of the sort? If no cover, is there concealment?

Plus (and I am in no way asking for an answer on this), I want to know how these selfish goons know we have a Saint with us! Gang, after this fight, we should really bring that one up.
It is a wide tunnel with a diameter of forty feet, with some light debris providing limited cover that might only survive a hit or two before it is wiped out. The two humans in Host Armor are roughly 500 feet out, and the Gorehounds are closer, just over 300 feet and moving in slowly at the moment.

It is a wide tunnel with a diameter of forty feet, with some light debris providing limited cover that might only survive a hit or two before it is wiped out. The two humans in Host Armor are roughly 500 feet out, and the Gorehounds are closer, just over 300 feet and moving in slowly at the moment.
Chaska's perception is a little different than the average Splicer's. Does Chaska see a better spot for Saint Karen to take cover/defensible position?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back