• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Splicers - I Am Legion - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Just one of the Hounds have acted so far, and yes, it charged through the flames. It is not a mere Gorehound but is instead an upgraded version of the mutt called a Mauler. Hard to control even by a Packmaster, and very aggressive.
And it ate fire damage instead of jumping over? Yeah. That's aggressive all right. =)

According to the book, the Packmaster even loses some of his own actions trying to control a Mauler in melee combat. It is very rare to have more than one in a pack. The other two Gorehounds are just regular, if somewhat upgraded, critters and not themselves Maulers, too.

According to the book, the Packmaster even loses some of his own actions trying to control a Mauler in melee combat. It is very rare to have more than one in a pack. The other two Gorehounds are just regular, if somewhat upgraded, critters and not themselves Maulers, too.
Good to know! There are entire sections of both Splicer books that I have completely avoided so I didn't accidentally learn things like these. =)

If someone had decided to play a Packmaster, they could have gotten an upgrade to one of their hounds to a Mauler type (there are three listed, btw), so those aren't off limits. I just hadn't posted anything about them since no one had gone with the pupper dogs.

Two things: first, I found more Splicers stuff in an issue of the Rifter that I bought and downloaded. I’ll share some of the stuff later, probably tomorrow.

Next, a quick bump for Purr Purr you are up in our combat

Ack! With all of the other-game-design thoughts and ideas blasting through my head, I forgot I was up! Thanks, Bud!

It pulls itself free, losing one of its actions in the process,
Sherwood Sherwood I saw that you adjusted the Gorehound Mauler's actions numerically; did you also want to update this line?

Last edited:
Do you have your two Sidekicks act independently, or do you keep direct control of them? If you release them to act on their own, they will act on your initiative and have their own actions, just like Toni's Rifle.
What are the benefits for keeping direct control of them? I imagine Chaska's defense roll will be their defense rolls if they're both still mounted on WyldKat?

If you use your own actions, they get the benefit of your combat bonuses, like any expanded critical hit numbers and your own to-hit bonuses.

If you let them act on their own, they don’t use up your actions, but they only have two actions of their own and their strike bonus is only a +4 I believe. But it does free you up to use your own attacks in conjunction with the Sidekicks.

If you use your own actions, they get the benefit of your combat bonuses, like any expanded critical hit numbers and your own to-hit bonuses.

If you let them act on their own, they don’t use up your actions, but they only have two actions of their own and their strike bonus is only a +4 I believe. But it does free you up to use your own attacks in conjunction with the Sidekicks.
Ah. So they can't fire independently from the WyldKat. Okies.

Okies. They seem to be able to climb. Can one attach them to ceilings?

Ah. So they can't fire independently from the WyldKat. Okies.
I must not have been clear. If they are using their actions, they get two attacks per melee. That can be attached to your body or running around on their own.

I must not have been clear. If they are using their actions, they get two attacks per melee. That can be attached to your body or running around on their own.
Ah! They can fire while on the WyldKat using their own bonuses but are far less likely to become chew toys for the dogs because Chaska can dodge for them. Yes? (Sorry if I seem distracted; I am!)

That is correct. You can dodge for them if they are targeted and they still have their own attacks if they are autonomous.

That is correct. You can dodge for them if they are targeted and they still have their own attacks if they are autonomous.
Best Friends Thank You GIF by Best Friends Animal Society

The impact of the missiles throws off your dodge efforts enough that both attacks hit you. You take 168 MD from the missiles, and another 56 MD from the Casting Rifle.

Eonivar Eonivar is up.
Oof! Looks like Saint Karen will have an opportunity to help out after we're out of this - assuming we all make it! =)

At least she has the half damage add on or else she’d be in trouble.

Eonivar Eonivar Shoot. Had I known you were going for a Called Shot, I would have recommended you use an Action Point. That shot would have hit those vital points with a d20 roll like that. =)

Next time!

I am not worried about it, Jin has 8 attacks...and automatic dodge...I should have had Jin use her suit mounted Heat Cannon, but I wanted to use the Bio-energy rifle with its more consistant damage.

I almost had another crit - missed it by one. Next level up, I'm getting that Optical Upgrade again. I will most certainly come in handy.

Sherwood Sherwood Chaska is attempting an Automatic Dodge. Thanks to those latest Splicer upgrades and his being airborne and hovering with the Wing Pack, his modifier at the moment is a (whopping!) +16! With luck, it will be enough!

Hey Purr Purr don’t forget to post your action here with the excitement for your new game. If you need to delay, just let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back