• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Splicers - I Am Legion - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Not wanting to take another hit like that last one, Toni aims her Casting Launchers to fire a single shot from each at one of the incoming rockets to try and cause a cascading explosion to destroy all six before they have a chance to hit her. She will try an Auto Dodge against the Packmaster's attack.

OOC using another Action Point to target the incoming bio-rockets and try to destroy them.

Psychie Psychie YES! I was hoping you'd try and shoot these bio-rockets down instead of eating another six! No chaff or flares for us in this game!

I think I got them all with the roll. IIRC, it is a 45% roll to destroy a volley with a direct fire weapon.

Wait. What? Sherwood Sherwood

Splicers can parry 6 missiles? Our characters can use a sword (or whatever) to deflect half a dozen incoming explosive projectiles?
I was more thinking that she could sacrifice her arms to take the damage there instead of on her main body.

I was more thinking that she could sacrifice her arms to take the damage there instead of on her main body.
That's not parrying - that's arm-blocking Veritech-style. Parrying is taking no damage! Hah!

That's not parrying - that's arm-blocking Veritech-style. Parrying is taking no damage! Hah!
A poor choice of words on my part. At least Psy didn't get hit this time to have to worry about it. I'll try to make sure I'm more concise with my wording in the future.

A poor choice of words on my part. At least Psy didn't get hit this time to have to worry about it. I'll try to make sure I'm more concise with my wording in the future.
No worries! You know me, Bud. "The details matter!" =)

Sorry I haven’t posted here lately. I’ve been distracted. I’ll have the IC post up later today.

Since you are getting from behind, I’m pretty sure you also get the bonus damage of the critical strike doing 140 MD to the Packmaster.
Sherwood Sherwood So you are using Critical from Behind to include double-damage any time someone is struck from behind?

Sherwood Sherwood So you are using Critical from Behind to include double-damage any time someone is struck from behind?
I am a bit confused. Doesn’t that perk of the martial art of Critical From Behind do just that? An I making a mistake here? I confess I am not perfect, so if I am please let me know!

I am a bit confused. Doesn’t that perk of the martial art of Critical From Behind do just that? An I making a mistake here? I confess I am not perfect, so if I am please let me know!
Per Ninjas & Superspies Revised (which is where I first saw the rule), Critical Strike from Behind only takes effect when it's a sneak attack.

Per Oxford, a sneak attack is an attack "done without any warning."

I'm mainly bringing this up to make certain...

1. ... that you're aware of this...

2. ... and to find out how it functions in your games...

3. ... and to let you know I'm using it this way in my games. In the spirit of all of us being on the same page, I feel you and Psychie Psychie to ought to be made aware of that. =)

Ah! I wasn’t aware of that. Thank you for bringing this up. If I don’t ask about stuff like this, I’ll never learn and that would stink to be stuck like that.

Since I already have given it to Eonivar it would be unfair to take it away, so for this combat action only it will stand. I didn’t apply Psychie’s damage yet, so sorry to say that Toni’s attack is not a crit.

I hope no one is upset by this ruling. For now on, we’ll run the critical from behind as a part of a surprise attack and not an every action thing.

Just so long as it works for us as well as our opponents I’m ok with this. Keep it fair across the board for everyone, even if I lost my bonus damage earlier.

Whatever works and make sense in the game to happen, I am fine with it

Yes. I should have clarified that there are no targets supported that are up and moving. The Packmaster is still there.

Sherwood Sherwood If I remember right, we don't have a means of recording yet, right? House Artemis's scientists said they had something in the works but I don't recall us ever receiving anything. And if that's true, then we've only our memories and whatever we write down later to guide us by?

Correct. Unless you bring something to act as your proof, it will only be your collective word about what you saw.

Correct. Unless you bring something to act as your proof, it will only be your collective word about what you saw.
But if we bring metal, someone dies eventually. Unless...

... is the enemy Dreadlord's helmet intact?

There is a small burlap camouflage carry bag that is not organic so it wouldn't trigger the nano-plague response of the metal.

Also, on a completely different note, since tomorrow is my birthday, I'm going to go ahead and give everyone a level up to 4th. Just like before, you can increase your Skill percentages, Host Armor MDC and Hit Points, but no additional Bio-E yet until you get to a base of operations with a Gene Pool that you can use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back