• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Rutherford Institute for the Gifted

Samuel Briscomb

'Live Life Like No One is Watching'
It's a school like any other. Children aged 11-18 walk about the school playground, attend (or maybe not) lessons, and hang around together before dinner and curfew. At least one will be scruffy, shirt not tucked in and trousers hanging low with their tie not even done up, and at least 4 will be doing homework before the starting bell, rushing it in hope of finishing it. At least 12 will be serving detention, but most probably more.

However, it's not so normal when you see a child casually igniting their hand to burn the edge of a cigarette, or another changing the weather around them from rain to sunshine and dryness. And it defiantly isn't normal when the entirety of their lessons involve controlling these powers, manipulating them into whatever they want.

WELCOME TO RUTHERFORD INSTITUTE FOR THE GIFTED

Last edited by a moderator:
I walk off the bus looking at the school, I'm pretty amazed this school looks pretty nice, so my parents found this school huh. (I look down at the flyer making sure I'm at the right place) "yep this is it Rutherford institute. Nice to know I won't be looked at like a freak anymore. "Well let's get this day started

@CaptainReese Lurking quietly in the corridor, Nick is surprised when he sees the new student - he wasn't expecting one of those halfway through the school term. "Hmm," he mutter, "I wonder what he can control."

"Man I need to stretch after that ride". (I stretch out my arms and a bit of fire shot out and caught a leaf falling on fire) "woops, maybe I'll hold on that stretch".

@CaptainReese Nick laughed a little, and decided to play with the new student a little. He willed the student's blood to rumble in his veins and caused a flicker of fire to stroke around the student's neck.

Clair sat at one of the tables in the canteen reading quietly to herself. The school canteen was pretty empty today , although that may be due to the fact the buses had only just pulled up. she smiled to herself as she read on in silence. @anyone

"Woah what the, this has never happened before" (I will it to stop) "That's never happened to me before, I mean it's not like I want to wreath my neck with fire but that was unexpected, hmmmmm"

@Mr Swiftshots "Hello Clair, how are you this morning?" asked Mr. Bevan. "You haven't seen Nick recently have you? He's gone wondering again!"

"Holy crap" (I fall and hit the ground) "owwww, man was that some wind" (I scan the area trying to find the cause) "somebody must be doing this,probably one of their powers, all right come on out I know whoever you are, you are responsible".

@CaptainReese Nick laughed a little before finally stepping out of the shadow, holding out a hand, "Sorry, man, but it was too funny to tease you." He chuckled to himself. "You might be able to get me back next year!"

Clair slowed time until it had almost stopped briefly to finish the chapter she was on before turning to Mr. Braven and resuming time "Nick hmm i don't know , but i assume he's out abusing someone" Clair sighed. @Samuel Briscomb

Kirt felt half excited and half indifferent about what he had to come. Upon unboarding the bus with his duffle bag in hand, he decided to let his eyes window shop at the peers he'd be stuck wtih for the next year. Maybe he'd get lucky and hook up on his first day. Who knows. Kirt always had his ways. But for now he mindlessly wandered, unknowing of what was to come.

"So it's you huh, be lucky I'm to nice to hurt you, but it was pretty funny, I was so confused at first, (shakes his hand) but good to meet you I'm Jon".

@Mr Swiftshots Mr. Bevan nodded, "You're probably right. I can't imagine what he's like in class these days!" He shook his head. "Which classes have you got today? Anything interesting?" He paused.

"Please don't speed up the lesson this time, O'Reilly. It really makes the teacher's planning pointless."

@CaptainReese "Nice to meet you, I guess." Nick paused for a few second, before noticing another new student, (@Shaba7) and muttering, "Guy looks stuck up. Ha, got my new target," and rushed off, quickly climbing a tree before being noticed.

Clair couldn't help but laugh somewhat at what he had said "well i can't see myself sitting through biology but i'll try my best" she closed her book and placed in in her bag before getting up "as for if i've got anything interesting today , i suppose you could call music and physics entertaining" @Samuel Briscomb

Kirt didnt notice Nick hiding, but he did hear a noise. He turned his attention to the general direction of the sound of tree leaves and branches brushing. He noticed Jon, but didnt give much attention to him. He continued his stroll as if nothing had happened. @Samuel Briscomb @CaptainReese

@CaptainReese Nick waved, but remained hidden.

@Shaba7 Nick grinned, deciding to do something other than his powers. Powers are boring some of the time. Nick jumped out of the tree, landing straight onto Kirt's back, before, finally, causing fire to tickle his cheeks.

"hmm let me see , i think i may have a single class in electrokinesis today but then the rest of my classes are normal" Clair smiled letting sparks fly between her fingers "Mondays are pretty boring , i just tend to fast forward to Tuesday" @Samuel Briscomb

@Samuel Briscomb Upon the landing, Kirt reacted by quickly bending his left elbow and thrusting it back at Nick, in an attempt to knock him off. Kirt didnt want to resort to power, but the way things were starting for him, it seemed as if that's how it was going to be. "The hell is wrong with you, kid...?" Kirt mumbled, feeling the flames gently brushing against his face, but not flinching too much.

@Shaba7 Nick grins, easily clinging on, ignoring the pain flaring in his lower stomach. "I'm the greeting team. Welcome to Rutherford, or Hell."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back