• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Runespark OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
That's fine but my opening post may not have conveyed what I intended aha

They all would be outside the manor and Lalo suggested three things he was going to do in preparation. He hadn't left by himself but I guess majority choice dictate he do now lol

My intention is they would forage/buy/steal runes or hunt monsters for their runes

xAlter xAlter ok my post is up now and you’re good! Sorry my posts are a bit long I’m sure they’ll get a bit shorter as the RP goes on

xAlter xAlter ok my post is up now and you’re good! Sorry my posts are a bit long I’m sure they’ll get a bit shorter as the RP goes on
Ahaha! No worries. I tend to get carried away sometimes too and have to cut them short. And now realizing how late it is, a wave of exhaustion just came over me. I'll have a post up tomorrow! Nighty night!

AUGHH NO WAIT I FORGOT TO ACCOUNT FOR MIRYALIA, Naria Naria you're coming sparring, yes? Or were you going with Lalo + Morgan? I'll go back and rewrite the end in a second

Not sure how you want to write fighting each other, but for named baddies and groups it’s as attempts.

for sparring another player I guess go by descriptive writing and don’t control another’s character

479dbcae52ef24035af554b1b042d1f9.jpgNot sure what everyone else had in mind, but this is approximately what I was picturing for the training grounds. A bit of a ways past the manor, flat dirt ground, walled on some sides, and past the walls is probably the forest. Thoughts?

View attachment 804383Not sure what everyone else had in mind, but this is approximately what I was picturing for the training grounds. A bit of a ways past the manor, flat dirt ground, walled on some sides, and past the walls is probably the forest. Thoughts?
Sounds good, I would have described it similar and looked for a picture but have at it with that

Dunwel is a large city on the coast, the capital of slate and would be tourist trap if war wasn’t happening on Ayore aha

so getting to the Forrest is a bit of travel, not just over the wall is Forrest and monsters aha

View attachment 804383Not sure what everyone else had in mind, but this is approximately what I was picturing for the training grounds. A bit of a ways past the manor, flat dirt ground, walled on some sides, and past the walls is probably the forest. Thoughts?
Yeah, I was sort of picturing it like that myself. Maybe near a forest that's further off because the manor is away from the masses?

But I definitely pictured a flat dirt ground walled around on the sides too.

Dunwel is a large city on the coast, the capital of slate and would be tourist trap if war wasn’t happening on Ayore aha

so getting to the Forrest is a bit of travel, not just over the wall is Forrest and monsters aha

Ack okay yes that makes sense. I'll go back and fix what I wrote in a second. ^^' At least we have all night ingame lol, more than enough time for a field trip

I like a mixture of both, to be honest. I think providing enough detail is needed so it doesn't get stagnant is necessary, but at the same time, making it more casual helps posts flow.

Just figured I'd ask so I can GM this better.

Are you more into the casual style, (write the minimum to get across what is needed)
And the slice of life genre

As opposed to a more detailed style (write heaps and try and make it all relevant)
and the Fantasy adventure genre

lunar_moth lunar_moth xAlter xAlter @YeetBooi Lilliana2 Lilliana2 Prodigious Mage Prodigious Mage Naria Naria
Honestly i enjoy giving big responses and walls of text haha, i think it's important to ensure that you get enough detail and action in there. At the same time i'm not a stickler for rules or anything so as long as the story flows organically it's all good really.

That being said, i tend to prefer any sort of story that's more about the character development and relationships, not necessarily in a romantic way all the time. But i do love this universe so for this rp i'd have to say i'd like a story-plotty-character development heavy thing rather than silly-shippy, but that doesnt mean im opposed to having fun still lol!

I like a mixture of things depending on what is taking place. That said, I can not keep my writing concise, so it's easy to expect volumes of writing from me.

But as for a GMing style, I'm very open to whatever is brought to the table. I like it long form, but a mix of things or more direct approaches work for me too.

Prodigious Mage Prodigious Mage i wanted to ask before i did it. To keep from breaking post order do you mind if i edit your last post to add lalo into it? If you like you could edit it after and add what morgan would say/do

Would save me posting in excess just to add details an such

Naria Naria I know it's a medieval fantasy with magic in it and I don't want to sound like a dick about it but what you posted seems somewhat ridiculous aha20201112_182051.jpg
This is the only way i could picture it aha ignore the shitty work.
But
Miry jumping up the wall before kicking off to land halfway in the middle of the field.
I understand we all don't have the same picture in mind and I didn't take half a hour to write out where quart approached from an all that detail but I shall start using pictures with notes and point out things like if one is able to perform a vertical leap higher then the roof or jump across gaps like Spiderman lol

Sorry, I pictured walls on all sides, so naturally, I would be close to one. I never referred to the far wall.

I mean its still pretty spidermanish no matter what wall lol

My main point being keep it a bit less superhuman. Ori with lightning can imply he's moving faster cause of his rune but poison isn't helping Miry do great physical feats.

Unless she can make a sticky poisonous blob to hold onto walls an such

Users who are viewing this thread

Back