• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Runespark OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I didn't mean it as anything superhuman. Again, I thought we were closer to the wall and I said in Miryalia's strengths that she's a climber. If anything, it's more parcour and gymnastics than it is Spiderman or superhuman.

But if you want me to take climbing out of her skillset, I can. It seems to cause confusion since we didn't all picture the courtyard in the same way. So while I prefer she keeps the skill, I'll take it out if you want to.

It's not climbing that's the problem, it's just how it's worded and how I imagined it really lol

I don't want to single out every example but put simple it's was worded something like
"jumping up a wall"
"Hanging onto the wall"
"Kicking off the wall"

Which is fine by itself but when I mention things beforehand like
"quart is 20/30 meters away" (I don't remember what number sorry)
It's less parkour and more spiderman lol

Like Ori had to get his way out of the earthquake radius then run at Quart.
By comparison
Miry has travelled the same distance by jumping up and then across aha

Sorry, I hadn't noticed the distance. Do you want me to change my post? I mean, I still picture her climbing the wall out of the area of the earthquake, but she can't jump 30 meters distance from wall to Quart, you're right.

Do you want me to delete my post?

Naria Naria I know it's a medieval fantasy with magic in it and I don't want to sound like a dick about it but what you posted seems somewhat ridiculous ahaView attachment 805909
This is the only way i could picture it aha ignore the shitty work.
But
Miry jumping up the wall before kicking off to land halfway in the middle of the field.
I understand we all don't have the same picture in mind and I didn't take half a hour to write out where quart approached from an all that detail but I shall start using pictures with notes and point out things like if one is able to perform a vertical leap higher then the roof or jump across gaps like Spiderman lol
This is art

wait... i'm dumb.

but it never said anywhere u had to activate them... i thought... uggh

My fault as much as yours cause i cant think of a time I explained it in game.
(Might have mentioned something on the check or ooc idk)

But no one asked and I figured I'd do what all interactive narrative should do
"Show don't tell"

So you have to announce when u you use a rune what about runeborns using their abilities?

So you have to announce when u you use a rune what about runeborns using their abilities?
Not announce, but a vocal command is usually needed for a rune
The whispers and chanting Quart says to his earth runes would be something like
"Quake and unbalance" "form in my image and subdue"

Runeborn can use their magic without words, more like they imagine what they want to happen and then do so.
Like xalter wrote Casey making a wall of fire to protect Leighton. No words needed for your own magic

I hope my post is good and that it makes sense. She set up a trap for Quart I tried to word it so that he is able to dodge it if he realizes what she is up to I’m not sure if it was the easiest to understand let me know if it works or if it needs any changes NeonFlow NeonFlow

How big is the wall supposed to be if she is hiding a tree and launching herself out of the way aha

I’m in the hospital right nowso I could be reading it wrong but put simple it seems...

she doesn’t avoid the quakes, choosing to stand on grass
She makes a wall of grass
She plants a tree
She uses her sword to launch herself?
And all that is behind a wall of grass

Tree isn’t big it’s little maybe like 4’ it’ll expand when it jumps like throwing a net but grass wall is big we’ll say 12’ and then for the grass it’s easier to hide behind because she just goes further behind it instead of off to one of the sides

lunar_moth lunar_moth do you mind if i edit your last post to add in what quart would say/do for you to edit a second time to complete this arc?

Will most likely be Quart shouting about being serious or stupid pointing out he is wearing the biggest pair of pants in the world and try to kick you into mud quart who is half apart from thunder

lunar_moth lunar_moth do you mind if i edit your last post to add in what quart would say/do for you to edit a second time to complete this arc?

Will most likely be Quart shouting about being serious or stupid pointing out he is wearing the biggest pair of pants in the world and try to kick you into mud quart who is half apart from thunder
Oh yeah go for it !!

Sorry. Just got busy recently. I'll put a post up tomorrow.

I'm having fun so far! Loving the worldbuilding. And not to toot my own horn or anything but I'm enjoying the character I'm playing ;P I'm excited for more high stakes fights and subsequent character bonding time

So , the runeborns are being sent off to fight early, before theyre technically done their training? Is that why Quart's ragging on us, cause we're not quite full trained like we were meant to be?

I'm having fun so far! Loving the worldbuilding. And not to toot my own horn or anything but I'm enjoying the character I'm playing ;P I'm excited for more high stakes fights and subsequent character bonding time

So , the runeborns are being sent off to fight early, before theyre technically done their training? Is that why Quart's ragging on us, cause we're not quite full trained like we were meant to be?
Yes and no, just from characters backstory for example we have Leighton and miry whose trainer/master happened to be some sort of swordsman and a assassin.

not to shit on these fictitious characters but the plan was to make runeborn and have runemasters raise them. As being able to control magic is considered a harder but more rewarding path to take.

Quart is just a freak master with runes, he would rag on anyone he is better than and try and build them up a tad after aha

----
Also quart hasn't healed anyone yet, as mentioned in game mama has orange aha

Last edited:
Also quart hasn't healed anyone yet, as mentioned in game mama has orange aha
Actually to be fair it says that Quart told Barret he'd fix Casey up, though it never mentions Mama doing it.

Also I am enjoying this roleplay, I just figured I'd let some of the others post some rather than hopping in every 2-3 posts. :P

I’ll try to get my post up tomorrow I haven’t had the chance to work on it yet

Hate to be that type of GM but im Pretty sure its been more than two weeks since
YeetBooi YeetBooi has posted so Leighton shall be written off or retconned out of existing.

I have three choices for you all regarding situations like this.
It is majority choice

if I advertise the spot out for another players character and we pretend they have been here from the start like Wicker Wicker 's character
Or
if I control Leighton and have him die on or offscreen.
Or
We simply retcon Leigh and move on with just seven runeborn

Prodigious Mage Prodigious Mage Lilliana2 Lilliana2 xAlter xAlter Naria Naria lunar_moth lunar_moth Wicker Wicker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back