• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Primum Movens: Open!

@Rapror Augustine This character looks okay so far just a few things:

1. What are your plans to get involved with the "main" plot? I feel like it could go several ways but we'd like to hear your ideas.

2. Do you have some sort of reason as to how he ended up with a katana? Since it seems strange for the setting, we'd also like to hear your ideas on that.

3. For dancing is Rank 1 okay then?

Pretzel Heart] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/22500-wizard-nibblers/ said:
@wizard nibblers[/URL]
Whatever I type is never specific enough (ノД`)

What else would be in there outside of levitation and illumination?
Strength of protection charms maybe? Power of destruction magic? Can they manipulate elements? Heating? Cooling? How much of each element? Can they do something like transfiguration? If so, is it just affect the shape of the object or can they change the chemical makeup of the object? Is it limited to certain materials? If they can enchant tools and machinery (like the rides at the park) what's the extent of that? Can one arie enchant all the rides at the park, or was each large ride the combined efforts of many arie? Or was whoever enchanted it just very proficient in magic? When it comes to enchanting any tool or machine to work on its own, Do they keep it going constantly or does it just need to be enchanted once? Does it need be restored after a while? What category of magic would that even fall under? Is it just commanding a certain object to operate in a certain manner, or is it something like animation, where the object is given limited sentience just so that it can understand and carry out the command it's been given? give me enough time and I can probably think of more

Not that these questions have to actually be answered but stuff like this could come up in future

Last edited by a moderator:
@Pretzel Heart

Thanks for replying as for your questions

1:I'm planning on being the guy that breaks @FelixWrightwind out of jail but I'd like to hear your ideas first and see what we can agree on.

2:maybe his father had a merchant friend who traveled the seas outside of Roserasia and brought the sword back thinking he could sell it at his shop?

3:that's fine I think that actually works out pretty well.

[QUOTE="wizard nibblers]He'd probably be spending all his time learning that spell and no time actually going out and living his life. Also, this RP is only one in-game month long (not that it couldn't be longer, if everyone's still here one IC month later then of course we can go on) He'd probably look pretty similar anyway, so it wouldn't help much as a disguise. (But he can still be Felicia or whatever other more "feminine name" you pick)
If you don't want him to fight alone, make some friends :P

[/QUOTE]
Well, I was kinda thinking he'd already have been studying and practicing this spell for about a year before this rp had started, earlier in the timeline, and he gets around to completing it in this month, halfway through. But this time he steps up his practicing game so he can use it for disguising purposes. He'd still have friends, or make friends, and his fur would be pretty much inverted in this form, so that he'd be much less recognizable.

Apologies for the poor quality of my most recent post. Today is quite eventful for me, so it was a bit rushed in order to comply with the 48 hour deadline. Perhaps I shall edit it later, but I can offer only my apologies for now.

[QUOTE="wizard nibblers]He'd probably be spending all his time learning that spell and no time actually going out and living his life. Also, this RP is only one in-game month long (not that it couldn't be longer, if everyone's still here one IC month later then of course we can go on) He'd probably look pretty similar anyway, so it wouldn't help much as a disguise. (But he can still be Felicia or whatever other more "feminine name" you pick)

[/QUOTE]
Fine, know what, I'm trashing that idea (too).

But I'll say one thing-

Mark my words, you'll see SOMETHING similar used as a plan later on. You will!

Something came up for the person who was supposed to step in as our Replacement Princess so in honor of us trying to slap together a plan we're extending the deadline until tomorrow morning (well another 24 hours basically). Sorry to those who rushed thinking it was today.

For those who haven't posted final thoughts yet please do so today.

@Spiritdancer @Lady Ravenshade @Unwavering Knight @FelixWrightwind @Beowulf @ParadoxalPaladin @MLAQTS @The Succubi Queen @FinalStraw @DemonKitten @Whoever else I probably forgot but you all should be watching for these anyways so there​

That includes me but I've just been so stressed

@Rapror Augustine

If you have something figured out with @FelixWrightwind character that's a good start, but we are a bit concerned about you getting involved with the other characters in what we would call the "main plot." It is ideal if everyone has some sort of connection to the rebellion, the ball, the princess (or other royalty), just to make sure they have an excuse to interact with everyone else and have a character driven in a way that their goals will somehow impact the progression of the plot (hopefully in interesting and surprising ways). Since he's a mercenary it should be too hard, since that basically makes him a sword for hire and there's plenty of shady characters who might have connections to such a one, all you have to do is ask. Or if you have your own idea.

Also just curious about your idea for breaking out since your character wouldn't know he's arrested or have motivation to help him? Maybe you can use that to tie into some other characters by having them come to yours for help, ect.

Also were not really sure what to make of the idea of continents other than what's represented on the map. If there are others they'd be pretty much unknown to Roserasia or are too far away to be involved in their affairs (otherwise there would have been wars / the Empire probably would have tried to take them over, maybe countries attempting to form alliances and shady dealings, ect.). So for your character's father to have discovered such a land would make him either a very prominent explorer maybe with royal backing or a very lucky merchant who would be considered a lunatic for his discoveries.

In any case, it's something that would need to be developed further and perhaps others would like to join in the discussion?

MLAQTS said:
Apologies for the poor quality of my most recent post. Today is quite eventful for me, so it was a bit rushed in order to comply with the 48 hour deadline. Perhaps I shall edit it later, but I can offer only my apologies for now.
Don't sell yourself short, you're a good writer.

So, I have a question for you guys (or at least those of who have read my latest IC post)- which of these two designs looks better for when Felix gets out of jail and carries out his plan to live a regular life, disguised as a female? Here are the two choices-

full

full

Also, about his new name when disguised- which sounds more fitting? Thetis, or Aeolus?

@wizard nibblers @DemonKitten @Unwavering Knight @everyone else I missed

FelixWrightwind said:
So, I have a question for you guys (or at least those of who have read my latest IC post)- which of these two designs looks better for when Felix gets out of jail and carries out his plan to live a regular life, disguised as a female? Here are the two choices-
full

full

Also, about his new name when disguised- which sounds more fitting? Thetis, or Aeolus?

@wizard nibblers @DemonKitten @Unwavering Knight @everyone else I missed
I think the first one looks more feminine

@Pretzel Heart

For the explorer part I think that a well known explorer with royal/government backing sounds good, as for breaking @FelixWrightwind out of jail i'm scraping actually being the one that turns hum loose,though we agreed that we will meet each other before he breaks out perhaps sent by the character of @DemonKitten to check on him after taking requests from the other characters or even have a few of them reject his help if appropriate. As for other things I'd like to hear the ideas of others to see what they think i should do.

@Rapror Augustine

Not meaning to sound picky, but I guess what we're trying to get at is that if you want to introduce an unusual element (like a katana), can you think of it as an opportunity to come up with a way to incorporate it that would work well with the plot and universe? We were a bit worried about having to rework the entire map and history without discussion among all members of the RP...but actually while we were talking about it earlier, it would really make a lot of things difficult, so let's try and avoid that.

There's probably easier ways to make room for such an innovation.

So if you really want it that badly, please work for it by using the world we've already set up with some imagination, but not going so much that would require lots of rewriting and discussion on everyone's part. For example items crossing over from portals from antiquity, showing periods and places of times where the veils between the worlds is weak (since we are still trying to build some basis for portal magic), or perhaps a mere invention of some of the Ramerian subcultures since the whole point of the katana's shape was to make a blade best suited for cutting human flesh. Seems like lots of interesting world building possibilities there that aren't straying outside of the provided context. Something like that.

In any case, we will be ready to move on soon so you can have your character meet up with the others to enact your plans. So let's try and figure out the sword business before they get themselves on the move.

@Everyone

Again we need to postpone the moving to the next day just a tad longer thanks to working through some final issues with the plot

Please do not post unless you are writing to retire your character or have nothing that would significantly impact the plot.

Adding plot to Day 1 at this point is just extending the time we need to wrap things up because both Wiznibs and I are very busy and on opposite sides of the world so we don't have much time to communicate. Also I don't even know if either of us will have reliable Internet for the next few days. But we are working hard to wrap this up ASAP so please just bear with us for a bit.

Sorry again.

Pretzel Heart] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/28991-felixwrightwind/ said:
@FelixWrightwind[/URL] As far as mythology goes Thetis was female and Aeolus was male so if you want to go gender bender you should probably use a female name? That's my vote.
Alrighty- What about the pictures?

@FelixWrightwind

Except for the fact that a katana has a few extra/different parts than a western style sword. The hamon(the soft ductile spine with a distinct pattern)being one example. But sure maybe said blacksmith was apart of a subculture like @Pretzel Heart proposed. We'll have to figure this out a little bit more if that isn't enough of an explanation.

Rapror Augustine] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/28991-felixwrightwind/ said:
@FelixWrightwind[/URL]
Except for the fact that a katana has a few extra/different parts than a western style sword. The hamon(the soft ductile spine with a distinct pattern)being one example. But sure maybe said blacksmith was apart of a subculture like @Pretzel Heart proposed. We'll have to figure this out a little bit more if that isn't enough of an explanation.
It could work

Originally we we're really hoping that each of the "royals"@DemonKitten @ParadoxalPaladin @FinalStraw @The Succubi Queen would spend some time developing some unique aspects of their country.

This is something we'd like to further push ahead once wiznibs and I aren't dying in a few days.

But in the meantime as the person "in charge of" Rameria I don't at all mind working on that kind of history with you. Actually I rather like world building and have been meaning to think more deeply about the cultural divides between the nine states.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back