• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Primum Movens: Open!

Pretzel Heart]It could work Originally we we're really hoping that each of the royals [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/15110-demonkitten/ said:
@DemonKitten[/URL] @ParadoxalPaladin @FinalStraw @The Succubi Queen woold spend some time developing some unique aspects of their country

This is something we'd like to further push ahead once wiznibs and I aren't dying in a few days.

But in the meantime as the person "in charge of" Rameria I don't at all mind working on that kind of history with you. Actually I rather like world building and have been meaning to think more deeply about the cultural divides between the nine states
I can do that. Sorry I haven't really done a closing post. I am preparing for a roleplay that starts today and I sort of procrastinated with it

@Pretzel Heart

okay do we need to keep going?, I'd like to know just how many states there are (you probably mentioned it somewhere and I can't find it) because if it's nine(again I think you mentioned the number somewhere I just can't find where) I think I have something figured out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know personally, I had been wanting to have heavy Greek/Middle Eastern influences in the Marine Kingdom- all very Mediterranean- I was actually debating also having a Japanese element- as that can also incorporate a lot of sea elements. I'm trying to figure out how to work that part in, hence my silence so far- I wouldn't want to be that person who just says "oh, his Katana's from the Marine Kingdom" unless I'm fully able to incorporate that into the culture I want.

Rapror Augustine] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/28991-felixwrightwind/ said:
@FelixWrightwind[/URL]
Except for the fact that a katana has a few extra/different parts than a western style sword. The hamon(the soft ductile spine with a distinct pattern)being one example. But sure maybe said blacksmith was apart of a subculture like @Pretzel Heart proposed. We'll have to figure this out a little bit more if that isn't enough of an explanation.
It was just an idea

That's all...

[QUOTE="The Succubi Queen]I can absolutely do that! Nelly can be dragged along to shop with Naomi- Naomi might make a few remarks as to how oddly quiet she's being- I just hope I don't accidentally end up Bunnying- Naomi can be pretty pushy, so I hope that doesn't step on Nelly as a character. :(

[/QUOTE]
A day of shopping with Naomi sounds brilliant. Don't worry about it, if that does end up happening it wouldn't bother me immensely. I'm perfectly comfortable in the fact that Nelly is in your hands. No pressure or anything~ >.- if anyone else wants to chip in with pretending Nelly's there, you're welcome to.

@Unwavering Knight

Ideally she will be joining us once I myself come back from "hiatus"

But we are also looking for a backup since at this point it's not guaranteed since she's dealing with life issues at the moment.

We have a series of last resort measures though

Worst comes to worst we will RP the princess until a better solution can be found but neither of us really wants to do that.

I have been working on a post its just very inconvenient for me at the moment but I realize that I am selfishly holding people back in the name of my own OCD so

By tonight there will be something up and you all can move on.

@The Succubi Queen Thank you for taking the time to think about your country

I think drawing inspirations from historical / cultural sources is fine as long as we mix it with our own creativity.

That's the fun of fantasy after all. ( ;) )

@Rapror Augustine Yes there are nine states

I can't remember why I made it nine but whatever

What's your idea??

Pretzel Heart][uSER=3733] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/22831-the-succubi-queen/ said:
@The Succubi Queen[/URL] Thank you for taking the time to think about your country

I think drawing inspirations from historical / cultural sources is fine as long as we mix it with our own creativity.

That's the fun of fantasy after all. ( ;) )[/uSER]
Oh yeah, it'll still be heavily fantasy and original- I just like to take a few cues from real cultures. I'll have a more detailed history in the next few days, if you'd like me to PM you?

[QUOTE="The Succubi Queen]Oh yeah, it'll still be heavily fantasy and original- I just like to take a few cues from real cultures. I'll have a more detailed history in the next few days, if you'd like me to PM you?

[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah I'm sure it will be something interesting since it seems like you've already put some thought into from your profile and posts. I also like to cherry pick from random historical tidbits when thinking about world building.

I'm just explaining why the idea of inserting a culturally specific item like a katana without context makes me....uncomfortable.

Or something like that.

But yeah if you want to PM us that's fine. Please include both GMs in the PM it makes it easier for us to discuss things rather than middle-manning it lol. But like I said we won't be able to get to it till we're a bit less busy I'm a few days......>o>

Add it to the pile of unanswered messages

@Pretzel Heart

After looking at the lore(and the character sign-up tab to confirm this easier) I found out that the number of countries(including Ramaria) and states both total up to be nine. So I was thinking maybe we can have it so that Ramaria itself is a mixture of cultures taking some inspiration from other countries but taking it's own spin on their cultures. will this work or will I have to go back to the drawing board on this. Also what would be some of your ideas on this because we know that subcultures are a thing in Ramaria?

FelixWrightwind said:
Are we ready to move on yet? 'Cuz we've went a over a week past when we said we'd be going to day two.
I know a lot of us are still on vacation, so I doubt it quite yet- it's a bit hard to move on when both GM's and a few of our players are busy with various breaks.

Besides, I think a little break is nice. I've taken a lot of time to think up a full history for my kingdom. :)

@ Everyone

Well it's an extremely shitty post written from my phone over the course of several evenings that 10/10 needs to be edited once I have a life and computer back again buuuut it's there and we can all move on now.

@Unwavering Knight Yes please keep buttering send us actual buttercups or better yet peanutbutter cups.

But bumping the thread is most helpful since we also still need to get @DemonKitten a flipping brother already lol.

@The Succubi Queen Can't wait to hear what you've come up with! We hope to do a lot of world building talks once everyone is a little more stable with their schedule. And plot. Actually a lot of ideas in general.

But for now I really just......need a break from this lmao.

Will catch you all......on the flip side.............

Just notifying you all that I'll be away for the next to weeks, and so likely shan't be able to post.

MLAQTS said:
Just notifying you all that I'll be away for the next to weeks, and so likely shan't be able to post.
Did you mean two weeks? Is everything okay? For now we can bot your character, or maybe have the princess meet him later in dance practice? Since she may also be delayed in making an appearance...

Oooh, I have some better pictures for my character when he changes his identity after somehow getting out of jail- I like the first one a lot, because he has the same markings of the "wings and halo" that my character has when he uses his magical abilities- which makes it match up. And the second would make sense, as what he learns when he tries his energy burst spell is that his elemental magic is ice. So, please consider these when voting for his new appearance, too. @DemonKitten @Pretzel Heart @Rapror Augustine @Unwavering Knight @wizard nibblers

full

full

Users who are viewing this thread

Back