• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Primum Movens: Open!

[QUOTE="wizard nibblers]Is it restricted by anything like the dimensions of the wall or the material it's made of? Would it have a time limit like Link's?

[/QUOTE]
It would be the same basic idea, with minor differences. It'd work like the mechanics in said game, except maybe he could also do the same with posters or the like, as well. Not really much of a material restriction to it, and instead of a time limit, it might just make him a tad bit more easily exhausted, like he is with his floaty-ability-thing he has already.

Hi! I'm really sorry for being inactive for a while now, I was really sick! My body temperature hit 40 degrees, and I wasn't allowed to open my phone or my laptop since my eye got infected with a virus too :(

At any rate, I'll post soon w.w

[QUOTE="Lady Ravenshade]I'll be away on Easter break for 10 days, going to Japan.

[/QUOTE]
Oh! Come visit me! Lol jk jk. Have fun! Which part of Japan will you be in?

FinalStraw said:
Hi! I'm really sorry for being inactive for a while now, I was really sick! My body temperature hit 40 degrees, and I wasn't allowed to open my phone or my laptop since my eye got infected with a virus too :(
At any rate, I'll post soon w.w
Ah, sorry to hear about your sickness, but glad you're back. ;)

I did end up botting your character a bit by writing your character as having arrived with Kiefer in the Dining Hall. Hope you don't mind! I can edit it if you wish.

[QUOTE="Pretzel Heart]Oh! Come visit me! Lol jk jk. Have fun! Which part of Japan will you be in?
Ah, sorry to hear about your sickness, but glad you're back. ;)

I did end up botting your character a bit by writing your character as having arrived with Kiefer in the Dining Hall. Hope you don't mind! I can edit it if you wish.

[/QUOTE]
That's fine!

I replied to Kiefer's post, I hope I didn't misread anything of the sort ;o

FinalStraw said:
That's fine!
I replied to Kiefer's post, I hope I didn't misread anything of the sort ;o
I just read it.

It's in the NPC post I made this morning, if you look around the purple text heheh. Maybe add a bit to the end of your post and I'll respond to you in my closing post for Kiefer. (^.^)

[QUOTE="Pretzel Heart]You just wrap it around your IMG
Code:
[imageFloat=right][img=URL][/imageFloat]
[/CODE]

..?..

...-

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Pretzel Heart]I just read it.
It's in the NPC post I made this morning, if you look around the purple text heheh. Maybe add a bit to the end of your post and I'll respond to you in my closing post for Kiefer. (^.^)

[/QUOTE]
Ahh, okay! I'll do so ASAP!

You can change 'right' to 'left' as well, jfyi. Just make sure you don't capitalize it I do that mistake all the time >_>;

[QUOTE="Pretzel Heart]You can change 'right' to 'left' as well, jfyi. Just make sure you don't capitalize it I do that mistake all the time >_>;

[/QUOTE]
Thank you soooo much, it looks so pretty now!

So, would that kind lf magic be allowed? It seems as if my character is very weak magically, at this current time. I'm not trying to become super powerful or anything, I'm just trying to spice up my character a bit. Because Felix seems to be bland as tofu in comparison to everyone else's characters.

@wizard nibblers

FelixWrightwind said:
So, would that kind lf magic be allowed? It seems as if my character is very weak magically, at this current time. I'm not trying to become super powerful or anything, I'm just trying to spice up my character a bit. Because Felix seems to be bland as tofu in comparison to everyone else's characters.
@wizard nibblers
Everyone is kinda equally as bland lol, you're also the only non-NPC arie so you can do way more magic than everyone else (except witches) already (@Pretzel Heart whenever you're around, I feel like we should set actual parameters for what is average magic for the average arie class for and anyone who wants to be arie or mention arie magic in their posts, I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of levitating objects that they would be able to lift normally and commanding small tools to do work, like magic sewing needles or hammers and independently playing instruments hm hmm things to work out in lore, probably?)

It certainly sounds like something a thief would learn through intense independent study, (meaning it wouldn't be easy to learn but considering his profession it sounds reasonable for him, even if he has an average magic level, to learn as long as he's spent a lot of time trying) but I imagine it would come with some limitations- people who can afford it would probably hire talented arie to place anti-thievery charms on their businesses, homes, or even purses and handbags to make sure sneaking magic like that or object summoning spells couldn't be used against them (I think royal dungeons and prisons would have that as well, but perhaps not common shops and homes of the average class)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Pretzel Heart[/URL] whenever you're around, I feel like we should set actual parameters for what is average magic for the average arie class for and anyone who wants to be arie or mention arie magic in their posts, I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of levitating objects that they would be able to lift normally and commanding small tools to do work, like magic sewing needles or hammers and independently playing instruments hm hmm things to work out in lore, probably?)
It certainly sounds like something a thief would learn through intense independent study, (meaning it wouldn't be easy to learn but considering his profession it sounds reasonable for him, even if he has an average magic level, to learn as long as he's spent a lot of time trying) but I imagine it would come with some limitations- people who can afford it would probably hire talented arie to place anti-thievery charms on their businesses, homes, or even purses and handbags to make sure sneaking magic like that or object summoning spells couldn't be used against them (I think royal dungeons and prisons would have that as well, but perhaps not common shops and homes of the average class)
Rien, forgotten and forlorn. (:'()

@Pretzel Heart[/URL] whenever you're around, I feel like we should set actual parameters for what is average magic for the average arie class for and anyone who wants to be arie or mention arie magic in their posts, I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of levitating objects that they would be able to lift normally and commanding small tools to do work, like magic sewing needles or hammers and independently playing instruments hm hmm things to work out in lore, probably?)
Also, I have another rather controversial magical ability that I'd like to implement for him. It's really advanced magic to learn, so it'd be, like, way later into the story. But what I was thinking is he'd go from his current half-antagonist state to a better person later on, and try to redeem himself after getting out/escaping jail and living a clean life, and by doing that, he'd spend a long time trying to learn this spell. This isn't a normal one- it's one-use only, and once it's used, the effects stay without leaving. What it'd do is split his soul in two and create an alternate form of himself, which is mostly the same, yet the opposite gender. With this spell, he could switch between the two forms at any time he wanted. He'd mostly stay in his (well, then, I guess her) female state, so as to be used as a disguise in order to live a functional, lawful life. But the main usefulness of this ability would be that, in times of desperation, he could actually split and use both forms at once for a short amount of time, great for fighting (though it would be a short time before he'd have to go back down to one). So what do you think? Too weird? Weird enough to be a good idea? Or a trash idea?

You know, it's funny you mention that. Because if a certain GM actually read the section on 'Magic' that the other GM typed up and sent to them they would know...hmm hm hm

Lady Ravenshade] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/22499-pretzel-heart/ said:
@Pretzel Heart[/URL]
I'll try to squeeze a last post out today! Sapporo :)
Sapporo!! That's where I went a few months ago it was so nice! So to the Shiroi Koibito factory if you can, I thought it was pretty cool... >o>;;

@Pretzel Heart Yes! We're planning to go there, can't wait :3 though it's a shame Nelly will be missing a day or two possibly, it would be awesome if I could try and post from the phone. I'll try but no guarantees ( :( ) i wanna cry but i'm also psyched at the same time. =.=

@Pretzel Heart It's still kinda nonspecific (like it lists how it works and specific things that they can do but not really what the extent of an average arie's abilities are) but I guess we can review questionable uses on a case-to-case basis?

MLAQTS said:
Rien, forgotten and forlorn. (:'()
OH YEAH OF COURSE YOU TOO

FelixWrightwind said:
Also, I have another rather controversial magical ability that I'd like to implement for him. It's really advanced magic to learn, so it'd be, like, way later into the story. But what I was thinking is he'd go from his current half-antagonist state to a better person later on, and try to redeem himself after getting out/escaping jail and living a clean life, and by doing that, he'd spend a long time trying to learn this spell. This isn't a normal one- it's one-use only, and once it's used, the effects stay without leaving. What it'd do is split his soul in two and create an alternate form of himself, which is mostly the same, yet the opposite gender. With this spell, he could switch between the two forms at any time he wanted. He'd mostly stay in his (well, then, I guess her) female state, so as to be used as a disguise in order to live a functional, lawful life. But the main usefulness of this ability would be that, in times of desperation, he could actually split and use both forms at once for a short amount of time, great for fighting (though it would be a short time before he'd have to go back down to one). So what do you think? Too weird? Weird enough to be a good idea? Or a trash idea?
He'd probably be spending all his time learning that spell and no time actually going out and living his life. Also, this RP is only one in-game month long (not that it couldn't be longer, if everyone's still here one IC month later then of course we can go on) He'd probably look pretty similar anyway, so it wouldn't help much as a disguise. (But he can still be Felicia or whatever other more "feminine name" you pick)

If you don't want him to fight alone, make some friends :P

Lady Ravenshade] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/22499-pretzel-heart/ said:
@Pretzel Heart[/URL] Yes! We're planning to go there, can't wait :3 though it's a shame Nelly will be missing a day or two possibly, it would be awesome if I could try and post from the phone. I'll try but no guarantees ( :( ) i wanna cry but i'm also psyched at the same time. =.=
It's okay, we'll figure out something for your character. If you want someone to pretend like she is tagging along or just overslept is up to you.

But enjoy your trip! Actually I was sharing some of the chocolate I bought there last night and reminiscing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back