• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Primum Movens: Open!

Yeah I'm really sorry a lot of unfortunate things happened the past few days so I've been unable to write and I know there are people waiting but it really couldn't be helped. But I will have a post up tomorrow morning (I'm going to sleep now). I'm probably going to have to wake up at some ridiculous hour to do it which just shows how much I love you guys. :")

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Pretzel Heart]I'm probably going to have to wake up at some ridiculous hour to do it

[/QUOTE]
Only from the best GM's on RPNation! (':3)

Also @Rapror Augustine sorry for taking a while to get back to you due to aforementioned life interventions as well as wiznibs and I needing to spend some time thinking about your character. After careful discussion this is what we have decided.

Unfortunately, we are unable to accept your character at this time. While we encourage people to come up with ideas, we also ask that they discuss them with us beforehand, since we do have our own thoughts on the story and the world, despite the fact that we tried to leave avenues open for others to come up with their own interpretations.

Though it was not expressly stated in the rules before, which is our own fault and will now be rectified, originally there was only supposed to be only one "other worlder" in this RP.

This is because the magic is extraordinarily rare and limiting that helps to highlight the unique case of the "Replacement Princess" as well as protect her secret identity for purposes of plot. However, we made one past exception after a lengthy discussion with the applicant prior to and during their character creation process. We also wanted to ensure that their characters' story had a role to play to enhance the story overall, since we do have specific plot aims for this RP that we and others have been working very hard on. For now we would like to keep the plot contained to the conflict in Roserasia, and we believe your ideas are too unrelated to make much sense in this story. If it helps you can imagine the way we view this RP as a symphony where people are free to play whatever instruments and add whatever grace notes as they would like, but ultimately it all has to add up to a single, cohesive song.

That being said, if you would like to discuss your character further and maybe work on ways to incorporate them into the RPs story, please feel free to message us. Well, wiznibs might be better, because my hands will be tied these coming days.

[QUOTE="Pretzel Heart]We're not perfect but honestly we try so hard....

[/QUOTE]
Well, I guess you're also the only GMs on this site I've ever interacted with too, so there's that-

But don't be so modest, we all appreciate you two more than you think, don't we?

I think I'm gonna try to start making an effort to learn BBCode for the in-character rp section.

But there's one teensy problem-

How do I change the paper type?

@FelixWrightwind @Unwavering Knight Lol I hope we're good GMs ;A;

@Rapror Augustine (and Felix by extension) We're both always worried about beiing seen as idea-squishers here bc we do want people to bring in their own ideas (we don't wanna be Those GMs who shut out other people just so their own characters can have cool arcs) but we also want to make sure that we maintain balance between what people want for their characters and what will benefit the RP as a whole.

Our fear is that if we accept ideas that don't build onto and support the stuff we already have we'll end up being so all over the place that everyone's plot will get buried and nothing will happen, and/or we'll all split off into our own groups following our own stories and we won't be a unified RP.

I haven't even gotten to rp Trash Prince yet I will let this RP die over my cold dead body

Tbh, this is one of the best thought out and well orchestrated ideas I've seen on this site yet and I really just love this whole group of people- all y'all are great.

I take it we won't be getting an announcement from the king about it being almost the end of the night? If was waiting for that before I had Naomi inviting Nelly and Helbrecht to breakfast the next day, but I can work it in now?

wizard nibblers] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/28991-felixwrightwind/ said:
@FelixWrightwind[/URL] @Unwavering Knight Lol I hope we're good GMs ;A;
@Rapror Augustine (and Felix by extension) We're both always worried about beiing seen as idea-squishers here bc we do want people to bring in their own ideas (we don't wanna be Those GMs who shut out other people just so their own characters can have cool arcs) but we also want to make sure that we maintain balance between what people want for their characters and what will benefit the RP as a whole.

Our fear is that if we accept ideas that don't build onto and support the stuff we already have we'll end up being so all over the place that everyone's plot will get buried and nothing will happen, and/or we'll all split off into our own groups following our own stories and we won't be a unified RP.

I haven't even gotten to rp Trash Prince yet I will let this RP die over my cold dead body
Oh yeah-

About the grim reaper idea.

I'm trashin' it, 'kay? I'll find a better, more believable one, alrighty?

FelixWrightwind said:
Oh yeah-

Okay! I promise he won't spend the rest of the RP in jail lol, I can have someone bribe him out so he can walk free (although he might have to convince whoever gets him out) or maybe you'd like him to break out?

FelixWrightwind said:
Oh yeah-

If you wanted to make him an antagonist- he could be really really bitter after this incident, and stop trusting (maybe even begin hating) humans and human society. a very "I didn't even do anything and they jailed me! Humans are the worst!" kind of thing- it would be really cool to see Felix become a sort of arien extremist after a bunch of the characters rushed to his defense.

[QUOTE="The Succubi Queen]Tbh, this is one of the best thought out and well orchestrated ideas I've seen on this site yet and I really just love this whole group of people- all y'all are great.
I take it we won't be getting an announcement from the king about it being almost the end of the night? If was waiting for that before I had Naomi inviting Nelly and Helbrecht to breakfast the next day, but I can work it in now?

[/QUOTE]
Pretz said there'll be a post tomorrow (which would probably be this evening PST time)

@Rapror Augustine Also forgot to answer your question- his appearance and personality are fine, it's just his backstory :P

@FelixWrightwind Like this thing? Is it restricted by anything like the dimensions of the wall or the material it's made of? Would it have a time limit like Link's?

Oh btw, when you put in {Print=Paper Type} replace the paper type with either "line", "graph", or "parchment" (And if you put your text changing BBcode within that parameter it will change the text within the paper)

:'D My alarm didn't work this morning but it's okay since I was given the wrong flight info so I have a few extra hours. And I needed sleep.

Writing now.

@wizard nibblers Wow okay cool that's cool not like I was typing a response here.

Well screw it I'll still post my code anyways.

FelixWrightwind said:

I think I'm gonna try to start making an effort to learn BBCode for the in-character rp section.

But there's one teensy problem-

How do I change the paper type?

In your code where it says 'paper type' you substitute it for one of the 'options' (line, graph, or parchment).

So instead of

Code:
[Print=Paper Type] La de da [/Print]
[/CODE]

put

Code:
[Print=Line] La de da [/Print]

or

Code:
[Print=Graph] La de da [/Print]

Also @Unwavering Knight @The Succubi Queen and everyone, really. We do greatly appreciate your support and sticking with us for so long. We are truly lucky to have such a great group of RPers. :)

@Ldybug123

Perhaps you missed our comments the first time, but as we said before, the role you are currently trying to apply for has already been taken (taken and available roles are listed in the 'Character Database' as well as the 'Character Information' table). We made those to make it easier to see who was and wasn't available since the GM's decided it would be less cluttered to put our characters in the 'Neutral Character' tab.

Since there is only one 'prince' spot currently open, if you want to join as a prince you can talk to @DemonKitten to try and work out the details to rework your character.

Thank you.

Please someone give aiko her loving brother and don't tease her any longer

I thank y'all for being a nicely active roleplay. Not simple roleplay active but perfect active for old DemonKitten

Alright, as of this moment everyone is free to post their final thoughts on Day 1 and the Opening Banquet. You have the next 48 hours before we will move on, whether you have posted or not. Please do not make Day 2 posts until we officially move on (to keep the timing straight).

And @FelixWrightwind can you please delete your last post and re-post it under the King's? It's triggering my OCD since you posted before we had officially moved onwards.

I will be attending to a guest for the coming days (until April 1st), but as I have put this RP as my highest priority I will do my best to keep up. But for now, please direct all questions at @wizard nibblers for her to deal with, lol.

As always, thanks for sticking with us! Hopefully this RP can continue to hold fun and secrets for all, heheheh. We are looking forward to lots of plot developments on the coming days. And I believe the first Dance Competition is at the end of the week. So please look forward to it!

Stay swaggy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back