• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Primum Movens: Open!

I did try to reach the GMs, but they appear to have suffered some major real life troubles and as such are not interested in keeping active on the site for the near future.

It is saddening, I had great joy in this RP and there were a lot of good participants.

Where characters eventually are reused doesn't matter, but I do personally find it quite offensive and disrespectful to take someone else's world, setting, set-up, and/or lore to create your own RP, without the direct consent of the GM(s) that set the 'original' one up.

But that is just my 2 cents on the subject.

Olissa said:
Where characters eventually are reused doesn't matter, but I do personally find it quite offensive and disrespectful to take someone else's world, setting, set-up, and/or lore to create your own RP, without the direct consent of the GM(s) that set the 'original' one up.
But that is just my 2 cents on the subject.
Well excuse me, it was just an idea. People borrow the idea of worlds from indie games (such as Undertale) and use it all the time. This world was based on a game according to them. And I didn't mean a direct continuation- I meant an altered universe where the only things that aren't changed are our personal characters. It's what I meant by "branchoff". That way, things will go differently if the gm's decide to fire this one back up one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
You see, by "branchoff", I mean the only similarities are the characters of ours, not even the npc's will exist. The world would be completely different- I could make information for the major parts of it. The npcs don't exist, there's a timeline of completely different... Everything. None of Primum Movens' story is relevant, as it won't exist. No Rebellion, no Greedo kingdom, etc... This is also a good chance for us to see what cool changes we could make to our characters to see what happens with them. Maybe Felix and @Rapror Augustine are a thieving duo that hide in the desolate desert when they aren't on the job. What would happen in that timeline? We wouldn't know- we'd have to find out.

Damn I've been away a while, and this is now over? ;-; Not even an IC post to me name

@Ranulf01 , it was good working with you on it all, shame that it never came to use :( But yeah, ditto what @ParadoxalPaladin said, and see you guys around sometime :P

So...
Don't know how many people will read this or have any interest in following this RP, but Wiznibs and I felt that it was the least we could do to write our final words.

As far as explanations for our absence, I will have to admit that at some point I lost all contact with Wiznibs. I was eventually able to coax her our of hiding by avoiding talking about this RP, and later I found out that she was dealing with issues a school which is why she couldn't respond, and we were able to re-establish our relationship. However, over that month I honestly had no idea what to do with this RP. I tried to think about how I could carry it all on myself, if I should keep trying to wait for her, try to seek out new support...but honestly my motivation was lost without Wiznibs by my side since we started this thing together and I couldn't imagine doing it without her. 

What I had planned to do was write something much like this explaining what had happened and saying that while I hoped to reboot the RP in the future, for now the forum would be open to you guys to use however, just without the backing of the GMs. This is still valid. You guys can post in any of the "Primum Movens" threads however you'd like...though might be a moot point at this stage in the game, eheheh.

Anyways, unfortunately I ended up having to deal with a slew of IRL emergencies myself. While I really really wanted to balance my IRL and RP lives during this period...it was just too much to deal with at once and I just couldn't hack it. Plus a lot was coming at me out of nowhere, so in the end I decided it was best to just take a break. Things have....more or less stabilized, though I'm a bit cautious at the moment to jump to any conclusions since life has a funny way of springing up on you. So while both Wiznibs and I have returned to RPN...we're still just kind of feeling out the new system and don't want to make any heavy commitments just yet.

Both of us feel pretty terrible that we broke our sacred GM vows to you guys and wish things could have turned out differently. But it was fun while it lasted and we thank you all for bearing with us through this RP. It was our first time GMing on RPN so we got to learn a lot about how things work here and what we can improve upon in the future.  ;)

That being said, since we are still married to this idea, we have started to work on a reboot that will both add in the new changes we planned to implement and sort out the kinks that lead to this RP's failure in the past. Still working on how to make these improvements as well as figuring out the new RPN system which smacked us both sideways on our first login back, so no exact estimate on when this will be finished, but we are hopeful for some point this autumn.

If any of you are interested in joining the new iteration of this RP, which will be a "Hosted Project," we will work out some sort of system where you can have a chance to reclaim your old character before we officially open to newcomers. However, there will be some significant changes to the CS (not to mention potentially having to re-code everything), so just be aware of that.

If you have no desire to join, no worries! Literally no beef on our part. This will probably be the last time I tag everyone from the old cast in one post, except for when the new RP opens up (or we'll use the invitation system, idk yet), but we'll try not to pester those who have moved on. Anyways, hopefully we will see you around RPN in the future since you guys were all awesome to work with. :)  Even if you are over this idea and want to take a break from us lol, we are also hoping to try out a new RP with more of a science-fiction theme sometime next year, so maybe we can find some familiar faces at that time, too.  ^_^

Wishing you all the best, and hope you can forgive us for breaking our promise. 
oTZ

@Olissa @MLAQTS @wizard nibblers @Spiritdancer @Rapror Augustine @Felix Wrightwind @Ranulf01 @Archangel @Namie @DemonKitten @The Succubi Queen @ParadoxalPaladin @Three Clubs @Lady Ravenshade @Beowulf @Unwavering Knight

Thanks for the headsup. As sad as it is to have a roleplay go out like this, it happens. And at least we know now that the two of you are alive and in (hopefully) good health.

I'll definitely be interested in hearing about a reboot. I don't know if I'll have the time to join once it's up, but I certainly hope so. So once it's up, let me know as well.

Perhaps till somewhere in the (near) future!

I'd totally love to move on to the new-system reboot! I honestly missed this thing so much- you guys were the ones who inspired me to make a rp of my own! So, yes, I'll definitely be moving on with you all! And I'll stick around to the end of this tale- no matter what! So consider me counted in- and I'm not too sure if I'll carry my old character over, or make a new one instead- I guess I'll see when the new thread is made and I can see the direction it's going in.

Looking forward to the awesome reboot- and sorry for the late response. The notifications are wonky here, and I didn't hear about any of this until @Rapror Augustine (whom I know in real life) told me about this.

@Pretzel Heart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back