• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Primum Movens: Open!

Lady Ravenshade] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/1342-unwavering-knight/ said:
@Unwavering Knight[/URL] Just remembered something! Would you still be up to rping the healing dance that Helbrecht suggested Nelly do for his cuts and stuffs.. It'd be interesting I think. That is if there's still enough time left on the second day.
Hoh. You would be aware that Helbrecht would first have to discard his armor to conduct the ritual. Completely. What would Nelly think he would have left beneath?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Unwavering Knight[/URL] Must you have brought that up?!?!
It is important that the writer is aware what she might be getting into. Understand that I am more amused about the matter than anything, really.

As it is, Helbrecht has been noted to be rather unwilling to expose himself to onlookers. Why? Who knows. Probably something silly and/or irrational as usual. Though if the witch insists, she might get a glimpse, for better, for worse, or simply for the ultimate awkwardness.

I don't mind awkward situations, the cringe has potential for hilarity/drama. Do you?

@Unwavering Knight I'd like to that that I am quite aware of what may happen. Most likely involving a great deal of discomfort.

And no, I don't at all mind good ol' awkwardness. IMO it makes things ever the more believable. Will Helbrecht be bringing that up in his next post then or should I edit mine.

@Lady Ravenshade - I think it would be quicker if you simply added an edit if the witch expresses the wish to bear witness to the knight's ritual.

A strange thing, that he would forgo such a manner of privacy and give her entrance to the one place that he could find where he would be isolated from prying eyes as he rendered himself vulnerable. Perhaps he is testing her?

If I were to post now, Helbrecht would just politely ask Lin to leave, stating he was about to initiate the self-purification. Is that what you would prefer?

It's been a week now I think since I last showed a sign of life/participation, but I'm here, I'm always here :D

Rapror Augustine]sorry I haven't been active lately right now I'm stuck waiting for one of two people to reply in the IC. [/QUOTE] Consider talking to those you wait on directly. Far too often does it happen in RPs that people wait on eachother without knowing the other party is waiting for the. State yourself and your intentions cleary. [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/17669-lady-ravenshade/ said:
@Lady Ravenshade[/URL] - writing

I've been reading along. Lol just not super talkative in OOC lately cause I'm on vacation. Hitting the waters of the lakes and beach of the east coast. But I'm around....AND WATCHING...AND LISTENING....AND BEING CREEPY lol.

Also: Helbrecht is adorable.

@Unwavering Knight Hey, just checking in! I noticed that it's taking you a bit long to write, just wondering when the post'll be up and if you need any aid in writing/coming up with ideas? (^.^)

Lady Ravenshade] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/1342-unwavering-knight/ said:
@Unwavering Knight[/URL] Hey, just checking in! I noticed that it's taking you a bit long to write, just wondering when the post'll be up and if you need any aid in writing/coming up with ideas? (^.^)
Hmm, I have to admit, I am just slightly uncertain. Where do you want this particular encounter to go?

Suppose one possible outcome: Lin is allowed to stay while Helbrecht exposes himself in the dark and starts his dance of self-flagellation, which can very well go on for hours unless he hears "The Call". This could only occur if she keeps being insistent on being present, ie: ignores all his requests for her absence.

Suppose another possible outcome: Lin leaves, allowing Helbrecht to perform his ritual in peace. Though she could just pretend to leave, hiding in the water to catch a blink. This would have an uncertain outcome.

If you have any further ideas, I am quite open to hear them. If you feel squeamish writing on any of these, then we can just wait for the next day, or you can return to the beach with Lin. Whatever your choice, I will not deride you for doing what you want.

Oh god, my notifications decided to die for this thread! So sorry, I'll catch up with any and everything I can!

@Unwavering Knight[/URL] Come to think of it, things couldn't go much further after. I was thinking a possible outcome would be that Nelly simply discovers some more about Helbrecht but it's quite a weak end result really. The second suggestion sound alright to me however there wouldn't be much interaction between them during that period of time so I'm a slightly iffy on that as it would just be Nelly observing and Helbrecht going about his ritual. :/

I think it'd be better if Helbrecht declined her invitation and they could both head back to the beach, what do you think? Unless, you've already starting writing something, you're welcome to finish it and we could see how things go from there?

OR instead he could avoid Nelly's request and instead just explain the uses of the surgical tools scattered about the cave seeing that she is curious and rather uneducated on the subject of sharp stabby objects ._.

@Unwavering Knight[/URL] Come to think of it, things couldn't go much further after. I was thinking a possible outcome would be that Nelly simply discovers some more about Helbrecht but it's quite a weak end result really. The second suggestion sound alright to me however there wouldn't be much interaction between them during that period of time so I'm a slightly iffy on that as it would just be Nelly observing and Helbrecht going about his ritual. :/
I think it'd be better if Helbrecht declined her invitation and they could both head back to the beach, what do you think? Unless, you've already starting writing something, you're welcome to finish it and we could see how things go from there?
I have prepared some visual portraits for the occasion that someone would catch sight of Helbrecht without the armor early on. Rest assured it would only fulfill the "find out a little more about him" as opposed to "be immediately spoiled" outcome. Understand that right now, Helbrecht feels rather saddened with his continuing failure to locate the Lady. The Ritual serves to restore him in brutal but quick fashion.

Or at least it should have. With Lin having helped, accompanied and weathered through his repulsive habits, going through the day without cutting himself open is actually a viable alternative.

Hmmm...

Heyo. Just a quick update to prove that contrary to the evidence we have not abandoned the RP.

Things have been extremely difficult technology wise, first my computer combusting then Wiznibs lost her Internet...and now she's just being a shit (she told me I could say that, it's ok). We've had multiple Skype sessions dedicated to talking about changes and updates for the RP but there's still a few things that we haven't resolved to a good point yet and it's hard when time difference severely limits our windows of availability. In any case there is a lot of typing ahead...but the plan is once I get my new computer to go hole up in the nice little Starbucks in Ueno Park and just get 'er done.

Soo I'ma set a deadline that by June 20th all of the new information will be updated, people will be messaged, and we will plan to move forward with the RP for all interested parties (which...last time I checked, means everyone xD ). It's possible that it may be done sooner but at the moment I'm feeling a little lost with all the obstacles and I want to make sure that things are done right and it'll be worth the long, long wait. ><

As was said before, you all are welcome to continue posting or just to wait for the official rebirth of the RP but just know we will be continuing with Day 2 once the RP starts up again so just keep that in mind.

Yeah....it's totally the GMs' fault it's kind of stagnant and you all have been left to your own devices, but also there's just too many important things we want to establish before pressing on. And since this is a plot-based RP we can't really just hand over the reins especially as we are still invested in this RP for our own selfish reasons and as creators we get to be selfish. Also personally I have never been a fan of timeskips to resolve plot issues.

So I hope it is not too troubling to ask for a little more patience in this regard since you all opted to stay in the RP. Though if any of you change your mind the sooner you let us know the better.

Please continue to message us ideas or post them in the 'Notes' tab as these have all been taken into consideration and will go into the new version of the RP.

Stay swaggy,

Aye aye sir, will be right here all gets to moving again. A lot of luck to both of you to get all the technological issues resolved!

[QUOTE="Unwavering Knight]I have prepared some visual portraits for the occasion that someone would catch sight of Helbrecht without the armor early on. Rest assured it would only fulfill the "find out a little more about him" as opposed to "be immediately spoiled" outcome. Understand that right now, Helbrecht feels rather saddened with his continuing failure to locate the Lady. The Ritual serves to restore him in brutal but quick fashion.
Or at least it should have. With Lin having helped, accompanied and weathered through his repulsive habits, going through the day without cutting himself open is actually a viable alternative.

Hmmm...

[/QUOTE]
I see. I'm sure Nelly could be of service to the knight, I'm quite satisfied with the idea. I think we should go with that and save the Ritual scene for some other time then.

A

[QUOTE="Lady Ravenshade]I see. I'm sure Nelly could be of service to the knight, I'm quite satisfied with the idea. I think we should go with that and save the Ritual scene for some other time then.

[/QUOTE]
Alright then! Just gonna have fun explaining the different "dance"-tools to Lin, then back to the beach we go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back