• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern {Open} Teen Roleplay

"Everyone seems to already not want to be here." Kenny said under his breath. He then moved and put his headphones up over his ears and started bobbing his head to the beat.

Murphy took out a notebook and pencil, waiting for class to begin. She started decorating the cover with little drawings of planets and rocket ships. She only looks up to see a guy quickly breeze past her. She glances at the faces around the room and quickly looks back down at her desk.

Kenny was told to take off his headphones soon after putting them on. "So close." He laughed brushing his hair out of his eyes, glancing up at the clock. Kenny is so ready for this day to be over with already.

Sky could feel her phone going off in her pocket she took it out and her mother had texted her and told her that they weren't coming home for another 2 weeks " love you too" she said sarcastically, then she put her phone away and pulled a magazine out of her bag and started looking through it

sitting in the front row, alina tries desperately to pay attention, she finds school boring, but she really has to focus this year if she is going to have any hope of getting into college. she looks over at the boy with headphones enviously. I wish I could tune out like him, she thinks to herself. No sooner does she notice headphone-boy, that the teacher notices him too:

"kenneth," their teacher mr. dansby says to the boy in a slightly mocking tone, "unless you're listening to romeo & juliet on audiobook, I suggest you take those headphones off now". the class begins to snicker.

Kenny laughs and then let's out. "Romeo O' Romeo, where art thou my dear Romeo." and smirks at the teacher before taking his headphones off and placing them back around his neck.

Murphy chuckles at the exchange between the student and teacher. She always sarcastic humor.

Aylessa giggled a bit at Kenny's remark. 'Maybe school won't be too bad.' She thought, sneaking her phone back into her bookbag.

alina joins in with the giggles at headphone boy's joke and does her best to keep her eyes fixed on mr. dansby, who is desperately trying to appeal to his teenaged class:

"you kids like eminem and iggy azalea and all them cool rappers of today? well let me tell you something kids, shakespeare was the original rapper. let me lay some of his "sick rhymes" on ya:

Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?

Thou art more lovely and more temperate.

Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,

And summer’s lease hath all too short a date.

'Oh brother,' alina sighs to herself. 'it's almost worse when they try to be relatable...' She decides to scan the classroom to glimpse her fellow prisoners for the year and she sees........

Aylessa groaned at Mr. Dansby poor attempt to show how Shakespeare was a cool rapper. Aylessa looked over at a wall and zoned out.

Kenny face palms at the attempt of the teacher's joke and shakes his head. "Oh please no." He said as he tried to hold in a smile. Kenny slammed his head on his desk.

Sky was focused on the message her mom sent her that she didn't really hear what was going on until she could hear someone hit their head on the desk. She jumped a little and looked back, then turned right around

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alina sees that the whole class looks about ready to kill themselves (indeed, kenny seemed to be trying to bash his skull in at his desk), and decides to liven things up a bit and raises her hand:

mr. dansby looks almost shocked that one of his students is participating--"yes, alina?"

Wow, Mr. Dansby, that sure is fly about Shakespeare, I feel like shakespeare is one my homies now! but what i think we all want to know is, if shakespeare got in a rap battle with nicki minaj, who would win?

Mr. Dansby was a bit confused by the relevance of alina's question (for one thing he wasn't sure who Nicki Minaj was), but it had been a long time since a student had shown any enthusiasm in one of his classes, so he decided to run with it:

"that's an excellent question, alina, why don't we ask the class what they think? Anyone care to venture an opinion?"

Kenny tried to hold in his laugh. "My Anaconda don't want none." he said between his laugh.

(( Getting off sorry, long work day tomrorow. ))

Aylessa was brought back into reality when she heard Kenny bashing his head on his desk. That's when she heard the teachers question and rolled her eyes. "They're both terrible." Aylessa mumbled.

Sky kept looking at the clock and just wanted to leave, she tried to look like she was some what listening to what the teacher was saying, looking at everyone else the feeling must have been mutual

Murphy passed by the class time by doodling and letting out occasional giggles. She tapped the eraser end of her pencil on her desk rhythmically. "Shakespeare, obviously" she smirked. "He's the most old-school rapper there is, so it's a given."

-Davis-

I run back into school as i eonder where Karen was. I knew I was late for class, so i frown. I arrive and sit down, out of breath.

~Hope~

I dragged myself out of my bed for my blaring alarm. "Please let me sleep!! It's still Sunday!" I had a dream about it being Sunday, and it was so darn realistic, I'd falling for it. I looked at the date on my phone, then frowned. I got ready and flew downstairs. I grabbed an apple and looked at my mother. "Please?" I gave her a small puppy face. "Just to get to school?" She shook her face, and I huffed. "Fine." I grabbed my bag and started running outside. I was a five minute walk away from the school. I bit my lower lip. It was already 33. If I continued at such a pace, I should make it 38-39, no doubt. I finally saw the school building, but it was already 38. I stopped for a while to catch my breath. "Darn." I muttered.

~Karen~

"Welp, I need to drag this home." I say, grabbing the piece of wood and carrying it, with troubles.

~Davis~

"Sorry Mr....?" I trail off, not knowing his name. "Densby. Now, we were just talking about how Shakespear was an original rapper." He replies, and I raise my hand. "Mr. Danbee, if you look around the room, everyone is groaning, and the man in front of me is banging his head on the desk. I myself don't care for rap, and by the looks of it, they don't like it either...or maybe they think that he wasn't a rapper...anyway, I like to think Shakespear a great poem creator, not some dumb rapper who raps about a snake."

~Hope~

I saw someone dragging something, and walked to them. "Hi!" I smiled. I was already late. "Why are you carrying a piece of wood?"

Kenny began leaning back in his chair. "Shakespeare is better, it's not even a question. He had more passion and it was so beautiful when spoken."

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back