• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Nation-States: Empires of Valinor

It seems fruitless to attack your force directly as you would have a major advantage. But sitting in the capital waiting for an attack is not my style at all.

Hm, I have my response planned. Will type it up after work.

Turn your enemies e against them, that's something Jarky would say. I'll take it too heart.

I think it keeps the conversation in your alerts - I sticky all of my bookmarks for that reason.

I have some questions

First of all, despite it being night, how did no one notice a massive amount of weapons wielding men leave the docks. And why wouldn't they report it to the authorities

And how does a Napoleonic age army "remove all markings from their uniforms". Their uniform is basically their entire clothing save their under shirts and under wear. Their pants, coats, boots, gloves, hats and maybe even an under layer would clearly mark them as Slonian soldiers.

And how do 6,000 men with completely different skin tones, speech patterns, etc just blend into the city? Its doubtful their are many, if ANY natives of Slonian decent.

And where are their guns? Surely a ton of people hiding in the alley ways with guns would raise alarms.

They bribed the port authority. All the guards at the docks left. So that's how they smuggled them into the city. As to how they blended in, I'm eager to see Necro's response. I figured they would hide in a warehouse or something.

Shireling said:
They bribed the port authority. All the guards at the docks left. So that's how they smuggled them into the city. As to how they blended in, I'm eager to see Necro's response. I figured they would hide in a warehouse or something.
6,000 men in a single warehouse? Don't think building in the 1800s were big enough for that.

I need to know how their hiding. That determines whyshr or not my leaders would of noticed the amount if slonians in the capital. If they are out and about they would have a then they would order them all to be rounded up and then forced into a camp inside the city

Bobisdead123 said:
6,000 men in a single warehouse? Don't think building in the 1800s were big enough for that.
I need to know how their hiding. That determines whyshr or not my leaders would of noticed the amount if slonians in the capital. If they are out and about they would have a then they would order them all to be rounded up and then forced into a camp inside the city
Its a capital city of a diverse neutral nation, so foreigners are not uncommon. But six thousand men is a lot to hide in a city of about 80,000. I'm content to wait for Necro's explanation, but if I'm not satisfied I will retcon it.

Necros timing for his attack is very crucial. Very crucial.

I'm going to give Necro the benefit of the doubt and say his men are well hidden and my men didn't notice them

Kk I'll wait for his response

I'll prepare my post but will refrain from posting it till then. Its very crucial that his method of hiding them is legit.

This battle will determine how the war goes. Either I'll keep the capital and it'll likely be a stalemate at the river or ill be pushed to just outside the capital where a stalemate will ensue.

I won't end this war until

a) my Armies are dead

b) I settle for a peace deal where I have control of the capital.

Otherwise I'll keep this going.

Same thought, Bob.

I'm awaiting a post where these ten men get slaughtered by the newly recruited men, captured, killed by an angry mob etc. Otherwise, face the armies of Necro and I. Only you can halt, what we've set in motion...

I had all my guys, into tiny groups, scattared around the Capital. Since I expected him, to invade the capital.

More so, I had a few of more 'normal' looking guys, infiltrate the militia. As it is, hiding five man groups is easier, in a large diverse place, instead of 5000 in one place.

NecroKnight said:
I had all my guys, into tiny groups, scattared around the Capital. Since I expected him, to invade the capital.
More so, I had a few of more 'normal' looking guys, infiltrate the militia. As it is, hiding five man groups is easier, in a large diverse place, instead of 5000 in one place.
You have to be more specific. Where are these smaller groups hiding? For all Shireling knows they could be all standing in a corner trying not to look suspicious. Remember your men, unlike ISIS insurgents will NOT fit in. Their entire clothing clearly marks them as Slonain Soldiers (As in Napoleonic Times a Soldier's entire outfit was their uniform, every stich and color). And their carrying around muskets and they cant do that in the open.

Last edited by a moderator:
It had been stated, it was a large capital.

As such, I had them all divered out. Per say, a five man group, hiding in said various buildings. Very much divided apart for the moment.

NecroKnight said:
It had been stated, it was a large capital.
As such, I had them all divered out. Per say, a five man group, hiding in said various buildings. Very much divided apart for the moment.
Shireling said:
But six thousand men is a lot to hide in a city of about 80,000.

I'm not trying to like get you or anything. I was just wondering how you would hide that amount of men.

Now we wait for Shireling's response.

Its not that difficult - since nobody is expecting to look that closely in their capital for that. And they are very divided apart.

NecroKnight said:
Its not that difficult - since nobody is expecting to look that closely in their capital for that. And they are very divided apart.
Yeah I agree. Although the more spread out they are the harder it is to organize an effective attack quickly. Especially since I go by the "Speed is Key" Philosophy. That's why I didn't bother stationing troops in the Capital last night (My men were already set up for camp and would be marching off in the morning likely so it would waste time and energy) And Why most wont be in the city now because I want them prepped and ready tie march as soon as the time comes.

Me use paint.net 2 ^-^

Me plan is genius

Also; please note that I forgot to mention that I sprinkled some Praustein Troops inside the Miltias, these troops will help strengthen their resolve nd keep them fighting.

About 300 total. That still leaves em with 18k in my Praustien Army as they were replaced with the Veteran Kasrulian Troops who joined me.

The difficulty of communicating was bothering me, but I figured out a solution! Bonfires!!!

I've ensured that I haven't impeded upon Necro's advantage. My men wont be expecting your attack. They fortified the inner Palace to server as a last stand. (And the Men on the walls will likely be watching the outside although the untrained militia will likely glance back into the city and accidently see your men :3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back