• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy MvT: Magic vs Technology

(btw, if anyone is going to help me, please leave the Frost mage for last. i want it to be the final battle of the three. if your going to help me, please come in when im fighting the Fire mage in the Underworld level. and trust me, i have a plan of where im going with this ark. here is also a link to the entire ark MvT: Magic vs Technology. scroll down to the bottom)

Last edited by a moderator:
ZoroarkGangster said:
Cordelia Sterling "Oh hun, every pirate enjoys a bit of groveling." Cordelia chuckled and leaned forward, "However I suggest you take the street cred kid. If you do survive this... you're gonna need it if I ever run into you again." As she said this she glared at the mage and showed him a special silver medallion with the same crest of a crown with swords that was on her eyepatch before stuffing it in a random pocket of his. "You'll need this too if you survive. Trust me on that."
"EY don't you be picking my pockets girl!" He hissed, trying to tear away from her grip. "So what if I grovel you'll save me here? Listen I'll do whatever you want just get me out of here! I can entertain. Whatever that may be. Assuming I don't walk your fucking plank."

Inheritance said:
"EY don't you be picking my pockets girl!" He hissed, trying to tear away from her grip. "So what if I grovel you'll save me here? Listen I'll do whatever you want just get me out of here! I can entertain. Whatever that may be. Assuming I don't walk your fucking plank."
Cordelia Sterling "That coin I just gave you isn't any currency of value, besides, I don't need to pick your pockets, I got more money than I'll need for a good while." Sighing she glanced one more time to the city before ducking back into the car and leaning against the door. "Keep the coin kid. You'll need it." Looking over to the girl who had spoken up long ago she smiled. "You'll need one too girl. As for recruiting you, we'll see. Once hammer head is done questioning you I get to step in, it's part of my deal with the government of this land. Anyone, and I quote," She took out a paper from her dress and began reading aloud, "Anyone captain Sterling sees fit for her crew of pirates are exempt of all past crimes, if any, until their service is no longer needed, or Cordelia Sterling dies. This excludes mages of all sorts and government soldiers or authorities." Looking to the girl she rolled the paper up once more and stuffed it where it was before smiling. "I get to steal you from prison to give you a test run, if you fail... I bring you back here. You pass, you're with me from then on. Besides, I need some new crew, and not often do I find a girl who's got the talents we need."
@Cherrywitch

ZoroarkGangster said:
Cordelia Sterling "That coin I just gave you isn't any currency of value, besides, I don't need to pick your pockets, I got more money than I'll need for a good while." Sighing she glanced one more time to the city before ducking back into the car and leaning against the door. "Keep the coin kid. You'll need it." Looking over to the girl who had spoken up long ago she smiled. "You'll need one too girl. As for recruiting you, we'll see. Once hammer head is done questioning you I get to step in, it's part of my deal with the government of this land. Anyone, and I quote," She took out a paper from her dress and began reading aloud, "Anyone captain Sterling sees fit for her crew of pirates are exempt of all past crimes, if any, until their service is no longer needed, or Cordelia Sterling dies. This excludes mages of all sorts and government soldiers or authorities." Looking to the girl she rolled the paper up once more and stuffed it where it was before smiling. "I get to steal you from prison to give you a test run, if you fail... I bring you back here. You pass, you're with me from then on. Besides, I need some new crew, and not often do I find a girl who's got the talents we need."
@Cherrywitch
(btw, where is this taking place, because the city is under attack from Three powerful mages. i would assume that the courts and police stations are in the sky level, so your currently under the attack of the frost mage, if your in Bellward. if your not, then just let me know and ignore this :) )

Kylesar1 said:
(Ok Peeps. I've been terribly busy. What's happened so far?)
(Logan is going to Toron to get some magical items. He went out of Whuistan wearing a cloak and mask. He is also taking his sword with him.)

They were all taken out the cars and pushed into the barracks. They were all thrown into an interrogation room. The place had insanely strong Anti-Magic. Only a god could muster up enough magic for a spell and even that would be weakened.

There was gourmet food sitting on the table to eat

@Inheritance

@Cherrywitch

ZoroarkGangster said:
Anyone captain Sterling sees fit for her crew of pirates are exempt of all past crimes
(Yea, there's no possible way in hell someone who's not in the Bureaucracy nor a high-ranking gov't official will be given that much pull, especially a pirate, who don't have the best reputation be sheer name alone. She can call up her higher-ups and ask for permission. I said leniency, not disregard.)

LindsMagee said:
"We could at least try to get in contact with someone on their side? Maybe meet close to the border? I also have been hearing things about a secret city." Rosana suggested
"A secret city?" Saffron cocked her head. "I think I heard something about it. I was in a bar.........I heard it before I was kicked out for apparently being under-aged."

"Anyways, what do you know about it?"

Kylesar1 said:
They were all taken out the cars and pushed into the barracks. They were all thrown into an interrogation room. The place had insanely strong Anti-Magic. Only a god could muster up enough magic for a spell and even that would be weakened.

@Inheritance

@Cherrywitch

(Yea, there's no possible way in hell someone who's not in the Bureaucracy nor a high-ranking gov't official will be given that much pull, especially a pirate, who don't have the best reputation be sheer name alone. She can call up her higher-ups and ask for permission. I said leniency, not disregard.)

"A secret city?" Saffron cocked her head. "I think I heard something about it. I was in a bar.........I heard it before I was kicked out for apparently being under-aged."

(Change it as you see fit, I don't mind)

ZoroarkGangster said:
(Change it as you see fit, I don't mind)
(She calls her higher-ups and ask for permission to take them. That's really all. The specific terms can be elaborated, but shouldn't be important.)

Scarlet

For some reason, this mad Scarlet more nervous than before. That means that if she wasn't on best behavior, she's incarcerated for the rest of her life, and that's the lowest punishment. On the other hand, she had no idea how her life would be as a part of Sterling's crew. She could be treated horribly for all she knew... Scarlet tried to shake the thought. After stripping her of her weapons, one soldier a bit handsy, her cuffs were removed and she rubbed the reddened tender skin in annoyance more than pain.

Kylesar1 said:

@Inheritance

@Cherrywitch

"I don't know much but maybe we could visit the border and find out more or try to get in touch with someone from Whuistan." Rosana suggested though she didn't think she'd find anyone who lives close enough to the border.

Kylesar1 said:

@Inheritance

@Cherrywitch

Cordelia Sterling As they all left she stood inside the barracks, getting more than a fair share of glares and scornful looks. She followed up till the interrogation room and looked to John. "When you're done with the girl I wish to speak to her myself. If that isn't too much to ask." Without waiting for an answer she took out her cutlass, leaned against the wall, and began inspecting her blade.

LindsMagee said:
"I don't know much but maybe we could visit the border and find out more or try to get in touch with someone from Whuistan." Rosana suggested though she didn't think she'd find anyone who lives close enough to the border.
"Well there's no way to get into Whuistan by land......... No Man's Land is suicide. The only way to get in is through the sea or the air." There were huge embargoes between the countries. If she came in on a mythical animal or a dragon, it'd be shot down. They couldn't get an airship in Toron. Their best bet was catching a neutral country's merchant [air or sea] ship

Cherrywitch said:
Scarlet
For some reason, this mad Scarlet more nervous than before. That means that if she wasn't on best behavior, she's incarcerated for the rest of her life, and that's the lowest punishment. On the other hand, she had no idea how her life would be as a part of Sterling's crew. She could be treated horribly for all she knew... Scarlet tried to shake the thought. After stripping her of her weapons, one soldier a bit handsy, her cuffs were removed and she rubbed the reddened tender skin in annoyance more than pain.
ZoroarkGangster said:
Cordelia Sterling As they all left she stood inside the barracks, getting more than a fair share of glares and scornful looks. She followed up till the interrogation room and looked to John. "When you're done with the girl I wish to speak to her myself. If that isn't too much to ask." Without waiting for an answer she took out her cutlass, leaned against the wall, and began inspecting her blade.
John looked at her, both surprised and suspicious by her sudden backing down, even if only slightly. "What is your general business with the girl?"

Kylesar1 said:
"Well there's no way to get into Whuistan by land......... No Man's Land is suicide. The only way to get in is through the sea or the air." There were huge embargoes between the countries. If she came in on a mythical animal or a dragon, it'd be shot down. They couldn't get an airship in Toron. Their best bet was catching a neutral country's merchant [air or sea] ship
"You don't happen to know anyone who lives close to the border do you? If I left the country and my sister found out she would kill me" Rosana really hadn't ever ventured out of Toron.

LindsMagee said:
"You don't happen to know anyone who lives close to the border do you? If I left the country and my sister found out she would kill me" Rosana really hadn't ever ventured out of Toron.
Saffron put her hand on her not visible face, with an expression of questioning. "The only person I know outside of Toron was the man who put my soul in my book. He lives in the mountains." Saffron was in the same boat for the most part. The only place she went outside Toron was the mountains she died in and the necromancer's house she woke up in, about a mile up from the base. Saffron didn't know how useful he would be though.

Kylesar1 said:
John looked at her, both surprised and suspicious by her sudden backing down, even if only slightly. "What is your general business with the girl?"
Cordelia Sterling "That depends, I have two tests when I recruit crew members if she passes the first, I'll be talking to MY higher-ups and conduct my second test. If she passes the second, I confirm my selection with them and she's mine. If not, you get your way with her how you see fit." Sheathing her cutlass she pressed a button on the cuff of one of her gloves. "One of my boys will be coming as well, don't mind him though. I may be a pirate, but even pirates follow rules... to an extent depending on who you ask. Me however, I do what I'm told when I have orders and do what I want with what power I can get my hands on." Cordelia smiled, "I'll be waiting in the next room, send her over when your done with her."

Why did I think going through No Man's Land on foot was a good idea? He thinks as he walks on No Man's Land. The good news is that the worst part of this is tomorrow. He knows this because he has done this a couple of time, so he is quite experience with No Man's Land. Ah, No Man's Land. The most discussing place in the war. Not because of looks mind you. No, it is because this place is like this because of the wars between magic and technology. It discuss me how stupid both sides are. They are so busy with there pride that they fail to understand that both magic and technology are good, but together they are even greater. He sighs out loud, even though there's no one else with him to question why.

Kylesar1 said:
Saffron put her hand on her not visible face, with an expression of questioning. "The only person I know outside of Toron was the man who put my soul in my book. He lives in the mountains." Saffron was in the same boat for the most part. The only place she went outside Toron was the mountains she died in and the necromancer's house she woke up in, about a mile up from the base. Saffron didn't know how useful he would be though.
"We will visit the border of No man's land tomorrow and see if we can find anything out" Rosana decided "we have a pretty long day tomorrow so is get some sleep" she said and left the room

Sandro had been in worse cases before. He didn't eat. At all. "Girl what's your name? I'd rather not call you by that. " he sighed. "Do not be scared. Remember, I hypnotized you. You did nothing of your own free will." He didn't meet her gaze at all. @Cherrywitch @Kylesar1

Scarlet

Scarlet looked shocked for a minute, turning her gaze to him and blinking owlishly. "...I never did tell you my name did I...? Well, everyone calls me Scarlet, so..." The redhead sat with her back pressed against a wall. She wasn't her normal talkative self. "You never told me your name, either..." And yet you still lie to try and save me? You and I both know I wasn't under any spell... You mages are weird people. Well, I almost sold my soul to a pirate to save us both, so I guess I'm no one to talk. She smiled to herself sadly, playing with her braid.

Cherrywitch said:
Scarlet
Scarlet looked shocked for a minute, turning her gaze to him and blinking owlishly. "...I never did tell you my name did I...? Well, everyone calls me Scarlet, so..." The redhead sat with her back pressed against a wall. She wasn't her normal talkative self. "You never told me your name, either..." And yet you still lie to try and save me? You and I both know I wasn't under any spell... You mages are weird people. Well, I almost sold my soul to a pirate to save us both, so I guess I'm no one to talk. She smiled to herself sadly, playing with her braid.
"Alamar...that's all you need to know." He shrugged. "Scarlet? Good name." He shrugged. "You might have problems with your memory by the way, common side effect of hypnosis. You also may think you saw this or that but it's not true...ok?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back