• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Lybertia Online: A Fantasy MMORPG- OOC

Should I switch this RP to Casual?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sagitarius said:
When the Roleplay starts, i'll make a post welcoming all the players into Lybertia. The plot is very open since it is up to the player to discover things in the world. Starting your new life in Lybertia, establishing rules, training and finding out your skills, building relationships etc. There ARE a few planned events that the guild masters (NPC) will introduce to the players. I'm still setting up a few things which is why the Roleplay wont be open until saturday. The whole world system, communication, and death consequences will be up hopefully by later today in the 'updates' section.
Cooking, and crafting are not considered skills. They are more like side jobs that the characters can adopt and make a living out of. i'll have that information ready before the RP starts.
Alright cool! I didn't know if there was something like SAO where we're all just kind of stuck there unintentionally or something. Anyway, I'm excited. xD

I swear to god this rp just keeps getting more awesome and I love it

Everyone, your characters are all wonderful so far omg

Sagitarius said:
heuhehuu glad u like it~check out the update tab, i added more info. i gtg to class now x.x then i'll reply to our other rp!
@Hoki
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy update tab---

Have fun, I'll rescue you if need be! -waves-

I have literally so many questions. So will the npc's and boss battles be controlled by you?

Also, how will we know if our cs is accepted? Does a like symbolize acceptance, or you gonna make a post when the time comes.

HaruAketchi said:
I have literally so many questions. So will the npc's and boss battles be controlled by you?
Also, how will we know if our cs is accepted? Does a like symbolize acceptance, or you gonna make a post when the time comes.
No, the boss battles are totally up to you guys. You can even create other bosses and i can add them to the bosses list. Of course the monsters will re-spawn after a certain time. The npcs and events will be controlled by me yes. And yes, a like = accepted

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Saint Rendalis]There will be NPC characters too that give questies? :)

[/QUOTE]
Yup quests will be offered by npc around town and reward u with stuff :D

And yay I'll look at everybody's cs in a bit

StoneWolf18 said:

Plague_doctor_by_neamhni-d5lzah6.jpg

-insert surprised squawk here-
The Doctor

no slide
no slide
The Entrails

Class

Elementalist

Weapons

A small spell book

Abilities

Minor Spells

> Erebokinesis

Able to control darkness and sometimes solidify it to a certain extent though this takes far more energy.

> Shadow Mimicry

Allows the user to meld themselves with the darkness/shadows nearby. This cannot work in well lit areas and can only be done for around 12 minutes without causing mental fatigue. If not ended before time is up, it switched to sapping to physical energy once metal has been used. This will not only cause a sickly, malnourished appearance, but aging as well.

Major Spells

> Umbrakinetic Weapon Construction

The user can summon blades, a bow, and staff out of pure darkness, they are the equivalent of steel and can shatter if enough force is laid upon them. She can summon 2 items maximum without causing severe mental strain. (This doesn't count arrows.)

Sword(Bonesaws really, though it'd be black)

satterlee_bone_saw.jpg

Dagger

latest

Bow

latest

Staff

img-thing

> Darkness Wave Emission

Allows the user to emit a paralyzing wave of darkness that lasts for 3 minutes and stacks depending on how many body parts are affected. This takes a great amount of energy and can only be used 3-4 times taking the user's mental and physical health into consideration.

Passives

> Dark Drinker

This causes the user to gain little nutritional value from food and drink, and must be in total darkness to regenerate well-being, small wounds, and energy. Meditation can hasten the process.

> Creature of the Night

A strong dislike of sunlight as well as night vision

> Unholy

Extremely susceptible to anything of holy origin such as a church or temple, blessed water, and light magic. Not so much a dramatic burning, but feeling really awkward, uncomfortable, and a piercing pain. This would also prevent most healing potions and spells from being cast upon them.

The Bone

Personality

Dysis’ personality is a bit muddled. More often than not, she’s exceedingly intellectual. Having knowledge on subjects she can’t remember learning about yet wouldn’t think twice about correcting you. Not so much for the learning opportunity, yet for the pure humor of comical reactions. Dysis is also quite serious, yet that doesn’t mean she hates sarcasm. Trust me, it’s used often.

Then we have a bit of a difference. Dysis can be immature, having to making that joke at the wrong time. Sarcastic, as mentioned above. Not often, but when needed she won’t hold back a retort in this manner. A tad antisocial. Not wanting to get involved with unnecessary social interactions. But, once she has warmed up to one you will be sure to have numerous discussions on diverse topics. This make Dysis a bit harder to “get used to” than others. Learning how to deal with Dysis is a taxing process, although more than one person has succeeded in this.

Background

Vera, at a younger age was just like any other child. Happy, go lucky with not a single problem in the world. Well, that was soon to change. At the age of 16 she had been driving her younger brother, August, home from practice. They had been arguing as sibling do, but it got heated. And just as she turned and took her focus off the road to scream at him some more, she had failed to notice the truck that had gotten into their lane somehow slam into them head on.

Vera had woke up in the hospital to a few heart wrenching discoveries. First and foremost, her brother had been killed. And if that wasn't enough, her right hand had to be amputated. This was just about too much for her to handle at the time. Falling into a slight depression, Vera really was at a low time in life. Some of her family blamed her for August's death, others tried to go on with life as if nothing had ever happened.

For the next few years, she had used various videogames as a coping mechanism. Downing herself in various MMO's and FPSs. Yet, when she woke up in her bed one morning and turned to get out, she was sucked into the portal.

no slide no slide
Hi deary, ok a few things about your app.

For the race you wrote 'Beastkin' i dont know what you mean about that. But since shes a bat, i suggest you write Beastman instead, since Beastkin is not a race in Lyberia.

Also, her skills are alooot! Remember passives are skills too, so you have to cut all of those to 4. 2 minor spells, 1 major spell and one passive. Just remember to not make the major spell too OP since the character just arrived. But you can save the others and have her slowly learn them in her development.

and lastly, i think you forgot to change her name in the background section xD (Vera instead of Dysis.)

Sagitarius said:
Hi deary, ok a few things about your app.
For the race you wrote 'Beastkin' i dont know what you mean about that. But since shes a bat, i suggest you write Beastman instead, since Beastkin is not a race in Lyberia.

Also, her skills are alooot! Remember passives are skills too, so you have to cut all of those to 4. 2 minor spells, 1 major spell and one passive. Just remember to not make the major spell too OP since the character just arrived. But you can save the others and have her slowly learn them in her development.

and lastly, i think you forgot to change her name in the background section xD (Vera instead of Dysis.
Meh, them I may just have to create a new character entirely. When you said I could use the passives, I thought you meant ALL of them. Without all of them it wouldn't make sense, to me at least.

Beastkin was just a bit of ye old "females are encompassed so it shouldn't be labeled as 'men or men'" but if it bothers you that much I can change it, but seeing as I'm most likely going to need a whole to character I'm not sure. -shrugs.-

Yeah...I reuse things a lot, saves time and I was rushing xD

The spells wouldn't be instantaneous, I'm just planning for the future. You barely have gotten to know me so you wouldn't be aware of how "Anti-OP" I am.

StoneWolf18 said:
Meh, them I may just have to create a new character entirely. When you said I could use the passives, I thought you meant ALL of them. Without all of them it wouldn't make sense, to me at least.
Beastkin was just a bit of ye old "females are encompassed so it shouldn't be labeled as 'men or men'" but if it bothers you that much I can change it, but seeing as I'm most likely going to need a whole to character I'm not sure. -shrugs.-

Yeah...I reuse things a lot, saves time and I was rushing xD

The spells wouldn't be instantaneous, I'm just planning for the future. You barely have gotten to know me so you wouldn't be aware of how "Anti-OP" I am.
Ah, sorry you misunderstood. But you really dont have to create a new one. She can still have those passives, just learn them over time. But it is up to you. And Beastman is just the race overall. Its like when you say 'Mankind' You are describing all of the human race. But you can put Beast-Woman xD just not Beastkin since people might get confused with the Elkin and all.

But yeah really, i liked ur character, just cut down the spells and shes good (and the name thing looool. dw i reuse things too)

Sagitarius said:
Ah, sorry you misunderstood. But you really dont have to create a new one. She can still have those passives, just learn them over time. But it is up to you. And Beastman is just the race overall. Its like when you say 'Mankind' You are describing all of the human race. But you can put Beast-Woman xD just not Beastkin since people might get confused with the Elkin and all.
But yeah really, i liked ur character, just cut down the spells and shes good (and the name thing looool. dw i reuse things too)
But with the passive, it would seem kind of odd to some day not be able to speak or be in a temple for the millionth time and finally be stricken with an agonizing pain. It wouldn't make sense.

The spells were also reused so I can possibly remove things like the bow but if at all possible THE BONESAWS ARE STAYING. It kinda makes the character. Also with the spells, you gotta understand that it not there for one day and she's chucking millions of daggers at NPCs for fun. I take pride in balancing things. Plus, when begining, she most likely wouldn't have enough manna to form a pebble sized blob of darkness anyway.

StoneWolf18 said:
But with the passive, it would seem kind of odd to some day not be able to speak or be in a temple for the millionth time and finally be stricken with an agonizing pain. It wouldn't make sense.
The spells were also reused so I can possibly remove things like the bow but if at all possible THE BONESAWS ARE STAYING. It kinda makes the character. Also with the spells, you gotta understand that it not there for one day and she's chucking millions of daggers at NPCs for fun. I take pride in balancing things. Plus, when begining, she most likely wouldn't have enough manna to form a pebble sized blob of darkness anyway.
hahah you arent, i just want to work it out...lets see.

well, for example, Creature of the night doesnt have to be a passive. It can just be part of her character since shes a bat. She can find out over time as she gets used to her new body that she hates sunlight and things like that. You can probably start off with unholy and then she can develop Dark drinker when she finds out her regenerative powers boost when shes in total darkness.

EDIT: plus, remember that skills dont suddenly appear over night, they develop. So lets say if she was developing unholy, she would find out she feels weird when she enters a church and it gets worse over time. first she would feel discomfort, then she would feel a little burning, then the next time the piercing pain and so on.

Sagitarius said:
hahah you arent, i just want to work it out...lets see.
well, for example, Creature of the night doesnt have to be a passive. It can just be part of her character since shes a bat. She can find out over time as she gets used to her new body that she hates sunlight and things like that. You can probably start off with unholy and then she can develop Dark drinker when she finds out her regenerative powers boost when shes in total darkness.

EDIT: plus, remember that skills dont suddenly appear over night, they develop. So lets say if she was developing unholy, she would find out she feels weird when she enters a church and it gets worse over time
But remember this doesn't allow food consumption (despite it being a game, in assuming because that are in it they need to eat) so it one day not being able to eat food...

StoneWolf18 said:
But remember this doesn't allow food consumption (despite it being a game, in assuming because that are in it they need to eat) so it one day not being able to eat food...
it wouldnt be one day hahaha. she just would feel less and less hungry until she cant eat food. and that would turn into a passive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back