• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Triple OP Isekai Adventure Discussion OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I think I'm gonna use Viktor (or maybe Xavier)
Sad Lonely GIF by Pokémon

I'm going to go ahead and get an IC posting thread up for all of us today.

I'm also going to put in an intro post for Elincia waking up in the new world with a vague and open point that she realizes she's not alone. That way you can all still have your characters awaken in whatever manner you want without having to conform to anything I've written.

I should have it up and running in the next couple hours.

Cheers!

I got a basic idea for my oc's previous life, I'll send you it so you can see it before I post it, I'm currently working on his current life

What are some qualities my oc should have to attract attention to him instead of others in the group (while in combat I mean)?

What are some qualities my oc should have to attract attention to him instead of others in the group (while in combat I mean)?

Good question.

Thankfully, the Unique Skill Taunt is a passive skill meaning it activates on its own to help draw attention to the bearer. The trigger for its activation is either that the bearer must be aware of the impending conflict, or they must be reaching a mental state desiring conflict (like, if they're in a heated argument and want to fight rather than keep talking). So, if the Tank is caught off guard Taunt won't activate until they fully register that they're in a combative situation.

Given that, there's really not much you need to do for getting attention.

But, if you want to give your character the best chances to draw as much attention as possible without having to completely rely on Taunt there are four basic routes you can take to augment Misha's effectiveness in their role:

1) Make sure your character gets their hands on a large shield to bang their weapon against and make noise
2) Make sure your character gets their hands on potions which can trigger monster aggression towards the user
* 3) Ensure Misha learns to work with their allies to develop combat strategies for cloaking or otherwise making the allies harder for the enemy to detect which naturally leaves Misha as the main target
** 4) Make sure your character learns to understand their naturally attained skills like Taunt and Passive Healing, and that they can eventually learn to develop their own unique skills, as well as evolve those they currently possess to stronger versions of their base forms

* Each of the characters can use basic magical spells, and natural skills (like the Unique Skills). In most cases, the spells and skills they'll learn will be geared towards their role. The DPS, for example, will likely be able to learn a magical spell or develop a natural skill to conceal themselves like a ninja using a smoke bomb. Or Elincia, being capable of using all forms of magic, can eventually learn a spell which cloaks either the entire party, or select individuals. And based on the current circumstances she can learn to work with Misha and the others to adapt the cloaking in ways that give them the best chance to succeed in whatever their goal might be.

The main point here is that while Misha will have options for fulfilling their role, they're also not going to be entirely alone in doing so. None of the characters are. The others will be able to help in their own ways as they all learn to trust and fight alongside each other.

** When it comes to developing and evolving skills, I'll again fall back referencing That Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime. The skills of many of the characters would evolve throughout the series and become stronger and more effective as they grow themselves. Take Rimuru, the MC, for example. His Unique Skill Great Sage gave him an internal voice to talk to which would advise him as best it could by giving him information on enemies, items, information about the world and the races in it, etc. When he became a Demon Lord the Unique Skill Great Sage evolved into the Ultimate Skill Raphael, which became even smarter and more capable of relaying information, as well as developing more of a personality in the way it communicated with him.

Our characters will be able to do this too. For Misha, the Unique Skill Taunt will eventually reach a stage where Misha will have a choice to evolve it into something greater. However, there's a catch as all Skill Evolutions are give-and-take. So, while the Taunt ability to draw attention may get stronger it may also come as a double edged sword by becoming a bit too good at its job and attracting not only the attention of the enemy creatures, but every creature around them including normally passive ones. This would force Misha to face more enemies than intended. And while being OP may make it fairly easy to deal with in the long run, short-term this could pose problems by splitting their focus between trying to not harm the passive creatures while still killing the enemy.

Oh, and talking about this reminds me of something else I wanted to say earlier to everyone, but forgot to.

As a side note for everyone on character building, even though we each have a specific role to play in the grand scheme of the adventure I want you guys to have full creative freedom to design the characters you want to play rather than having to worry about fitting a particular mold based on your character's role.

For example, the reason I chose the Elf girl used in Elincia's profile is because I found it visually appealing, and it scratched the itch I had to play a High Elf. But she could have been anything if I'd chosen to use or design another race for her. I could have made her a short, fat little goblin. Or a tall, physically imposing and muscular Orc or Minotaur.

So, as the Tank you could design a character with the physical appearance of a child who's barely big enough to hold a regular-sized shield, but manages to do so thanks to the inherent strength which comes from being a Tank. Or, you could go the opposite route and make them a large, physically imposing presence like Ironbull. Or, you could do anything in between.

The design of your character is entirely up to you. And so long as they fulfill their role appropriately in the RP I'm happy to accept basically anything you can come up with. So, have fun putting them together!

What would his species be in that case?

Hm. Well, you've got options. If you know of a name for cat-like humanoid species from any anime, games, etc, you're free to use any of them. Or, if you wanna give them an entirely new species you're welcome to do that too.

Is it alright for Misha to make fun of someone? (I think it'd make for a funny scene once I actually write it)

Is it alright for Misha to make fun of someone? (I think it'd make for a funny scene once I actually write it)

Sure.

So long as you don't write for them or put words in their mouth in response to it, you can always feel free to address another character in whatever manner you feel is honest and true to Misha's character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back