• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Genshin Impact x RedOut -// Festival of Velocity Dev Site

OOC
Here
1690120245873.png
Progress update on the Favonius Vaness. Everything except for some bits on the secondary thrusters currently has the default texture, once it's done you'll be able to swap them out for secondary thrusters used in canon. God, imagine the Sidestep Mini on it, it would look so out of place!

Should I place power cells in a visible location? Like the top of the main body? Or that odd space between the front secondary thrusters and the body?

I’d go with the space between the thrusters.

And maybe for the power unit it could be on top of the body half exposed in a conqueror-esque fashion?

Wanna know another much out of place part? Helix’s BUZZSAW Auxiliary

I wanna make the power unit clearly magical, maybe anemo-based and have that be the car's main method of propulsion. Then there could be some electronics, courtesy of Sulha, like sensors and AG magnets for strafing, an onboard computer for displaying race data, etc. I don't know Albedo, but I assume he'd try to create as much of the car by himself as possible

I wanna make the power unit clearly magical, maybe anemo-based and have that be the car's main method of propulsion. Then there could be some electronics, courtesy of Sulha, like sensors and AG magnets for strafing, an onboard computer for displaying race data, etc. I don't know Albedo, but I assume he'd try to create as much of the car by himself as possible
Maybe something like the Hurricane Seed could do for the power unit? It’s in game description states that it’s made of pure Anemo energy and is rumored to hold power of a hurricane
1690138294607.png

C455C380-A460-404A-87CE-BE7752E95998.jpeg
Idea sketch. The hurricane seed would be trapped in a circular hole and emanate a blue glow, kinda like the Asera’s power core thingy. Maybe we could ignore the main power unit completely

If either of you (Beetle, Kitsuno) have any design suggestions, feel free to drop them here!

Btw, I have a post pre-written, I just wanted to give Klee and Jackson a small headstart. Feel free to go ahead, Beetle

1690292956711.png
Progress update! Hurricane seed has been added. Now to do the main thrusters, seat and underside... Or maybe I'll make the ship's glass really reflective like all the other Redout cars

1690565815115.png
Progress update: goofy ahh main thruster. I might rework it, cause I think I could do better somewhere.
And now I realize that the Vaness might turn out to be quite heavy. Some base stat suggestions:
-great top speed
-poor thrust
-decent strafe
-subpar steer
-decent stability
-good durability (somewhere below a Koen's?)

Since the engine is wind-based, I wonder if we could throw Overheat out of the window entirely and have the Vaness's boosts be weaker than the other Redout cars for balance. Or have the boost strength depend on atmosphere density - the lower, the better, which could make it the Meta on Origin Black Hole, Genesis and Cloud Ocean; that could become a detriment on Mariana Trench though.

Also also, Beetle, I know you like putting quality over quantity - and don't get me wrong, you're a really good writer - but do you think you could write posts more frequently? Or are you too busy during the week?

View attachment 1105073
Progress update: goofy ahh main thruster. I might rework it, cause I think I could do better somewhere.
And now I realize that the Vaness might turn out to be quite heavy. Some base stat suggestions:
-great top speed
-poor thrust
-decent strafe
-subpar steer
-decent stability
-good durability (somewhere below a Koen's?)

Since the engine is wind-based, I wonder if we could throw Overheat out of the window entirely and have the Vaness's boosts be weaker than the other Redout cars for balance. Or have the boost strength depend on atmosphere density - the lower, the better, which could make it the Meta on Origin Black Hole, Genesis and Cloud Ocean; that could become a detriment on Mariana Trench though.

Also also, Beetle, I know you like putting quality over quantity - and don't get me wrong, you're a really good writer - but do you think you could write posts more frequently? Or are you too busy during the week?
That thruster ain’t goofy ahh, that’s perfect ahhh.

I really like the stats, as the Vaness’s bulky shape makes sense for it to be given the Conqueror treatment in terms of poor thrust, slightly below par handling and great speed.

I think for the engine, option 2 would grant more uniqueness of Tevatian native craftsmanship. Surprisingly there are some out-of water segments on Mariana, which could give the Vaness a fighting chance, better yet on Caribbean Dam where it’s more land than sea.

Also, I’ll try to get a post out today, sorry for the gaps between my posts😅, things have gotten a little busy on my end alongside a few art projects that I’m working on

Hey Beetle, where post?

Also, once the time comes, can I handle Klee's training at the VERTEX?
Morning Stefan, had to go through a long spiritual therapy session yesterday, but no worries! Post is currently in the works and should be out today!

And yes, once that time comes, you may

Spiritual therapy? ...If you don't mind me asking, what's that all about?
Well, I'm not exactly the best at fully explaining it, but it has to do with inner energies, chakras, crystals, incense and things like that. Though what I did specifically yesterday was a first, in which me and other participants would take turns connecting with eachother like how a parent comforts their child. This was to connect with and ease the emotional and mental pain that might've been felt in our childhoods.

That seems a bit sketchy to me. A better way to ease the pain imo would be to critically analyze situations where you felt pain and try to understand them better - a professional therapist is great for that. And if you have good parents, such a spiritual therapy session shouldn't be necessary to begin with.

Did they ask participants to tell everyone how the therapy session benefitted them afterwards?

That seems a bit sketchy to me. A better way to ease the pain imo would be to critically analyze situations where you felt pain and try to understand them better - a professional therapist is great for that. And if you have good parents, such a spiritual therapy session shouldn't be necessary to begin with.

Did they ask participants to tell everyone how the therapy session benefitted them afterwards?
They didn't, but in the explanation it somehow had some buddhist links. Tbh the whole thing was a little weird for me too but it seemed more of a cultural thing..? I dunno, but it was an experience.. Not necessarily bad or good but I guess neutral

I guess if it's just ritual-like trance-inducing meditation (kinda like Tetris Effect), then I suppose it's fine. But if whoever you were having the session with starts shunning outsiders, for example by demonizing them or calling them corrupt, I'd immediately get as far away from the group as possible. Because if they don't want you to know what outsiders think, they don't have your best interests in mind.

Those are my two cents anyways, coming from a stranger on the internet

Discussion in DMs about how the respawn mechanics would work (fyi, Redout 2 has a track that's literally right next to the event horizon of a black hole, and you will fail and fall into it at some point during your carreer): I suggested the idea that right before the crash, the pilot would get teleported away to a safe location, where they could watch the ship crash and fall apart, then the ship gets recovered and put back onto the track, and the driver gets warped back in.

Also, I'm thinking about RPing Amber as one of the local racers, is that fine or do you want to RP her, Pearlie Pearlie ?

Edit: also, in case you missed it, new post is up

ooh, yea! I'd be down to use Amber! (Maybe I'll use Lumine aswell-)

I got a bit confused on what you said- Thought you were asking me to use her, aha-

I'm all good with you using her! I just want Lumine though lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back