• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Flash Flood (1x1 Kitten and Paint)

Two kits, closer then anything were born on a dark and stormy night. No one knew the destinies of these two little kits, not even them. However their lives will be changed when a flash flood carried them and their future into rapids of thrill and danger.

Brookkit woke bright and early in the morning of a rainy and windy day. She nuzzled her mother and went outside to the fresh kill pile. She was finally old enough to eat fresh kill, so she grabbed a fish and swallowed it quickly and waited for her sister.

Mosskit stretched and followed her sister out. Sniffing the air, she said, "Mmm, squirrel. Come on Brookkit! I'll race you!"

Brookkit reached her paw out and touched the pile. "I win! I was here before you!" She tackled her big sister and tried to bowl her over.

Mosskit jumped out the way and leapt on top of Brookit. "I'm still stronger though!" She flicked her tail happily.

Brookkit hissed and clawed at her. "Let me up you giant puddle of fur!" She rolled out from under her and jumped up, spitting and hissing.

Laughing, Mosskit jumped off and picked up the squirrel. "Would you like to share Brookkit?" Placing the squirrel down, she looked at Brookit, wrapping her tail around her paws neatly.

Looking at her sister like sheswas crazy, Mosskit shook her head and starts eating. Suddenly hearing a deep mew, Mosskit looks up to see Branchfur walk by talking to their mother. Staring, Mosskit forgets about the prey and starts wandering after them.

Brookkit was confused and went to visit the elders, who were very find of the sweet kit. The one who favored her most was a blind old cat named Ravenfeather. She licked Brookkit's pelt when she entered and they chatted.

Not paying attention to wear she was walking, Mosskit ran nose first into Branchfur's hind leg because they stopped walking. Embarresed, she quickly scrambled back and tripped over her own tail. Falling in her side, Mosskit hears laughter. Branchfur was looking down at hear chuckling. "You okay little one?" He asked. Mosskit stood up. "I'm not little! I'maalmost a warrior!"

Their mother Honeystar licked her kit and said "Slow down little one. You aren't there yet." She wrapped her tail around her little kit.

Ravenfeather said "I smell a flood. We best be careful, this is a rainy rainy time." Brookkit nodded her head and said "I'll tell Honeystar!" She scampered off to her mother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mosskit sighed and nuzzled her mother. "I know..I know." She looks up and see Brookkit. "Brookkit! Over here!" Mosskit scampers towards her sister as she feels a raindrop on her head.

The same thing happened to Brookkit. "Mosskit Ravenfeatehr says there might be a flood!"

Honeystar, who happened to be the leader, came forward and said "Ravenfeather says a lot of things. Come on, inside the nursery. It's starting to rain.

Before following her mother, Mosskit ran up to Branchfur. "You'll be safe right? I'm sure theres room in the nursery if you want to come." Branchfur shook his head and said, "Little one, I'll be fine. Go be with you sister." He nuzzled her head and sent her on her way.

Honeystar left the kits there and went to her den so she could be alone. She curled up and slept.

Brookkit curled up in the moss and said "I hope Ravenfeather was wrong. Remember all the stories of floods?"

Looking at Brookkit, she nodded. "I hope.it doesn't flood." Mosskit layed her head on her paws. Closing her eyes, she let sleep wash over her. She felt someone laying next to her. Opening her eyes, she saw a beautiful black cat. "Hello Mosskit." She said. "I'm Lightfeather. I'm here to warn you. You and your sister are in danger."

Brookkit tried to sleep bit she was too restless. She sat at the entrance to the nursery and watched the raindrops fall. She watched one after another drip from the roof in front of her paws.

Stirring in her sleep, Mosskit blinked open her eyes and jumped up. "Brookkit!" She practically yelled. She towards her sister and skidded to a stop beside her.

She turned and then heard a roaring sound. "What is that?" She padded into the clearing and looked around. Her eyes widened and she yowled for help. A giant wave of water followed by a rushing torrent flew at the camp. It engulfed the whole camp within seconds and whisked Brookkit away.

Trying to call for her sister, Mosskit got dragged under. Swallowing a mouth full of water, she gasped for air every time her head broke the surface. "Brookkit!" She yelled, getting dragged under again. Her small body slammed into a tree. Fighting the pain, she tried to swim upward. Mosskit broke the surface again and clawed at open air.

Brookkit called for her sister and gaped for air when she broke

The surface. She was pushed under and hit her head on a rock and fell unconscious. She was tossed through the waves like the ball in a pinball machine. She was soon thrown in the river and carried downstream.

Managing to cling on to a branch, Mosskit hoisted herself up and looked around. She spotted Brookkit's small body rolling downstream. "Brookkit!" The branch picked up speed and she sank her teeth into her sister pelt and pulled her up. Freezing, she curled up next to her sister. "I'm not leaving you..I'll take care of you."

The branch hit a bump and they both were flung onto Sunningrocks. She soon woke and coughed up water. She saw her sister and shivered, curling up near her. She said "Mosskit, Mosskit!" She cuddled close to her sister.

Laying her tail over her sisters back, Mosskit looked around her. "Brookkit...we're no longer in Riverclan..I think...I think we're in Thunderclan." Shaking, she looked at her little sister wide eyed.

She shivered and said "We can't go back! The river will drown us! What do we do?"

Oakpaw was on patrol with another apprentice. He looked around and said "I smell RiverClan." He began to stalk the kittens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back