• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Stay Night: Broken Boundaries

Hahah @Ian Temero I didn't even notice it was still in the character sign up thread. And @Cunning Commander this is all that it really says:

" He returns to the Clock Tower and displays diligence after having been changed by his interactions with Rider. Kayneth's sudden death leaves a gap the organization of his research left at the Clock Tower, and House El-Melloi is left on the verge of ruin. While still considered Kayneth's "most useless formal student", Waver collects the unorganized and unattended works before they are lost, compiling them into the tome named "Lord Kayneth's Encyclopedia of Arcane Secrets." His actions restore the El-Melloi house, and he becomes known as the "man who revived the Archibalds" or "new El-Melloi." The encyclopedia becomes what acts as the foundation for the flourishing of the house and its descendents.[9]

Waver takes on the title of Lord El-Melloi II, after the proper heir, Reines El-Melloi Archisorte, a young girl at the bottom of the family's hierarchy, recognizes his achievements, but only does so while letting him know that Kayneth's death was his fault and that he will have to serve her for his entire life. His works eventually cause him to be recognized as a great professor, and he attains the fourth rank. He wishes to further his own studies, but his mediocrity as a magus keeps him from advancing. He attains a reputation as a great teacher, but cares little for it due to not even being able to advance in rank within the Clock Tower. He becomes the sponsor of Rin Tohsakaafter she arrives in London to begin her studies, but he lays out the condition "I will not give you one ounce of instruction. Eh well, I will at least send letters of recommendation to the other departments" due to his hatred for Japan." So basically he grows up and takes positions of power. Also, did you know that he and Iskander inspired Taiga Fujimura (the teacher from Fate/Stay Night) to become a teacher.

@The Green Scar I guess that experience would take a bit of a shine off of him. Still, not the man Iskander would have wanted him to be. I expected to see him like pumping iron or something. Wrestling Bill Clinton.

@The Green Scar Another question, is the Fate/ universe concluded? Or are they still making new materials? Would I be able to crash course my way through the existing material or is there stuff I actively need to be following?

@Cunning Commander Well, they're making more anime adaptations and spin off games are always a possibility. So far upcoming we have Fate/Extra: Last Encore, the game Fate/Extella, and the Heaven's Fell arc of Fate/Stay night.

Have you watched Carnival Phantasm? It'll jar your existence if you haven't. I mean, just look at this opening

[media]

[/media]
EDIT: Also, caster x Kuzuki Souichirou is best ship. Especially in this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where can I find all these games? Are they on Steam by any chance? Or is there a youtube miniseries I could watch to fill me in? I've seen CP, it's another level. Like the Magical Girl Spinoff starring Illyasviel, or the fan service Spinoff of that. It's harder to keep up with all this than Marvel.

Cunning Commander]I'm legit weeping. [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/31771-the-green-scar/ said:
@The Green Scar[/URL] I'm half expecting a Sitcom Fate/ to come out in 2018, all the most iconic characters living under one roof in: Fate/House
I'd watch the shit out of that. All the sabers in one house? Hell yeah. Of course though, Sasaki is stuck at the temple gate still, so the rest go and make fun of him so often.

Proxy said:
latest

This is Caesar. If male Cleopatra shacked up with him...
Never , Cleo has a sense of taste

[QUOTE="The Green Scar]Alright, well tomorrow during study hall I'll more than likely make a master just to get that process going

[/QUOTE]
Having an example master would certainly be helpful.

But seriously, magecraft is so freaking complicated and Type Moon gives us just enough information to understand how things work, but not enough to actually do something with it! It's frustrating!

[QUOTE="Ian Temero]Having an example master would certainly be helpful.
But seriously, magecraft is so freaking complicated and Type Moon gives us just enough information to understand how things work, but not enough to actually do something with it! It's frustrating!

[/QUOTE]
Agreed

Alright, I have a WIP Master up for anyone curious as to what I'm looking for in terms content.

@Proxy Cool. More the merrier.

Oh, here's some more helpful links.

• For descriptions and list of bloodlines: Magus
  • For list of magic spells (not limited to just these though, for example if your elemental affinity is fire and you want to make a new spell that relates to it, then that's okay as long as I okay it. You just need to describe it and give a relative idea of how taxing it is): List of Magic Spells
  • Elemental Affinities: Elements
  • Also, a Mystic Code is just basically their wand or wand-like object. Something that makes casting easier. There's general amplifiers, and then there's specific ones. General amplifiers can be used for more types of spells, but specific ones are better at doing their specific job.
  • Average prana/Od amount is 25 for average mature magus.

@Ian Temero Some clarifications about your character. Would she classified as a Dead Apostle, in terms of things that effect her and such, or would she more lean on the human side of her hybrid state? And "Vampire" would be correct term, as it applies to any blood sucker that the church hunts. Also, your character seems to be the case where their origin overrides their elemental affinity. Something to notice is that " If a person becomes awakened to their Origin, it becomes nearly impossible to stray from their Origin if it's even possible in the first place. It becomes an impulsive behavior one would follow as though it were an absolute order." So that'd be something to work with. Also, for balancing purposes, while she may have great magical potential, her lack of formal training in any spells and not having the Einzbern trait makes it so that her variety of uses of said power is disproportionately low. And in regards to her bloodmagecraft, just so I have a relative idea, I'm kinda imagining the Dead Man abilities from Deadman Wonderland.

The Green Scar] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/5026-ian-temero/ said:
@Ian Temero[/URL] Some clarifications about your character.
  • Would she classified as a Dead Apostle, in terms of things that effect her and such, or would she more lean on the human side of her hybrid state?
    Rini leans more towards the human side. She can not change her appearance, does not have a weakness to sunlight, and can not create Ghouls, Living Dead, or other Vampires. She does have their regenerative powers, enhanced strength, and reflexes but on a much smaller scale. Drinking blood can speed up her healing.

• Also, your character seems to be the case where their origin overrides their elemental affinity. Something to notice is that " If a person becomes awakened to their Origin, it becomes nearly impossible to stray from their Origin if it's even possible in the first place. It becomes an impulsive behavior one would follow as though it were an absolute order."
    This passage isn't talking about magic. But your point still stands. I gave her elemental affinity because I was picturing her igniting her own blood or freezing it.

• Also, for balancing purposes, while she may have great magical potential, her lack of formal training in any spells and not having the Einzbern trait makes it so that her variety of uses of said power is disproportionately low.
    That was more or less the idea.

• And in regards to her bloodmagecraft, just so I have a relative idea, I'm kinda imagining the Dead Man abilities from Deadman Wonderland.
    Almost exactly what I was imagining. I should totally name her spells after the abilities.

[QUOTE="Ian Temero]

• Would she classified as a Dead Apostle, in terms of things that effect her and such, or would she more lean on the human side of her hybrid state?
    Rini leans more towards the human side. She can not change her appearance, does not have a weakness to sunlight, and can not create Ghouls, Living Dead, or other Vampires. She does have their regenerative powers, enhanced strength, and reflexes but on a much smaller scale. Drinking blood can speed up her healing.

• Also, your character seems to be the case where their origin overrides their elemental affinity. Something to notice is that " If a person becomes awakened to their Origin, it becomes nearly impossible to stray from their Origin if it's even possible in the first place. It becomes an impulsive behavior one would follow as though it were an absolute order."
    This passage isn't talking about magic. But your point still stands. I gave her elemental affinity because I was picturing her igniting her own blood or freezing it.

• Also, for balancing purposes, while she may have great magical potential, her lack of formal training in any spells and not having the Einzbern trait makes it so that her variety of uses of said power is disproportionately low.
    That was more or less the idea.

• And in regards to her bloodmagecraft, just so I have a relative idea, I'm kinda imagining the Dead Man abilities from Deadman Wonderland.
    Almost exactly what I was imagining. I should totally name her spells after the abilities.

[/QUOTE]
Alright, thanks. And with the origin thing I wasn't talking about magic really either, was more meaning that maybe you could have that as a character trait of maybe her trying to resist the calling of the blood that is her origin (since you have her not liking to feed on blood). That blood stuff I'd just put under "Blood" itself, as an overwriting of affinity. And as far as the blood magecraft, cool. Everything seems good then, just wanted to make of sure those clarifications. Look forward to seeing her in action and learning more of her

EDIT: Also, you may want to avoid any church affiliated people. Since, well, duh.

[QUOTE="The Green Scar]EDIT: Also, you may want to avoid any church affiliated people. Since, well, duh.

[/QUOTE]
i.e. my dude

Users who are viewing this thread

Back