• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~ FableWood

I'm glad for them...at the same time though, most of the disney stories are taken directly from or inspired by tales that are hundreds of years old...and nobody knows those anymore...so sad.

Very true. Snow white and sleeping beauty are the first two I can think of. Disney did a ton of research on snow white and the history of the story before he actually made the movie.

But so is life. The stories were told to help people deal with happenings in their own lives and help understand them.

Its absolutely fascinating how the origin culture of the stories is reflected in the stories themselves. The French tales are almost always about superficiality and the moral that true beauty lies within, the celtic stories are often quite tragic misunderstandings. The Arabic tales (1001 nights) --despite the culture being outwardly sexist--actually has a very tongue and cheek approach to that attitude, the main character of that entire book is actually a woman, who bests a king in the end. Scherazade is not the emperor, but his wife, and it is she who tells the 1000 tales.

I swear @SilverFlight will there ever come a time when you post a message and we don't learn something new? Forget collage or university, lets all go to SFU, Silver Flight University. We will all major in Bee's and Minor in Fable Theology. xD

Sorry if that was a bit dramatic btw. No one ever said Character Development was subtle. lol

I'd go to that university in a heartbeat. Just lemme transfer over!

And character development is always dramatic lol. At least, the really good kind is delivered in a truly dramatic or shocking manner.

DawnAntalios said:
I have an idea: how about we pack this fog in a jar or something and throw it on Caraboss?
Easy game, easy life :P
I second this idea!!

SilverFlight said:
I was so afraid Leo was going to lose his memory...
No, but by the end of this adventure he's going to wish he had. :(

Lol, we'll just tell her it's a genie and he'll grant her three wishes if she opens the jar. xD

I wouldn't since it wouldn't work. xD But yeah, does the lack of Lilly's presence mean that Leo will lose his powers as a forest guardian as well?

Yep, That was always my plan from the beginning of Lilly. I have always loved the stories that involved Guardians of any kind. But to put my own twist on the tale of a Guardian, I wanted to thing being Guarded to protect the Guardian. If that makes any sense. Its a bit of a love/heroic ending, I just haven't found the right place to implement it. :{ I'm sorry Dawn, Lilly is nothing more than memories now.

Lioness075 said:
I wouldn't since it wouldn't work. xD But yeah, does the lack of Lilly's presence mean that Leo will lose his powers as a forest guardian as well?
I thought about that as well. Its possible, but I was hoping that since Lilly turned herself into Leo's missing memories that she would be able to transfer the abilities that Leo obtained through her. BUT I will leave that up to @SilverFlight. Thats kinda how it goes when you sacrifise something like that, you run the risk of loosing everything.

DawnAntalios said:
Now you made me sad.
Really.

Sad.

:(
I'm so sorry Dawn, It means a lot to me that you guys cared so much for Lilly. But isn't it always some of the best stories where self sacrifices makes you feel so much closer to the story as a whole? Selfless acts of caring and compassion for someone always gets me in movies and books. If anyone has seen Disney's newest movie Inside Out, when Bing-Bong sacrificed himself for Joy I just about lost it. :)

You know where to throw knives in the heart that's for sure!

I was really depressed and then we watched that movie...

I almost threw myself out of the window after that.

I hate and love self sacrifices at the same time... So noble yet so sad....

I guarantee you that Nyr will mourn her...

I will post that soon enough!

Titanic wasn't so sad for me for some reason... could never get around that idea.

Anyway, too much sadness, just forget it, lets have some fun I guess!

But Nyr will still mourn Lilly.

Well as far as everyone in the room in concerned Leo just performed a miracle surviving that fog. None of them should be able to tell Lilly is gone just yet.

As soon as we get back to Arieos, Otto will try to lighten to mood a bit :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back