• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Elder Tale RP (Log Horizon) - Notes

From the way I read when you accepted it, was when Jhenai arrived which would have been first half of the night. I was then taking this to have happened shortly after telling folks to go to sleep and thereby giving us several more hours until dawn, figuring that everyone would have went back to sleep or at least continued resting during this time. I can edit my post if you would prefer to already be awake.

@shadowdude505

@Alistair ) can rectify since he knows how much time as past. Judging from his most recent post there is nothing indicating to me that characters had enough time to sleep once the final party members arrived. If my interpretation is correct then Kashi, Leorio and Tora wouldn't have fallen asleep. If yours is correct than Kashi would have tried to fall asleep and the post would be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
shadowdude505 said:
@Alistair ) can rectify since he knows how much time as past. Judging from his most recent post there is nothing indicating to me that characters had enough time to sleep once the final party members arrived. If my interpretation is correct then Kashi, Leorio and Tora wouldn't have fallen asleep. If yours is correct than Kashi would have tried to fall asleep and the post would be fine.
When most of the party members such as Mairi and Reynald, etc. Came, it was already getting dark, it was around evening or so. By the time the B-Group arrived it was night time, when Alistair (Character) began talking about roles/plans, everyone had enough time to sleep. Such as it was a subtle time skip (I did not add that, since I think I was half asleep, I forgot xD ). In the world of Elder Tale we all know about 2 hours is a full day in-game (If I remember correctly). So I'm sure we'll see that time goes by pretty fast.

The real time to game time conversation is something like 1 to 20 (don't remember the exact number since it has been a while since i saw the episode with that in it). However, once in the game, it would still feel like a normal day. 24 hrs in a day, etc. The scale by which time ran in game compared to real time is what that comparison is for, but while in game, you would still feel like 24 hrs passed in a normal day because our perception of time passing would be that of the reality we are stuck in (elder tale in this case).

Shineko said:
The real time to game time conversation is something like 1 to 20 (don't remember the exact number since it has been a while since i saw the episode with that in it). However, once in the game, it would still feel like a normal day. 24 hrs in a day, etc. The scale by which time ran in game compared to real time is what that comparison is for, but while in game, you would still feel like 24 hrs passed in a normal day because our perception of time passing would be that of the reality we are stuck in (elder tale in this case).
Interesting, I see then, so the real time/game time wouldn't matter much anyway then.

The difference in game time to real time shouldn't matter except in the concept of the characters "history" within the game. Like when they were referencing Shiroe's history in elder tale when talking with the Sage of Miral Lake (think I got spelling right). But otherwise, the anime tends to demonstrate that each day is perceived like a normal day since the days were built to have say kind of scale (24 hrs in a day).

Shineko said:
The difference in game time to real time shouldn't matter except in the concept of the characters "history" within the game. Like when they were referencing Shiroe's history in elder tale when talking with the Sage of Miral Lake (think I got spelling right). But otherwise, the anime tends to demonstrate that each day is perceived like a normal day since the days were built to have say kind of scale (24 hrs in a day).
Hahaha xD Shiroe's supposed to be like 85 years old xD

And ahh, I understand then.

My modem broken and I just got a new today, but I'm not gonna post til tomorrow. Long day...

pbtenchi said:
could somebody give me a brief so I can get my character in?
Alistair and the rest--excluding Mairi--are going on a quest to bring back a crystal use as an energy source for the town's barrier, which seems to be depleting.

Mairi decided not to join Alistair's guild and has left to the town since she thinks that she is not needed. I'd suggest joining her.

Thesmashbro said:
Recognizing that Jack was merely trying to push her buttons, Mairi decided not to try to correct him and continued on her way to the guild hall. She wondered how much thought Jack put into that insult considering that he just called Mairi a man, yet also said that he confused her for Alice. Mairi hoped that she could meet this "Alice" and tell her that her friend just called her a man.
Argh! just walking away ends the encounter! I thought you wanted someone to interact with!

pbtenchi said:
"Huh?..." He looked up. They looked similar but... it wasn't her. He got up, and brushed his knees. "Sorry... Mistook you for someone else... Sorry mister." He said, before heading back towards the shop.
Argh! just walking away ends the encounter! I thought you wanted someone to interact with!

pbtenchi said:
I knew I walked away, it only ends if BOTH walk away!
An encounter ends when the distance between two characters grows large enough to prevent interaction. If my character stood still instead of walking away, the encounter would've still ended.

O.o goodness i did not see any of this until now... come now let us relax and not have anything bad happen okay? (Btw @Thesmashbro i think that's a cool idea. Having Mairi try and stick it to Alistair xD )

Finished the first season of this anime not to long ago. Just recently started the second season.

Is this RP still accepting new players? I would love to participate in a Log Horizon RP.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back