• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Elder Tale RP (Log Horizon) - Notes

Sorry I haven't posted much lately, real life has been killing me. We are 3 people short at my job and I have been doing more than my share covering the extra workload. To top it off, this is our busiest time of the year (back to school season) and Central IT are a bunch of retards for forcing a massive password reset to happen right at back to school.

Oh, just an update for TheSmashbro on the characters I was working on. They are almost complete, just have to do their gear when I can find some time. Much easier designing gear for late game characters than it is with mid level characters. Especially since one of the two had a higher level character to help them some.

Alistair said:
True, but I meant more of like a Knight type of tank xD Guardian of that sort!
Sorry, I've never been good with that class.

I can't do it well, unless you like them useless and quick to die, I'm not your guy.

^^

Failed rhyme attempt

Thesmashbro said:
Reynald is a samurai, so that makes two tanks.
Shineko said:
The monk can tank :P
Hmmm....I guess that's fine then, we're in good hands for now I would suspect, wish Rage would return, I wonder what that old fellow is doing as of now.

Is it sad that I'm almost finished Season 1 of Log Horizon? I'm finally on Episode 21 xD

shadowdude505 said:
It would be sadder if you were almost done with season 2.
I would love to be. Though when I started this roleplay I knew the basics of Log Horizon from watching the 3 first episodes, and then I stopped all together because my internet sucked, then as I initiated into this website, I thought it would be a great idea to rekindle my Log Horizon love! Thus after I started this roleplay with you all, I have tried watching as much as possible. But just recently we got faster internet speed, and a new set up for the computer (Tower and all) So now I have been able to catch up! The last episode I was on was 13 until now. And now that I know a lot more of Log Horizon, I think this roleplay will get even better.

I'm also planning on re-creating the battle system for us all in this roleplay. To make it more authentic and Log Horizon/Elder Tale driven.

The battle system will include the BBCode for the progress bar, field set. And sides. So let me give you a run down of what I mean.

Alistair

HP

30,000 Life Points.

MP

100,000 Magic Points

Lvl. 90 Enchanter/Scribe.

Alistair looked out into the battlefield, filled with Goblings, Direwolves, and Hob-Goblins, Their levels ranged from 10 to 30, not that bad, though considering the amount was dangerous though, about a hundred Goblings, 20 Direwolves, and 10 Hob-Goblins were charging into battle with other Adventurers. Alistair narrowed his eyes, and called forth his faithful team. The plan was to help arrange a battlefield position of surrounding the enemy, and forming a circular containment for the battle. The strategy was to pressure the enemy forces into small quarters in an attempt to attack the enemy force and gain large numbers of enemy defeats.

With this, the sky turned a dark grey, casting over the battlefield as clashing swords, blitzing lights, and flashing colors filled the air, war was upon this sector of the forest. Protect Akihabara, was the only plan!

Actions

(All spells you may control, or actions that any class has. Such as Head Splitter(Samurai) or Nightmare Sphere (Enchanters) If you desire you may include a detailed explanation of all spells your character controls.)

(Power ups, Enhanced/Active abilities. Such as Mage Howling for Alistair or other players.)

Now trust me, it isn't that detailed, and it isn't that big of a problem when trying to re-create it. All you have to do is after you follow through with a spell or another action. In doing so copy the Side and progress bar, change the amount from the progress bars. and that's it. Then after that, make your next move down below, after your next move. Copy the fieldset actions (which is below) and just paste it onto your new post. And then post!

It looks too complicated, having to keep track of HP and MP. Especially because there isn't really any idea how much each attack does in relation to each character's stats.

Thesmashbro said:
It looks too complicated, having to keep track of HP and MP. Especially because there isn't really any idea how much each attack does in relation to each character's stats.
Perhaps you are right, we don't have any idea of how much an attack would do upon us, unless we took dice or another form of play-style to help generate what dmg we would give or how much dmg we would take. Thank you for giving your opinion though, I was wondering was all to see if it would be a fun add-on to the battle-system.

While I like the idea of the battle system and gauges. The biggest flaw is what TheSmashbro was pointing towards, which is the lack of information we have on the skills with relation to how to calculate their damage and their associated cost. I think it would be a huge challenge to go through each skill (and in some cases create new skills because the skills known for each class is not balanced) and create ways to calculate damage/power of effect and associated cost. Even though I have watched both seasons of the show and tried to read as much as I could of the materials available for attempting to RP log horizon, I haven't been able to find many things that gave the kind of detail needed to implement this aspect.

Shineko said:
While I like the idea of the battle system and gauges. The biggest flaw is what TheSmashbro was pointing towards, which is the lack of information we have on the skills with relation to how to calculate their damage and their associated cost. I think it would be a huge challenge to go through each skill (and in some cases create new skills because the skills known for each class is not balanced) and create ways to calculate damage/power of effect and associated cost. Even though I have watched both seasons of the show and tried to read as much as I could of the materials available for attempting to RP log horizon, I haven't been able to find many things that gave the kind of detail needed to implement this aspect.
If only Elder Tale was an actual game, haha! But yes, @Thesmashbro is correct and I overlooked that until he spoke about it, so I thank him for that detail. An unbalanced roleplay is a disastrous one. Though I did like the idea of implementing the gauges, to give it more of an Elder Tale feel. Other than that, I believe when the day finally comes where I or everyone creates a way of calculating the damage/power, we'd be able to use the more complex system. Though for now, I need to work on those runes of yours @Shineko xD

*whistles innocently* Runes, what runes. Those have SO much potential and typically have seemed overlooked as a subclass

Shineko said:
*whistles innocently* Runes, what runes. Those have SO much potential and typically have seemed overlooked as a subclass
You know what I mean you sneaky lil fox, I'll get you soon xD

[media]

[/media]
LETS ALL ENJOY OUR FAVORITE SONG!

I'll have you know that I was the first one to look at that subclass @Alistair XP

So... Are we going to role play out the (equivalent of) a slaughter going on at Rahl's end @Alistair ?

I'd actually like Rahl to participate in this meeting (albeit late, of course) so I'd prefer we not do it. His success is guaranteed anyways, all of them are only around level 60.

[QUOTE="That Guy Over There]I'd actually like Rahl to participate in this meeting (albeit late, of course) so I'd prefer we not do it. His success is guaranteed anyways, all of them are only around level 60.

[/QUOTE]
giphy.gif

@Alistair That was my intent (or at least hope) that I could pull that out. Partially because it is going to take something on those lines to get my character to willingly follow you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back