• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Elder Tale RP (Log Horizon) - Notes

@Shineko She said that she would, but after it was revealed that the place was 20 levels below them (not counting the B-group), she decided that she wasn't needed and left.

I think that adding Akaikimono to the AB-group would be pointless right now. I think I'll introduce her when there's more of a B-group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, I figured you might wait a little, was just wondering when we would see her. I am aiming for it to take a while before they realize they are siblings but we will see how it plays out.

Ahh, I didn't realize when she did that, that she was ditching out for that. Then I will edit my post to correct for the change with mairi

Thesmashbro said:
I don't think we have enough people for a raid boss. Don't raids usually require 4 full parties at max level?
Hmm...touche, what do you propose it should be? Just a normal boss? Or just a harder enemy keeping the cave? I'll change my post though!

Alistair said:
Hmm...touche, what do you propose it should be? Just a normal boss? Or just a harder enemy keeping the cave? I'll change my post though!
The main problem with setting up a strong enemy in this situation is that you already established that the area is level 70. That means that the strongest enemy there is around that level, even if it's a boss. Our group is mostly made up of level 90s. That means that our characters will be able to breeze through every enemy, especially since there are so many of us. Not only that, but our B-group characters are too low leveled to do anything. They'll probably get killed in a few hits. In other words, there is absolutely no reason why the B-group should join with the A-group.

Unless we are at the entrance to the area, we have to travel to get to the entrance. Most of the areas closer to town would be set with things that are lower level, allowing group B to have someone to fight. Also, if you ever played MMOs, there is a thing known as power leveling. Now, depending on the company making the MMO, what kind of caps they put to the exp gained from doing this but you essentially have a lower level (or group of lower level characters) mixed with a high level character(s). After the fights when the exp is split, they tend to gain a lot of experience. In more recent years, some companies have tried to put in additional checks and caps to reduce the effectiveness of this technique, but players always find a way around it.

This powerleveling was essentially the reason for bringing group B (from Shineko's point of view). This would allow us to help them gain quick experience and levels. And if there was a raid boss or at least major boss, the ability to improve their equipment. Even a level 90 Raid boss wouldn't be an issue for us to kill as long as we can keep the tanks rotated and healed. The part that would scare me the most is having only 1 high level healer to aid with a raid boss in case of insta kill skills, etc.

With this idea in hand, I probably would skip having a raid boss but instead a normal boss, maybe around 75-80. This should still drop decent gear (just no phantasmal gear) that we could pass along to the lower levels or maybe even use as a mild improvement on what some people already have.

Thesmashbro said:
The main problem with setting up a strong enemy in this situation is that you already established that the area is level 70. That means that the strongest enemy there is around that level, even if it's a boss. Our group is mostly made up of level 90s. That means that our characters will be able to breeze through every enemy, especially since there are so many of us. Not only that, but our B-group characters are too low leveled to do anything. They'll probably get killed in a few hits. In other words, there is absolutely no reason why the B-group should join with the A-group.
I see your point there, I see what Mairi also stated within the rp that it would be meaningless for so many players.. though if every one wants a team of players to go inside the cave rather than 3 lvl 90 characters. I shall let that debate arise.

Shineko said:
Unless we are at the entrance to the area, we have to travel to get to the entrance. Most of the areas closer to town would be set with things that are lower level, allowing group B to have someone to fight. Also, if you ever played MMOs, there is a thing known as power leveling. Now, depending on the company making the MMO, what kind of caps they put to the exp gained from doing this but you essentially have a lower level (or group of lower level characters) mixed with a high level character(s). After the fights when the exp is split, they tend to gain a lot of experience. In more recent years, some companies have tried to put in additional checks and caps to reduce the effectiveness of this technique, but players always find a way around it.
This powerleveling was essentially the reason for bringing group B (from Shineko's point of view). This would allow us to help them gain quick experience and levels. And if there was a raid boss or at least major boss, the ability to improve their equipment. Even a level 90 Raid boss wouldn't be an issue for us to kill as long as we can keep the tanks rotated and healed. The part that would scare me the most is having only 1 high level healer to aid with a raid boss in case of insta kill skills, etc.

With this idea in hand, I probably would skip having a raid boss but instead a normal boss, maybe around 75-80. This should still drop decent gear (just no phantasmal gear) that we could pass along to the lower levels or maybe even use as a mild improvement on what some people already have.
I see your point as well. It would benefit the lower leveled characters while the A group chaperones the B group in this small quest. I'm fine with your idea, and I'm fine with smash's idea. A normal boss it is though, but we should probably find a outcome to this decision of let the A chaperone the B or let the A take care of this.

God..typing on a phone sucks. Damn touchscreens...

I feel bad for you doing that post on a touchscreen. I hate trying to write on those things. I am fine either way, but thought of the chaperone idea when you said the level was only going to be around lvl 70 down there. Because if we keeping that level and not doing the chaperone idea, Mairi is correct in that it would only take 3 of us to accomplish this task.

Shineko said:
I feel bad for you doing that post on a touchscreen. I hate trying to write on those things. I am fine either way, but thought of the chaperone idea when you said the level was only going to be around lvl 70 down there. Because if we keeping that level and not doing the chaperone idea, Mairi is correct in that it would only take 3 of us to accomplish this task.
It solely depends on the other roleplayers, if they desire to have the chaperon idea or just have 3 lvl 90s go. And yeeah. Was annoying xD

@Galain Fletchawk

@shadowdude505

@That Guy Over There

@Jhenai

@Thesmashbro

@Shineko

I wish to know what you all would like, the A-B Group going in or just some members of the A group going in to the cave?

Alistair said:
It solely depends on the other roleplayers, if they desire to have the chaperon idea or just have 3 lvl 90s go. And yeeah. Was annoying xD
@Galain Fletchawk

@shadowdude505

@That Guy Over There

@Jhenai

@Thesmashbro

@Shineko

I wish to know what you all would like, the A-B Group going in or just some members of the A group going in to the cave?
Personally, I prefer the 3 lvl 90s idea. Less people people means the lower lvl chaps get a bigger chunk of XP. However, my character won't participate due to inexperience in the new fighting system, unless they get a decent amount of arm work in on the way there.

I think the proposed idea is either send just the 3-4 level 90s (aka, a few of the high levels) or take pretty much everyone (the A and B groups). Alistair can confirm this though

Fighting experience might be good for the lower levels but either way is fine for me. If only a few of the higher levels go, what would the rest of us do? A side quest, or perhaps gather information in town? Or do our own thing and see where it goes from there while waiting for them to finish the barrier quest. My guess is, it won't take too long.

Shineko said:
I think the proposed idea is either send just the 3-4 level 90s (aka, a few of the high levels) or take pretty much everyone (the A and B groups). Alistair can confirm this though
That's correct, I just wanted to make sure everyone was fine with doing either or.

I'm good with whatever. It would be nice for the lower level characters to get some XP, but maybe for story telling reasons they don't need it quite yet.

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!! :D

It seems that everyone favors the 3 or 4 lvl 90 idea provided by @Thesmashbro . Then we shall implement that, I'll make sure Alistair ensures that the lower leveled players stay outside of the cave and keep watch. (Since I will let them come along, but they will guard the cave, and I'll also implement a few of equal leveled monsters for the lower leveled players to fight with, just to keep them busy) As for right now. I'm pushing Alistair to be one of the people to go in the cave. Anyone else up for the task?

@Thesmashbro

@shadowdude505

@Shineko

@Jhenai

@That Guy Over There

@Galain Fletchawk

The lvl 90 players who do not desire to go into the cave, such as Ayla, could help keep watch over the lower leveled players to take note of their team skills, and report to Alistair about it.

Thesmashbro said:
You don't have to wait for me; my character is in for whatever Alistair (the character) has planned.
I thought it would be respectful to say the least, since I noticed a lot of people were posting and I was like "Where is Smashbro? He has been lost in the sea's of posts! ;~;"

@Shineko Kashi is already awake.

Unless I'm misinterpreting Alistair's most recent post. It makes it seem like the sun came up after my characters accepted the quest.

shadowdude505 said:
@Shineko Kashi is already awake.
Unless I'm misinterpreting Alistair's most recent post. It makes it seem like the sun came up after my characters accepted the quest.
The true protagonists! xD THE SUN RISES WITH THEIR ACCEPTANCE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back