• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dominions: The Middle Ages

"I see. Well, alright. I'll try and keep him alive! If not, he can always become a skeleton!"

"I see. Well, alright. I'll try and keep him alive! If not, he can always become a skeleton!"
"Ha, I suppose that's true, but I fear failure on that cursed island will result in far worse than death."

As the mage finishes speaking, you come up over a hill to see a small harbor town not too far in the distance. The lantern fires bring faint light to the encroaching evening darkness, and you can see the faint outline of a ship docked in the small harbor.

Xochitl emits his laughing sound, which sounds more like a dolphin, then keeps quiet. He wonders if he'll be able to protect this silly scholar man, much less himself. They'd see, soon enough.

Xochitl emits his laughing sound, which sounds more like a dolphin, then keeps quiet. He wonders if he'll be able to protect this silly scholar man, much less himself. They'd see, soon enough.
You and the party walk through the town. It's rather quiet, save for the occasional man sitting out on his porch, discussing things with friends and family. You come upon the harbor. It is small and quaint, with just a couple sloops and some dinghies. One of the sloops appears to be in use by the troop you're with, as the mercenary captain approaches it and casually hails its commander. The two have a short talk, after which the captain lowers the bridge and hails you all onto the ship.

The commander introduces himself as Yervitch, and you can't help but notice his bald head when he takes off his hat and bows. He's a tall, lanky man with a long brown beard. His right eye appears to be perpetually shut, likely thanks to the scar that runs the length of his eyebrow to just above his cheek. His body is covered in a thick coat made of elk pelts and wolf fur, and his feet are covered in worn leather boots. His accent is more than a little noticeable as you listen to him explain how often he had sailed this area, and his merits as a captain. Eventually, he directs you all below deck, saying that you should all try to enjoy yourselves for the day or so it'll take to sail out to the island.

Last edited:
"JIMMehhh.. KILL ALL THING," the giant says happily, his cudgel swinging about once again.
The mage seems to be enjoying this little interaction immensely, due to how much he's been smiling. Perhaps it's purely for the fact that he's seducing such a large warrior to help in the mercenaries in their quest, but he continues regardless of his intent.

"You think you'd be up to take a few swings at some skeletons, my brutish friend?"

Last edited:
You and the party walk through the town. It's rather quiet, save for the occasional man sitting out on his porch, discussing things with friends and family. You come upon the harbor. It is small and quaint, with just a couple sloops and some dinghies. One of the sloops appears to be in use by the troop you're with, as the mercenary captain approaches it and casually hails its commander. The two have a short talk, after which the captain lowers the bridge and hails you all onto the ship.

The commander introduces himself as Yervitch, and you can't help but notice his bald head when he takes off his hat and bows. He's a tall, lanky man with a long brown beard. His right eye appears to be perpetually shut, likely thanks to the scar that runs the length of his eyebrow to just above his cheek. His body is covered in a thick coat made of elk pelts and wolf fur, and his feet are covered in worn leather boots. His accent is more than a little noticeable as you listen to him explain how often he had sailed this area, and his merits as a captain. Eventually, he directs you all below deck, saying that you should all try to enjoy yourselves for the day or so it'll take to sail out to the island.

The skeleton quietly walks along with the group, looking at all the people in the town. How lovely! Things were never this active back in the family crypt. Or this breezy. He listened to Captain Yervich speak then enthusiastically thanked him for having them aboard his ship. "It's an honor, sir!" He exclaimed, his jaws practically chattering with excitement.

"Ho traveler! Not many come down this path," says a man who appears to be their leader. "It's a dangerous one at that, so I can only assume you're mighty brave. Could I ask for your name?"

A stressed grin, fluttering eyes. "IT'S HAPPENED ONCE MORE. I MUST KILL THE GODS THAT KEEP DOING THIS! I'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE! I NEARLY DIED! WHY DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS TO ME?" Screaming, black eye-shaped skull spheres peering down at these fools. "I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE! I WAS A GOD! I WAS A KING! I AM LORD VULTUS NEPSIS!"

"Interesting!," exclaims the man. A variety of faces and murmurs between friends erupt from others within earshot, but that's to be expected from a band like this. "Only so many places this road leads to, friend. Could I ask where it is you're off to?"

"AGARTHA! I MUST DESCEND TO ASCEND."

"A fine coincidence that is! We're heading that way as well. Join us for a spell, and we'll help you there safely."

"YOU WILL NOT SURVIVE!"

Hesitantly, or perhaps not hesitantly enough, you agree to join the mercenaries on their journey. It isn't far into the walk when some of the other mercs introduce themselves to you, and start asking questions. A kindly old mage begins to ask you about your magic abilities, [YOUR MAGIC SKILLS, SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO HAVE ANY] while the two heavily armored Halberdiers ask you about what you have on you.

"I WIELD WEAPONS. I CARRY MONEY, THE FINEST CRAFTED MACE IN ALL THE REALMS, AND SAND."

Finally, a young squire asks you what you look like. You’re confused at first, but the other mercs explain that the boys been blind since he was born, and that they keep him on as a scout and a figurative “look-out” thanks to his keen sense of hearing. They tell you to humor the boy, and you agree, perhaps begrudgingly, to describe yourself to the child.

"YOU REMIND ME OF MYSELF AS A YOUTH, BOY. INNOCENT, TRUSTWORTHY. YOU DON'T GRASP MY FORM, I'VE HEALED EVERY RESET, MY FORM IS CRIPPLED, BUT UNBELIEVABLY HUMANOID. I'VE RECOVERED, BOY! YOU REMEMBER OUR LAST MEETING, YOU HAVE TO HAVE! YOU MUST!"

Finally, the leader of the band himself asks you a simple question; why are you out and about like this? [GOAL]

"I WISH TO KILL GOD. ALL GODS. PRETENDERS, ALL OF THIS. I WISH TO BE FREE. I WISH TO BECOME THE GODS I FEAR."

teddethdead.png

"SWINGhh... SWING GOOD... AT BONEMENhhh... GOODEST!" Jimmeh says after a few moments, enthused at the thought of killing something, even if it were technically dead already.

The skeleton quietly walks along with the group, looking at all the people in the town. How lovely! Things were never this active back in the family crypt. Or this breezy. He listened to Captain Yervich speak then enthusiastically thanked him for having them aboard his ship. "It's an honor, sir!" He exclaimed, his jaws practically chattering with excitement.

"Honor's all mine, comrade!" Yervitch extends his hand to shake yours.

"SWINGhh... SWING GOOD... AT BONEMENhhh... GOODEST!" Jimmeh says after a few moments, enthused at the thought of killing something, even if it were technically dead already.

"Then i think you'll have some fun in this coming trial."

The party comes up over a hill, giving you a good look at a village not too far away. The land is in a sickly state, covered completely in death and decay. The horrible screams and moans of the undead are clear, even from where you stand. The party appears confident, but it isn't difficult to detect that it's all a facade. The task set before you is truly horrifying.

Xochitl extends a gloved hand and shakes the Captain's hand.
The captain gives you a firm shake, almost pulling off your hand in the process.

"You're a bit boney, comrade." the captain says as he releases your hand. "You'll fill yourself up on meat before you go sleep, yes?"

Last edited:
The captain gives you a hardy shake, almost pulling off your hand in the process.

"You're a bit boney, comrade." the captain says as he releases your hand. "You'll fill yourself up on meat before you go sleep, yes?"

"But of course! I will eat all the meat. All of it. Do not fear, friend!" Xochitl answers confidently.

"But of course! I will eat all the meat. All of it. Do not fear, friend!" Xochitl answers confidently.
"Ha! That is the spirit! I think we'll get along well, comrade."

The captain gives you a hardy smack on the back, and then heads off to talk with the rest of your newfound companions.

"Ho traveler! Not many come down this path," says a man who appears to be their leader. "It's a dangerous one at that, so I can only assume you're mighty brave. Could I ask for your name?"

A stressed grin, fluttering eyes. "IT'S HAPPENED ONCE MORE. I MUST KILL THE GODS THAT KEEP DOING THIS! I'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE! I NEARLY DIED! WHY DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS TO ME?" Screaming, black eye-shaped skull spheres peering down at these fools. "I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE! I WAS A GOD! I WAS A KING! I AM LORD VULTUS NEPSIS!"

"Interesting!," exclaims the man. A variety of faces and murmurs between friends erupt from others within earshot, but that's to be expected from a band like this. "Only so many places this road leads to, friend. Could I ask where it is you're off to?"

"AGARTHA! I MUST DESCEND TO ASCEND."

"A fine coincidence that is! We're heading that way as well. Join us for a spell, and we'll help you there safely."

"YOU WILL NOT SURVIVE!"

Hesitantly, or perhaps not hesitantly enough, you agree to join the mercenaries on their journey. It isn't far into the walk when some of the other mercs introduce themselves to you, and start asking questions. A kindly old mage begins to ask you about your magic abilities, [YOUR MAGIC SKILLS, SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO HAVE ANY] while the two heavily armored Halberdiers ask you about what you have on you.

"I WIELD WEAPONS. I CARRY MONEY, THE FINEST CRAFTED MACE IN ALL THE REALMS, AND SAND."

Finally, a young squire asks you what you look like. You’re confused at first, but the other mercs explain that the boys been blind since he was born, and that they keep him on as a scout and a figurative “look-out” thanks to his keen sense of hearing. They tell you to humor the boy, and you agree, perhaps begrudgingly, to describe yourself to the child.

"YOU REMIND ME OF MYSELF AS A YOUTH, BOY. INNOCENT, TRUSTWORTHY. YOU DON'T GRASP MY FORM, I'VE HEALED EVERY RESET, MY FORM IS CRIPPLED, BUT UNBELIEVABLY HUMANOID. I'VE RECOVERED, BOY! YOU REMEMBER OUR LAST MEETING, YOU HAVE TO HAVE! YOU MUST!"

Finally, the leader of the band himself asks you a simple question; why are you out and about like this? [GOAL]

"I WISH TO KILL GOD. ALL GODS. PRETENDERS, ALL OF THIS. I WISH TO BE FREE. I WISH TO BECOME THE GODS I FEAR."

View attachment 340011
The mercenaries fall back in line, and you with them. Whether it's out of fear or distrust, very few of the mercenaries really make any attempts at talking with you. You are a loud, shambling horror, after all, so you can only blame them so much. The captain does make an effort to speak with you, perhaps only for the reason of explaining to you where the group is going and what they're doing.

"A horrible gathering of the undead." begins the man "Have made a right mess of a small village on the outskirts of Einhaus region, not far from the capital. We've been sent to dispatch of it. Do you think you'd be up to aid us in this?"

The mercenaries fall back in line, and you with them. Whether it's out of fear or distrust, very few of the mercenaries really make any attempts at talking with you. You are a loud, shambling horror, after all, so you can only blame them so much. The captain does make an effort to speak with you, perhaps only for the reason of explaining to you where the group is going and what they're doing.

"A horrible gathering of the undead." begins the man "Have made a right mess of a small village on the outskirts of Einhaus region, not far from the capital. We've been sent to dispatch of it. Do you think you'd be up to aid us in this?"

"I'D BE RIGHT HAPPY TO! THE UNDEAD FEAR ME FOR THEY KNOW MY ANGUISH."

riptheskin.png

"I'D BE RIGHT HAPPY TO! THE UNDEAD FEAR ME FOR THEY KNOW MY ANGUISH."

View attachment 340775
"Good to know, friend! I Hope we can count on you in this coming battle."

The captain returns to the front of the troop, leaving you with your own demented thoughts for the remainder of this walk. Luckily, that period isn't long, as you come up over a hill and spot the town in question not more than two miles walk away. Of course, that brings no solace to anyone. The town and the fields around it wrought with the smell of death and decay, so much so that you can smell it from where you stand. A horrid miasma spreads out around the premise, and you can hear the screams of the damned as if they were just next to you. The troop seems naught too excited about what is to come, but the captain leads them forward regardless.

"Ha! That is the spirit! I think we'll get along well, comrade."

The captain gives you a hardy smack on the back, and then heads off to talk with the rest of your newfound companions.

Xochitl can almost hear an arm pop off when Yervitch smacks him on the back. Quickly, he grabs it from the outside of the cloak and pretends to be rubbing his arm as he sticks it back into place. He follows the captain to partake in conversation and dinner with the others. Food, eh? Xochitl saw an opportunity for easy money here.

Xochitl can almost hear an arm pop off when Yervitch smacks him on the back. Quickly, he grabs it from the outside of the cloak and pretends to be rubbing his arm as he sticks it back into place. He follows the captain to partake in conversation and dinner with the others. Food, eh? Xochitl saw an opportunity for easy money here.
Set out before you is a grand feast of ale, pig, fish, and bread. Of course, it really isn't that much, but for wanderers like you and these mercenaries, it's likely more food at once then you've seen in a very long time. All the mercs that've gotten below deck waste no time in digging in to the food before them. You should probably start putting some meat in those bones now, if you hope to do so at all.

A while into the dinner, when everyone is sufficiently buzzed and/or drunk, Xochitl makes sure the bag between his ribs is still there and well-tied, then approaches Yervitch. "You say I'm boney, yes? Well, I bet you fifty gold I can eat that entire pig," he says, laughing.

A while into the dinner, when everyone is sufficiently buzzed and/or drunk, Xochitl makes sure the bag between his ribs is still there and well-tied, then approaches Yervitch. "You say I'm boney, yes? Well, I bet you fifty gold I can eat that entire pig," he says, laughing.
Yervitch laughs right in your face.

"A whole pig! Ha, you could not even eat the head of it, but if you wish to give up gold, so be it. You are on, boney."

Xochitl sits down and begins eating the pig, with no signs of stopping.
The captain, along with the mercs, stand in amazement as you down the pig like some sort of snake man. Your bones rattle as you attempt to fit it all through your mouth, but the sounds of laughing and cheering easily drown it out. The spectacular spectacle comes to an end as you force the last of the pig down your gullet, and everyone who witnessed your feat gives you three cheers. Yervitch approaches you, and slams a coin purse down in front of you.

"An amazing show, comrade! You have earned every one of these."

Xochitl nods and laughs as he takes the coins. "Thank you, friend! Did I not say I was capable? When I put my mind to it, anything is possible."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back