• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Department of Defense Against the Supernatural

She carefully hunted down a black, lacy dress, ripped tights and combat boots. She carefully made her way back downstairs, before grabbing her coat off the chair. "So, what are we gonna watch?"

Noyeh was still waiting for people to come in, for the meantime, he had to stall the monster. Putting both of his hands on the ground, metal sprouted out of the ground in pillars. They all shot up at the beast, the pillars digging into the beasts gooey body. He was still feeling the pain of the bone twisting and turning from what happened before, but he couldn't give up now.

@Barbas

Luke was talking to the rookie when Corin walked in asking for something. Luke turned to Corin. "What is it you need?"

@KattRai

"As for you rookie, I want to see how good your research skills are. Find out what the hell those things are in the city, and find a weakness. Hack the FBI if you need to. Just be aware that you'll need to suppress your presence to avoid the felony charge

@Maxwelle

"We need to know if you can spare some of those 'bots of yours, or at least one to give you a stand-in down at the base we are setting up in Baton Rouge, closer to New Orleans. Unless the two of you would rather join us closer to the fighting? I want you where ever you're most useful." Greyston told them. He had a much more serious look than usual, and didn't even say hello to the new recruit.

"What do you want to watch?" Zhaine asked, "Theres that new zombie movie out, but I hear its pretty gory. Not sure if it's any good or not." He said, reaching out a hand to her as they left the bookstore for the streets outside. "Nice dress, by the way," He smiled.

Noyeh said:
Noyeh was still waiting for people to come in, for the meantime, he had to stall the monster. Putting both of his hands on the ground, metal sprouted out of the ground in pillars. They all shot up at the beast, the pillars digging into the beasts gooey body. He was still feeling the pain of the bone twisting and turning from what happened before, but he couldn't give up now.
@Barbas
Seeing the pillars digging into my formless body, I move towards the pest that has been annoying me, the pillars passing through my body as I move. Do you truly think your tricks can save you, worm?

"Let's get closer. I can reprogram them instantly if I'm closer, plus I'll be able to gather weaknesses."

He turned to Kirimi "Rookie! Change of plans. We're jumping in head first. Bring your hacking equipment. I still want you to find Intel on these creatures."

@KattRai

@Maxwelle

Greyston nodded, and went back to fetch Piper and Tulula, so that they could all head out together. He had requested some troops from the armed forces reserve be stationed down closer in case they needed to launch a full scale attack. 'Well, I guess Piper and I will get to play with some of our new toys.' He thought to himself as he worked out the finishing preparations that needed to be made. For a normal department setting up a secondary base with everything needed would take weeks, but given the nature of the work of DDAMPSEA, there were protocols and safeties in place already in case something this big did occur. @Sleipnir

Zhaine held Alexa's hand tightly, and as they walked wrapped his arm around her shoulder, pulling her close and pulling her arm across at her waist so as not to let go of her hand. The movie wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible, either. It was a movie that took on the point of view of the zombies, looking for food and trying to survive while the vicious and well fed humans kept stamping them down.

Talithor watched its master being hurt and grinned evilly. "Master does not get treated like thissssss...." It hissed, launching itself at Yog-Dagor's attacker. It perched itself on the attacker's shoulders, invisible to human eyes. Only Black Dogs, Hellhounds, Dragons, and his master could see him. "Hello, human." It whispered in his ear. "Prepare to die." It screeched loudly, and then stuck its arm into the master's attacker's chest, feeling around for the soft, vulnerable thing called the soul. He grasped it and tore a chunk out. It looked like silver fabric with a blue shine.

@Noyeh @Barbas

Barbas said:
Seeing the pillars digging into my formless body, I move towards the pest that has been annoying me, the pillars passing behind me. Do you truly think your tricks can save you, worm.
sitanomoto said:
Talithor watched its master being hurt and grinned evilly. "Master does not get treated like thissssss...." It hissed, launching itself at Yog-Dagor's attacker. It perched itself on the attacker's shoulders, invisible to human eyes. Only Black Dogs, Hellhounds, Dragons, and his master could see him. "Hello, human." It whispered in his ear. "Prepare to die." It screeched loudly, and then stuck its arm into the master's attacker's chest, feeling around for the soft, vulnerable thing called the soul. He grasped it and tore a chunk out. It looked like silver fabric with a blue shine.

@Noyeh @Barbas
Well done Talithor, you have done me a great favor. Now, dispose of this pest.

"I'm glad I did too..."

She disentangled herself from him, before wrapping her send around his neck. "Love you..."

Her lips brushed against his cheek.

@KattRai

Last edited by a moderator:
Piper met Greyston. "Are we ready to go?" She asked, looking around. "I can't believe how everyone's taking this... Thing. I think it's all happening so fast no one's had time to pause and think about it."

After ordering Talithor to dispose of the pest I precede to look around the ruins of the city and my Mi-go flying around, capturing any surviving human they can find and sacrificing them.

Greyston nodded in agreement. He took his team- Piper, Luke, Tulula, Kirimi, and headed up to the Helipad on top of the building which housed the department. Usually they didn't need it, it was too much of a hassle with all of the restrictions on DC airspace. But this was a special case. They headed down to set up a base in Baton Rougue ahead of all of the other members who would be joining them the next morning, as they had to take normal flights out there.

Zhaine kissed her cheek, too, and smiled down at his child hood friend, "I've loved you longer," He murmured back.

Luke boarded the plane. Taking a seat, he grabbed his laptop. Using his magic, he disabled internet interference against the plane so he didn't have to go airplane mode.

He proceeded to search the deepest depths of the web for information on these creatures.

A blog popped up for Luke:

TALITHOR'S BLOG

entry1: earth day 3 mil. 357k, 874.

Master has assigned me a new job: torment earth! This should be fun! Shoutout to all of my Mi-Go minions for three days torment!

Feeling the random person stick its arm in his chest. He looked over to whee the beast was, he knew where the ghost was from where it's voice came from. Noyeh basically speaks the truth. "Ghost, I don't have a soul nor heart, I was basically created from a piece of liquid. So? What now?" He looked at the ghost, knowing that wasn't there, all he had to do was follow steps, noises, anything else.

(Thanks)

Luke looked at the blog post and yawned. Talithor? Mi-Go must be the name of the army. This post didn't tell him much, but it did tell him something.

These creatures possessed intelligence, which was a pain in the ass for creatures who destroyed shit for fun. This poster was apparently a leader.

A shoutout? These minions meant something to this Talithor. He wrote down what he found and his conclusion and showed it to Corin

"Killing the minions may draw out a lesser leader"

Corin checked what Luke found, and nodded. "Well, lets see if we can do some damage control, kill some minions, and maybe take down someone in charge." He said, before long the helicopter landed, and they were taken by car to a building that was a single story wear house with no walls. It wasn't much to work with, but it was all they could get in the time allotted. In one corner there were maps with on interactive screens, in another there were desks and computers. They weren't as nice as what the team was used to, but it would have to do. Greyston motioned for everyone to get to work actually setting up these materials, as they weren't yet actually hooked up or anything.

Lilian was disappointed not to be chosen for the team they sent initially to Louisiana to await further orders, but she got to take her training flight, so that was good enough for her. When she got back she heard more talk of this dragon, it was apparently spewing fire 30ft high! 'I've got tomorrow off, I might as well go check it out.' She thought to herself. She headed out to her car, and drove out away from the training base near DC, towards the supposed dragon sightings.

"Well, theres moonlight, and it would seem you have a boyfriend here." Zhaine said with a smile, his eyes shifting between Alexa's lips and her eyes.

Piper leaped up next to her partner. "Right. Let's head out then." She grumbled. "...I hate heights."

Looking at the now desolated city, I see that my Mi-go have begun sacrificing all the humans they captured by ripping them to shreds.

Luke walked into the building "The hell is this shit?" he said. This building was miserable. His house looked better when his parents left him with nothing while going traveling. Activating his magic, Luke plugged up all the equipment. He spoke to everyone else. "You can all use that dinosaur crap. I prefer my laptop." He pulled out his laptop and searched for more info on the creatures. Luke looked at an article where tweeters would tweet about impending disaster. Officials would use it to try to alert people. Luke hacked into social media sites. Looking at the traffic in the sites, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, he noticed a lot of tweets going on about something coming from the water. "The creatures probably come from water." he said absently to himself

He suddenly remembered Corin asking for robots. Luke looked to Corin. "What kind of electronics did you need?" he said, "Also, the creatures have probably inhabited water for a long time. In fact, since humans haven't discovered a living creature that's been in the water, it must be ancient. There aren't a lot of ancient creatures who have inhabited water. Even so though, I can't narrow it down yet. I need more info first."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back