Delirium [Inactive]

Luca cleared his throat and stood there with a new found confidence. "My name is Luca. and yes I saw everything that just happened. But, none of that is of importance except.." He paused, liking to think it was for dramatic effect, "The boy. I need him." He smiled a bit and ran his fingers through his shaggy black hair before leaning in close. "I need him before he gets us all killed." Once again, Luca found himself rubbing his scar just below the ear. His anxious was beginning to seep back into his body and he shifted impatiently from foot to foot.

I have a dream i'm back in Wilmington in my old dojo sensei is giving a lesson on how to kill regulator's dog since i'm the most advance student I give a demonstration but instead of the usual fake dogs that are on ropes that they use for training a real regulator's dog comes charging out I do what I usually do and get into my stance but then when I try to swing i'm frozen and the dog gets my left arm then I look at the observation deck for help but the students the sensei's my parents are dogs and they eat me alive... I wake up on Mason's coach I sit up to make sure i'm okay and see Mason talking to someone I get up and stand beside Lucas one hand on my sword just in case of treachery

Mason Brooks

Sympathizer / 20 / Faked

"Invalid, right?" Mason questioned in a low tone. "No need to worry, he's passed out." Mason jerked his thumb over his shoulder in a gesture toward the house. He doubted that the kid would be going anywhere anything soon, Mason still needed to look at his ankle and until that happened he wouldn't let the kid go anywhere.

"Why don't you come in, we can talk more inside." His eyes roamed the streets quickly. "Don't want any innocent ears overhearing us." He then swept his hand sideways, blinking to see that the kid had appeared next to him.

"Injured people shouldn't be moving." Mason snapped, grabbing the sword from the kid. "And you don't need a weapon, I have a strict no weapon policy in my house!" Mason then headed back into the house, the kid's sword in hand so that he could hide it within the vault behind his fireplace. "You can have it back before you leave, but if someone comes and finds it... you'll get us all killed." He stated, scolding the boy. "Just endure it until you're healthy enough to leave."

Last edited by a moderator:
Zoë once finished her shower she changed into the ultra baggy clothes Mason gave her, the shirt was big enough that the neck hole slid over her shoulder, and the basketball shorts she had to roll the waist band multiple times and pull the tie so it finally fit. Once done she re did her hair and then walked out to be met with Mason and Davids familiar faces along with a new one. Looking over at the new comer she had seen him around before in the city but never recognized him watching her before on her runs. Greeting him with a smile she joked lightly to him as Mason scolded David. "I see you have been pulled into this mess now haven't you, you must be a acquaintance of Mason, i'm Zoë. Pleased to meet you." she merely assumed he must be a acquaintance of Mason's due to seeing Mason's house always flowing with people coming in and out.

Luca paled when Mason asked if he was Invalid in that all-knowing voice of his. Even though he had just hinted at it, it still frightened him to hear the dreadful word, the word that forever separated him from the city, uttered so simply. Was his life of dread and terror truly so easily summed up with that one simple word?

He was still standing on the porch, trying to decide whether to take up on Mason's offer to come inside when Zoë arrived. When she introduced herself to him, he bit his tongue hard in order to keep himself from replying with a sappy and lovesick "I know", and instead smiled politely. "I'm Luca. And yes this is quite a mess I suppose.. But we can have it cleaned up quite easily." He said, shooting a quick glare at the young boy.

Zoë looked over at David momentarily oblivious to the lovesick boys gaze before her brown eyes returned to his. "You know him as well?" she cocked her head curiously wondering how he knew David. Then again with David easily revealing who he was it wouldn't take a genius to realize what he was so it wouldn't be much of a surprise if he knew him. "Shouldn't we though leave that to the regulators?..." she asked silently to Luca while looking at David. She was completely oblivious to that fact that both Mason and Luca were both invalids like David is.

I scowl at Mason but reluctantly let him take my sword then I look at the new comer and then I hear an engine pull in front of the house "So many things going on at once" when I hear that were going to sit down to talk I am the first one to sit down at the table " Crazy day is it not " I say to the grope then I turn to Zoë and say " Your looking as good as ever I thought you would have gone home by now why did you stay?"

Zoë gestured to the scratches on her face and change of clothes. "I dont know, a bloody and muddy face and clothing would definately turn heads. Mason took care of my wounds and let me shower, he also said he was going to try to get the blood and mud out of my clothes. So in a way im kinda stuck here.... but I don't mind really. This is the most interestingly fun day ive had in years." She hugged her legs to her chest feeling as if it would be best if she went to another room whenever Mason returned to talk to the others that is. She hadn't the slightest clue what she has stumbled into.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Zoë nodded lightly. "He scrapped up my face pretty good along with a bit of my shoulder but its nothing I can't handle. Im used to getting injured often." She tugged her shirt up so her shoulders weren't showing, but the light injuries on her face couldn't be hidden, she was just greatful that he didn't break her nose or something.

"Don't you worry about him " I say "I'm not going into detail but lets just say Officer Stevenson won't be having anymore offspring anytime soon" I wink and take a minute to laugh it feels good to laugh especially when your scared

Zoë cheeks adorned a light rosey pinkish red on her sun kissed tan cheeks. Not sure how to respond she slowly and awkwardly sank into her chair. Looking at Luca pleadingly she hoped he or someone would atleast change the subject so it would be less awkward.

I suddenly remember my Moms tips on how to talk to women and now I remember the biggest no no was toilet humor I quickly changed subjects "So you've actually had fun today ?" I blush

Zoë nodded gently her eyes flickering back to David. "Except for having my face bashed in it wasn't that bad of a day." She fiddled with her fingers growing a bit shy around the strangers, she was bad around social settings with people who she didnt entirely know or have just met, Mason being the exception due to having known him prior.

Luca sat quietly, lost in his own thoughts as the two others carried on their conversation. He distanced himself from them, having the same indifference as Cured people, playing his part way to well. He hated this state he was in. Not quite understanding how he got himself into this charade of pretending to be someone he wasn't. A frown crept its way onto Luca's lips.

I turn my head to the stranger "I heard you talking with Mason something like you wanted to talk to me maybe we should go somewhere private to disuses it before we all meet?" I know he's a rebel just by the look of him this is good the more friends the easier the war will go

Zoë shrugged as she looked outside, the sun starting to set. "Not too late.... hopefully I don't break curfew though. Luca do you know the ti-" She was about to ask Luca but noticed the change of tone in the conversation and was cut off by David's exchange to Luca. "Maybe I should leave you two alone..." she suggested standing up and pushing her chair out, suddenly feeling like an intruder. Taking the hint she walked out of the kitchen area and into one of the many back bed rooms finding a single roomed one rather then shared, she laid down on the bed slightly exhausted by this day and unsure of what else to do with herself. She was curious why all of Masons room mates shared rooms and wondered why only one of them had one bed rather then bunked beds or two seperate ones like the others.

Curling up ontop of the bed she hugged a pillow seeking comfort. Truth was she couldn't be more lost and at this point was just along for the ride. A ride that was filled with things she both feared and was perplexed by: invalids. At this point, Zoë assumed Mason was just a home medic or something due to helping out David and Luca another roommate of Masons who returned early. While laying on the bed she comtemplated what was going on, thoughts and ideas which couldnt be more wrong swirled within her deep thoughts, too distracted to eavesdrop or anything of that nature.

I lean a little closer to the stranger and whisper "All right Luca drop the act what do you want with little ol me " I say smirking

Luca turned his head and fixed his penetrating stare on the young boy. "No. You can stay." He said, addressing Zoë while still glaring at David. He stood and moved over close to the boy and shook his head. "I don't know how you think things work around here but violence is never an answer." He shook his head and touched his scar once more. "You and I? We are not friends as of now. This town is relatively calm and until you learn that, you're going to cause a whole lot of trouble."

"Look" I say Stevenson was about to kill them I didn't want to fight I just came here to ask Mason for some help and saw Stevenson about to do something bad and if your worried that he might come looking for me don't worry he thinks he killed me " I lean a little closer to Luca ear " Do we tell the girl that you and Mason are with the resistance?"

Luca stiffened and moved away from the young child quickly. This kid was dangerous and he knew things he wasn't supposed to. "How do you know that?" He snapped. Besides, Luca wasn't even truly a part of the Resistance, he just didn't like the cure. He looked around frantically and shook his head, muttering under his breath about hidden cameras and the government. "You do realize they bug houses to listen for trigger words and phrases, right? " He shook his head at the inexperienced boy. "Be more careful. Don't say stupid things."

"I'm a classically trained actor believe me I can see a faked cured and I know Mason because he was on the list of people that could help someone like me out and besides they don't bug houses that's just what they want you to think but they do listen in on phone calls though"

Mason Brooks

Sympathizer / 20 / Faked

"No need to worry," Mason stated, coming into the room at that exact moment. "I check for bugs every time it get home and have a scanner alarm that'll go off it someone is listening in." Looking back over his shoulder he gestured for Lilith to enter the kitchen. He had completely forgotten about the promise he had made to his old buddy, John Anderson, about him taking in John's little sister for awhile. It seemed she might be a bit of a handful. She most defiantly didn't have the slightest clue about what acting Cured was, that was a fact.

"You." Her voice made him jump, turning to glance at her. Lilith had her eyes fixed on the newcomer(Luca), eyebrows furrowed. "Aren't you Cured? What the heck is a Cured person doing here..?" She turned to glare at Mason, confusion written all over her face. It was almost laughable but it did seem like the guy had place a pretty good mask on. He was a better actor then Mason had given him credit for earlier. Still she was new to this so she couldn't be expected to know everything right off the bat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back