• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Chaos in Hoenn

And no, Shadow punch. It's not nearly as bad. It's where the user disappears and hits, reason why it's unmissable in the games. Don't worry, it

Assailant said:
Did you use Focus Punch?

KageYuuki said:
Even if it's one hit that shouldn't just magically land
Funny you should say that because every combative opportunity I've seen has been hit lands. Aka Nyx just grabbed Nick and held a knife to his throat without giving him any reaction.

KageYuuki said:
Landing a barrage of hits like this without giving the other player any way to respond is kind of, sort of, no it's just straight up godmodding. You really shouldn't suddenly be making every hit connect like that, type difference or no
I wouldn't necessary say it was godmodding. I mean, look at Baelok vs Dante, Dante was able to counter everything Baelok threw at him. Nick is a former champion so he has skill. Now it does read it like was multiple hits, but I don't think it was straight up godmod

I kind of want to post, but I really wouldn't have much to say, plus the Red King is kind of physically useless right now. He could fight if he had to, but not on the top of a flying pokemon.

Airagog said:
Funny you should say that because every combative opportunity I've seen has been hit lands. Aka Nyx just grabbed Nick and held a knife to his throat without giving him any reaction.
Lots of times though, it's something non-damaging and stops right next to where it would hurt (nyx did a kick that stopped right before it hit if I remember right.)

The next person picks it up from there (Alaric described why the hit struck his torso and not the jaw it was aimed at)

Nyx didn't do any damage, he just got right up in your face.

Elysium said:
I kind of want to post, but I really wouldn't have much to say, plus the Red King is kind of physically useless right now. He could fight if he had to, but not on the top of a flying pokemon.
That's fine. Nick is more for dialogue. The fact that he actually had to pull out Golurk even makes me a little upset. He isn't supposed to be fighting.

Onikmey said:
Lots of times though, it's something non-damaging and stops right next to where it would hurt (nyx did a kick that stopped right before it hit if I remember right.)
The next person picks it up from there (Alaric described why the hit struck his torso and not the jaw it was aimed at)

Nyx drew blood and bruised Nick. Read again please.

Airagog said:
Onikmey said:

Like Onik said, most if not all of that stuff actually stops before the blows hit. And Dante was caught in a lot of Baelock's stuff, the illusion primarily. Baelock being knocked out was preplanned between the pair

yeah, but that seemed more flavor than pain to me. I'm not complaining about what you did, just the idea of everything automatically hitting to do damage.

Onikmey said:
yeah, but that seemed more flavor than pain to me. I'm not complaining about what you did, just the idea of everything automatically hitting to do damage.
Holding a knife to someone's throat is set up to kill in one post. This is getting to flam war status though so I'm settling the argument with I did the same number of auto actions he did, which he hasn't complained about.

Airagog said:
And no, Shadow punch. It's not nearly as bad. It's where the user disappears and hits, reason why it's unmissable in the games. Don't worry, it
Actually, it's worse. Focus Punch is fighting, which doesn't affect Ghost. Shadow Punch is ghost, which is 2x effective against ghost.

Airagog said:
Holding a knife to someone's throat is set up to kill in one post. This is getting to flam war status though so I'm settling the argument with I did the same number of auto actions he did, which he hasn't complained about.
I'm a bit pissed, but I still get it.

To be fair though, I may have set something up, but I never actually DID anything.

But whatever.

I told you I wasn't complaining about what you did mate. I honestly like the story that's happening. I'm not upset. There's been lots of set up to kill moments (looking at you gemini xD ). Like you demonstrated, you can get out of them really quickly.

ENOUGH.

These posts are fine, since they are written and done, and back editing is a pain in the ass. From now on, leave the other players with time to react. I'm busy with school and work, I don't have time to solve arguments, and I don't want to see people drop out of this RP over something easily avoidable.

So can we just move on, please?

Leaving that all behind us now, I'll be planning a time skip again, to be posted on saturday. This will give us time to wrap up our individual threads, and give some people who got left out of the loop a chance to get back into it. We have a few dropouts, but I hope some of the others will still stay.

The skip, when posted, will be the day after, dealing with the aftermath and finally moving on from the Lilycove area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Airagog said:
That's fine. Nick is more for dialogue. The fact that he actually had to pull out Golurk even makes me a little upset. He isn't supposed to be fighting.
To be fair as well, this wasn't SUPPOSED to evolve into a fight. Nick would be all "whatever" and Nyx would just shrug and go back to Alaric.

Elysium said:
ENOUGH.
These posts are fine, since they are written and done, and back editing is a pain in the ass. From now on, leave the other players with time to react. I'm busy with school and work, I don't have time to solve arguments, and I don't want to see people drop out of this RP over something easily avoidable.

So can we just move on, please?

Leaving that all behind us now, I'll be planning a time skip again, to be posted on saturday. This will give us time to wrap up our individual threads, and give some people who got left out of the loop a chance to get back into it. We have a few dropouts, but I hope some of the others will still stay.

The skip, when posted, will be the day after, dealing with the aftermath and finally moving on from the Lilycove area.
but...

fine, whatever, though let it be known I never argued.

Assailant said:
To be fair as well, this wasn't SUPPOSED to evolve into a fight. Nick would be all "whatever" and Nyx would just shrug and go back to Alaric.
If you didn't do the knife that's totally what would have happened. Knife complicates things. Otherwise he was going to suggest training and preparation for fighting the current main villain.

@Assailant - I'm not pointing fingers, I'm just trying to stop this negativity in my OOC. I'm having fun, and since most people have stuck around, I'm assuming they are too. I've had multiple RPs on other sites falter and die, not due to lack of interest, but because of war in the chat threads. I don't want this one to follow suit.

Elysium said:
@Assailant - I'm not pointing fingers, I'm just trying to stop this negativity in my OOC. I'm having fun, and since most people have stuck around, I'm assuming they are too. I've had multiple RPs on other sites falter and die, not due to lack of interest, but because of war in the chat threads. I don't want this one to follow suit.
I'm okay with not continuing this arguement, but we DO need to have a way to debate if similar things arise in the future. What's your plan for that?

Question, this would make for an interesting plot point. Could skill swap and trick room affect normal people as well as pokemon?

@Airagog - "Enough" goes for you too. Argument/Debate/Whatever this is is now over. I suggest you and @Assailant end this little skirmish atop the wailord, and then move on from posting with each other for a little while. Okay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back