• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Chaos in Hoenn

[QUOTE="One Mean Ghost]Well I missed a lot... Any chance I can get a quick recap of where everyone is and what happened so Ic an find a spot for Dante? Notifications turned off and homework turned up so I missed a lot x.x

[/QUOTE]
I don't know how much you missed, so brief overview.

Zak and Max turned back to rescue people, before escaping.

Nyx chased after The Undertaker, and Alaric and Hibiko joined the fray. The Undertaker escaped into a boat, and Alaric followed with Nyx being too injured from Dark type attacks to do the same. The two fought briefly before the ship sunk. Alaric was rescued but injured.

Zenith and Eddie are exploring ruins.

Did I get that wrong or miss anything?

KageYuuki said:
I think Gregor's already in Lillycove @Throne Trinity ?
Yeah he will be unless someone interacts with him while he's on the boat with Mr. Briney. If no one does (which I doubt anyone will) I'll just write a post about watching the collapse from the boat and then heading back to Lillycove. Now I just need to figure out a reason to get to Alaric's place...

Assailant said:
I've always been against the idea of post size mattering. Usually, a post should be probably about 5 - 10 sentences. Any less, and you might not be conveying right. Any more, and you're probably using a lot of filler (unless it's an establishing post.) Even then, context matters. In a conversation, a one or two sentance post is perfectly acceptable. No one should be expected to post a whole paragraph to say "how are you?" What you did is just the right size.

I get the impression Nick doesn't have a clue what he's talking about....

Alaric, Hibiki, and Dante all grew up in a War. They've been fighting their whole lives xD

And I think Dante would be slightly insulted about that comment of "fighting like demons". Dante's known as the Demon King for a reason, and it's not because he leaves openings....

I think the idea of a post minimum is to avoid posts that consist solely of "how are you?". It's an effort to force people to put plot and character development and world building in. Whether or not it works though.....

Onikmey said:
I think the idea of a post minimum is to avoid posts that consist solely of "how are you?". It's an effort to force people to put plot and character development and world building in. Whether or not it works though.....
I get it should TRY to be avoided, but often times it can't. And that's fine.

[QUOTE="One Mean Ghost]I get the impression Nick doesn't have a clue what he's talking about....
Alaric, Hibiki, and Dante all grew up in a War. They've been fighting their whole lives xD

And I think Dante would be slightly insulted about that comment of "fighting like demons". Dante's known as the Demon King for a reason, and it's not because he leaves openings....

[/QUOTE]
And Nyx is a human-pokemon hybrid. He can MORE than capably fight.

Which is why I like to go with a paragraph minimum. 3-5 sentences is the general description, not terrible for a minimum

Assailant said:
I get it should TRY to be avoided, but often times it can't. And that's fine.
And Nyx is a human-pokemon hybrid. He can MORE than capably fight.
To be fair, very few people actually know about the various hybrid projects outside of Team Rocket. Really besides the Kings and a few veterans, most wouldn't know about it.

@One Mean Ghost I actually get the opposite impression- that he knows, but he comes off as not knowing. Does that make sense. Xp

@Assailant yeah. I know some people who don't provide any plot or character development or worldbuilding at all though, so it happens. Xp

[QUOTE="One Mean Ghost]To be fair, very few people actually know about the various hybrid projects outside of Team Rocket. Really besides the Kings and a few veterans, most wouldn't know about it.

[/QUOTE]
Which is why he doesn't know what he'd talking about.

But to be fair, he talked about how Nyx fought, implying he SAW Nyx use his move.

[QUOTE="One Mean Ghost]I get the impression Nick doesn't have a clue what he's talking about....

[/QUOTE]
I believe Nick is more of a calculating character. So in his eyes, they fight "sloppy". But he has a point, letting emotions get the better of you can leave you with an opening.

[QUOTE="Jose Prime]I believe Nick is more of a calculating character. So in his eyes, they fight "sloppy". But he has a point, letting emotions get the better of you can leave you with an opening.

[/QUOTE]
That only applies to the Undertaker. Normally, Nyx is cold and calculating in combat.

Fighting against the man who was responsible for a few months of torture, mutation, painful experimentation, the repercussions of which would change him forever...

TENDS to cause some emotions.

[QUOTE="Jose Prime]I believe Nick is more of a calculating character. So in his eyes, they fight "sloppy". But he has a point, letting emotions get the better of you can leave you with an opening.

[/QUOTE]
Again, Dante might be slightly offended at comparing them to 'demons' to describe them fighting sloppy xD

Nyx should be fine btw, aside from bruising and maybe shaken up a bit. Golurk didn't fully punch him. It's just to show him he's not invincible.

[/QUOTE]
Alaric can fight well, yes. But he could have easily won had he not thrown himself headlong into the fray.

KageYuuki said:
Yeah, but this is the King that's gone batshit crazy over the course of the war
This is true which is what Nick is pointing out. If he calms down a bit, he'll be unstoppable.

Airagog said:
only to reappear with his fist suddenly in Nyx's face sending him flying as the golurk looked forward and vanished as a sonic boom resonated, the golurk breaking the sound barrier as he took flight, reappearing behind Nyx as he used shadow punch again, vanishing much the same way Nyx could as he grabbed and began speeding towards the ground at mach 3, before suddenly turning back and dropping him gently off in front of Nick, whom smiled and pulled out his Bronzong,
Landing a barrage of hits like this without giving the other player any way to respond is kind of, sort of, no it's just straight up godmodding. You really shouldn't suddenly be making every hit connect like that, type difference or no

Arcaeus said:
They dont.... 70% of the time
Yeah, I learned that using the Rich Text editor for BBCode heavy posts just doesn't work. Switch to the BBCode editor, it'll make your life so much easier. ^^

(Upper right corner of the text box, looks like a page)

KageYuuki said:
Landing a barrage of hits like this without giving the other player any way to respond is kind of, sort of, no it's just straight up godmodding. You really shouldn't suddenly be making every hit connect like that, type difference or no
It's only one hit. The rest is grab actions with Nyx did for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back