• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Chaos in Hoenn

eeyep

Though everyone involved in the fight's been working out what went down after the time skip.

Well . . . a lot of plans did end up having to be scrapped with the skip. *sigh . . .* oh well

KageYuuki said:
Well . . . a lot of plans did end up having to be scrapped with the skip. *sigh . . .* oh well
Really? Well that's a bummer. Well at least everything will be calm now

Onikmey said:
I'm interested to see how the detective and Ravyn will interact
Is there something about them that wouldn't mix? I think that all our characters can get along. Maybe Max and Dante won't be the best of friends, but I can't see anybody hating another

I'm stuck in Graphic Design right now so if Raven doesn't strike up a conversation with Gregor by then I'll right a post about trying to pry information out of her.

[QUOTE="Throne Trinity]I'm stuck in Graphic Design right now so if Raven doesn't strike up a conversation with Gregor by then I'll right a post about trying to pry information out of her.

[/QUOTE]
Well a tiny time skip happened, so now it's taking place the day after. I'm only pointing this out cause DM doesn't want posts taking place at different times.

[QUOTE="Jose Prime]Is there something about them that wouldn't mix? I think that all our characters can get along. Maybe Max and Dante won't be the best of friends, but I can't see anybody hating another

[/QUOTE]
They just have ideological differences. I can see them getting along if they can learn to deal with each other xD

[QUOTE="One Mean Ghost]They just have ideological differences. I can see them getting along if they can learn to deal with each other xD

[/QUOTE]
I don't know what Dante's ideology is, other than I guess he doesn't like catching Pokemon or something.

Assailant said:
I don't know what Dante's ideology is, other than I guess he doesn't like catching Pokemon or something.
IN a nutshell, pokemon are family. He doesn't like the idea of family being cooped up in storage as part of some 'collection'. The thought of putting any of his pokemon in storage makes him sick.

In his opinion, there are some pokemon that are never meant to be captured. In otherwords, he thinks that no one has any right to 'own' any of the legendaries, especially not to complete some collection.

His ideas are shaped based on what he went through during the war, where he fought right alongside some legendaries and formed ironclad bonds with his pokemon. He saw firsthand how powerful the bond between trainers and their pokemon could be, and for that reason he could never see capturing pokemon just to 'catch em all'. You could never make time for that many pokemon, and, in his eyes, it's completely unfair to the pokemon that spend the rest of their days just floating in pokemon storage.

Then he certainly isn't gonna like Air's character given he's been going out and capturing pokemon only to use a small handful....

Though question, Dante's stance on capturing the pokemon to record data on them then releasing? Or is that not possible? I'm not entirely sure how the whole capture thing works xD

KageYuuki said:
Then he certainly isn't gonna like Air's character given he's been going out and capturing pokemon only to use a small handful....
Though question, Dante's stance on capturing the pokemon to record data on them then releasing? Or is that not possible? I'm not entirely sure how the whole capture thing works xD
He's got no issues with catch/release for data. And he's cool with trading as long as its what the pokemon in question want.

Given how attached he is to his pokemon, It's not much of a surprise how his mind works. He believes that too many trainers take their pokemon for granted and don't consider their pokemon's feelings as much as they should. Given he saw pokemon die for their trainers(and vice versa) during the war, he finds it deplorable how some people treat their pokemon like nothing more than tools.

Just to clarify, this is how Dante feels, not me xD I honestly really enjoy Max as a character and I'm excited to see if he ever does manage to catch Mew.

But I have to stay in character, and Dante wouldn't be at all thrilled with it ^^;;;

[QUOTE="One Mean Ghost]IN a nutshell, pokemon are family. He doesn't like the idea of family being cooped up in storage as part of some 'collection'. The thought of putting any of his pokemon in storage makes him sick.
In his opinion, there are some pokemon that are never meant to be captured. In otherwords, he thinks that no one has any right to 'own' any of the legendaries, especially not to complete some collection.

His ideas are shaped based on what he went through during the war, where he fought right alongside some legendaries and formed ironclad bonds with his pokemon. He saw firsthand how powerful the bond between trainers and their pokemon could be, and for that reason he could never see capturing pokemon just to 'catch em all'. You could never make time for that many pokemon, and, in his eyes, it's completely unfair to the pokemon that spend the rest of their days just floating in pokemon storage.

[/QUOTE]
Max shouldn't be misunderstood. I mean, I get that's how people view him. Dante wouldn't be the only one. But he DOES actually care about pokemon, even the one he captures for the sake of capturing alone. He's worked out with the professor how to make sure the pokemon he captures, but doesn't use, are healthy and happy. They have their own set of areas where they can run around and do what they want, while remaining under the eye of the Professor and his aides. It allows for further study, capture, and still lets the pokemon live happily. All of the pokemon Max has caught like Max (with the exception, of course, of a few particularly sassy ones. Everyone has THAT pokemon) because he treats them all like living beings, not JUST members of his collection. Granted, the pokemon on his actual team like him far more than the pokemon back at the lab, but still.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone wants to misunderstand baelok, please do. It allows for interesting character development. ;)

[QUOTE="Jose Prime]I was under the impression Max caught and then released pokemon, save for the ones he decided to keep.

[/QUOTE]
If a pokemon's truly unhappy at the lab, even after some time, than he releases them. But typically they're content.

As for legendaries... I think even Max doesn't really know what he'll do when he catches one. Particularly Mew. He hasn't really thought that far ahead.

Onikmey said:
If anyone wants to misunderstand baelok, please do. It allows for interesting character development. ;)
I just mean OOC. There are PLENTY of people in universe who misunderstand him.

Assailant said:
Max shouldn't be misunderstood. I mean, I get that's how people view him. Dante wouldn't be the only one. But he DOES actually care about pokemon, even the one he captures for the sake of capturing alone. He's worked out with the professor how to make sure the pokemon he captures, but doesn't use, are healthy and happy. They have their own set of areas where they can run around and do what they want, while remaining under the eye of the Professor and his aides. It allows for further study, capture, and still lets the pokemon live happily. All of the pokemon Max has caught like Max (with the exception, of course, of a few particularly sassy ones. Everyone has THAT pokemon) because he treats them all like living beings, not JUST members of his collection. Granted, the pokemon on his actual team like him far more than the pokemon back at the lab, but still.
I figured this was the case. Dante doesn't know that though ^^

Assailant said:
If a pokemon's truly unhappy at the lab, even after some time, than he releases them. But typically they're content.
As for legendaries... I think even Max doesn't really know what he'll do when he catches one. Particularly Mew. He hasn't really thought that far ahead.

I just mean OOC. There are PLENTY of people in universe who misunderstand him.
I remember in the first season of the anime when ash caught his sixth Pokemon (Krabby) it got sent to Oak's lab where Oak took care of the Krabby.
hqdefault.jpg

[QUOTE="Throne Trinity]I remember in the first season of the anime when ash caught his sixth Pokemon (Krabby) it got sent to Oak's lab where Oak took care of the Krabby.
hqdefault.jpg

[/QUOTE]
Yep. Basically the same thing.

[QUOTE="One Mean Ghost]I figured this was the case. Dante doesn't know that though ^^

[/QUOTE]
Yup.

So I watched how Ash beat Liz and Tate, I wanted to see how the show had them battle. The way he won, man it was some illogical bull. And I forgot how powerful they made Light Screen look

Users who are viewing this thread

Back