• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Chaos in Hoenn

Mission Objective. Team Galactic flat out wanted to destroy the planet and Team Plasma did try to create a super Pokémon with the sole purpose of killing (genesect) Team Rocket really mainly wanted money. If you're going lore wise you can totally just say either of them did it and it makes absolute sense.

Like you can even reuse the lab genesect was made from. That works almost too perfectly. And Team Flare never really expanded out much further than the super weapon. So I'd say maybe to them, but for best fit its Team Plasma.

Also you're right it's Modus Operandi, I had a black out moment for a second (calculus will do that to you. Don't do math kids)

Onikmey said:
Chaos in Hoenn team rocket seems a bit different than canon team rocket.
A lot different. I don't believe the other villain teams exist. In my understanding, Team Rocket became a threat to something like the Nazi's, they basically started a world war.

Airagog said:
Like you can even reuse the lab genesect was made from. That works almost too perfectly. And Team Flare never really expanded out much further than the super weapon. So I'd say maybe to them, but for best fit its Team Plasma.
Also you're right it's Modus Operandi, I had a black out moment for a second (calculus will do that to you. Don't do math kids)
Yeah, so M.O. doesn't really fit there. Or... I guess it kinda does?

Also, yeah, but Team Rocket never waged an international war, or made human-bug mutants. So...

Still would suggest plasma cause then you could genesect tie in and it'd be amazing.

[QUOTE="Jose Prime]A lot different. I don't believe the other villain teams exist. In my understanding, Team Rocket became a threat to something like the Nazi's, they basically started a world war.

[/QUOTE]
Except without all the genocide and crap.

Mean, come on, you could say that you were made from the same lab as Genesect and you were the prototype. That'd make for such a cool storyline with a legendary that isn't flat out broken op lore wise.

It doesn't fit as well with the story though. If I have to choose between OP pokemon and a story that meshes better, I'm gonna pick the story.

Also I just said Genesect isn't op. Like story wise Genesect is just a neat pokemon with a neat story. If Plasma (and by extension Genesect) never existed then you obviously have to choose Team Rocket. But if Plasma did exist or if Team Rocket decided to do the experiment instead of Team Plasma, then I'd recommend tying it in with that. You could say your character was one of the rejects of experiment F.E.A.R. and that the final result of the experiment he was in was Genesect.

Just a thought. You could base it on that with story gene splicing and work it in to where you'd have a backstory that you could expand on as much as you wanted if you could work that angle. If you want to know how to work it to where Pokémon supports the idea of gene splicing, you have examples in Genesect and even Kyurem if you wanted to go that route, but Genesect would be more direct since he's a bug type.

Airagog said:
Also I just said Genesect isn't op. Like story wise Genesect is just a neat pokemon with a neat story. If Plasma (and by extension Genesect) never existed then you obviously have to choose Team Rocket. But if Plasma did exist or if Team Rocket decided to do the experiment instead of Team Plasma, then I'd recommend tying it in with that. You could say your character was one of the rejects of experiment F.E.A.R. and that the final result of the experiment he was in was Genesect.
I get what you're saying, but what I guess we're trying to say is, just forget the other team names. instead of Team Magma, Aqua, Galactic, etc, it was all Team Rocket in this lore. You could say they tried to accomplish the same feats as the other teams, but it is all Rocket.

I'm not happy with this post, but I'm tired as hell. I left Alaric open to RP with anyone who feels up to it. I'll answer it tomorrow.

Also, about the other teams, they did exist, but they either got defeated by heroing trainers, stomped out by Team rocket, or assimilated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird, but okay. Totally didn't get that impression at all when reading the overview. I just got the impression that Rocket was the most recently big threat.

[QUOTE="Jose Prime]I get what you're saying, but what I guess we're trying to say is, just forget the other team names. instead of Team Magma, Aqua, Galactic, etc, it was all Team Rocket in this lore. You could say they tried to accomplish the same feats as the other teams, but it is all Rocket.

[/QUOTE]
Team Rocket was a global threat until the end of the war 6 years prior to the start point of this RP. There are no other groups. Team Rocket may or may not have picked up some of their projects for the lore of this RP. Just keep in mind the Lore for this RP differs incredibly highly from what was shown in cannon.

Elysium said:
I'm not happy with this post, but I'm tired as hell. I left Alaric open to RP with anyone who feels up to it. I'll answer it tomorrow.
Also, about the other teams, they did exist, but they either got defeated by heroing trainers, stomped out by Team rocket, or assimilated.
Neato. So other teams did exist, thought so. There you have it then. Team Plasma for Genesect and splicing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back