[Castles Made of Sand] Castles Made of Sand Discussion

Yes. She doesn't have a defense. If possible, I'd like to leave it open so Masaru's action against you stays intact.

[QUOTE="Cabin Girl Frixz]Not as good but still not too shabby. Rinakas about to hurt herself worse than Phios could!

[/QUOTE]
:/

Captain Hesperus

So then, do you get to choose one of these?

Chimera: Chimerae are aesthetic ideas or visions
specifically designed to corrode the Virtues of others —

harmonious or monstrous arrangements of color, sound

and meaning that interfere with the structure of the raksha

or human spirit.

Entanglement:
Entanglement locks the Essence of

the raksha and her victim together in a one-on-one struggle

for power over the victim’s soul.

Harness of Razored Dreams:
Some raksha Entertainers

wear a garment of interlaced heart thorns, so that those who

interact with them are seized with jagged, sharp emotions.

These cut at the spirit of those whom the raksha entangles.

Heart Thorn:
Heart thorns are strong, powerful aesthetic elements that raksha can conjure into their shaping

— from the presence of a deity to a song evoking true grief.

These wonders conjure barbed, dangerous emotions.

Milieu:
The entire shaped world is the raksha’s weapon

— it forms an emotional context for the attack.

Prodigies:
The raksha focuses the shaping on a small

handful of powerful emotional elements.

I think I must got with one first, the entanglement one, the rest seem to be results of more attacks on a target.

Holy crap. So, I rolled her Willpower+Essence to soak the damage as per the rules and she succeeded well above your roll. So, she takes no damage. I'm not even sure how to play this.

I need help from the all of you guys. Rinaka was just the target of a Shaping Attack. Does anyone knows what that looks like or if it's all internal in her mind?

Honestly, no idea, I'm not overly familiar with the rules of shaping combat, I thought that it could only be done within the Wyld, as you play with the malleable nature of reality and shape it into a world altering narrative, such effects are as flashy or as subtle as the Raksha that describes them, but I had no idea that shaping attacks were possible in Creation, since the laws of Creation are firmly set and leave little room for the Wyld to do it's crazyness, I have no idea what they would look like.

I think this style of Shaping attack would be more akin to a 2nd Ed Social Attack, there's no visual effect (unless the attacker was using an Obvious-keworded Charm), though I suppose people might feel some sort of tenseness in the air as Mal attempts to bend Rinaka's emotions to her own devices.

Captain Hesperus

Guys, I am extremely busy in real life right now (moving to a new continent, starting a new job, sorting out visas/work permits/accommodation/etc.) and I just don't have enough time to keep up with all the games I'm on at the moment, I'm gonna have to drop a few in order to free some of my space and avoid dragging the game down with my slow post rate, so unfortunately I'm gonna have to drop of out of this one. Sorry for any trouble, and hope you all keep having fun.

From where to where are you moving? And I can so feel you on the visa front... shudder... those are never fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back